Print Thread
Hop To
#11175174 05/09/16
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
What is your desired range bag for long guns that gives you the best functionality? Looking for a replacement. Mine has got to go.

Do you use 8 1/2" x 11" or 11" by 17" targets?

Last edited by Reloder28; 05/09/16.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use the larger Midway Range Bag. Thought it was a bit too big at first but it's turned out to be a good size. I use 8.5" X 11" targets but believe the larger ones would fit just fine.

Midway Bag

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There are usually 1 or 2 range bags around. I look for one with longer legs. She can go and come back from the target faster. whistle
grin grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been using a large Rubbermaid storage bin with carrying handles for at least 20 years now - the same bin is still going strong.

The bin holds targets, spotting scope and bench tripod, chrono body, rear bag, ammo, towel, and various odds and ends. It also holds a medium sized MTM dry box with tray and lid compartments that organizes and holds earmuffs, screwdriver set, hex keys, ruler, magnifying glass, shooting glasses, stapler, pens and a bunch of smaller items.

Everything needed for the range is always in it so I never forget anything. Just load in ammo for the day and go.

Mine's gray but the same thing as here and is covered with manufacturer's stickers, drop charts for various loads, an NRA Life Member decal and such. I don't use the lid, btw.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Diaper bag from the CVS for $7.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2008 Silverado crew cab. Sometimes I even have room for a kid or two.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I've been using a large Rubbermaid storage bin with carrying handles for at least 20 years now - the same bin is still going strong.

The bin holds targets, spotting scope and bench tripod, chrono body, rear bag, ammo, towel, and various odds and ends. It also holds a medium sized MTM dry box with tray and lid compartments that organizes and holds earmuffs, screwdriver set, hex keys, ruler, magnifying glass, shooting glasses, stapler, pens and a bunch of smaller items.

Everything needed for the range is always in it so I never forget anything. Just load in ammo for the day and go.

Mine's gray but the same thing as here and is covered with manufacturer's stickers, drop charts for various loads, an NRA Life Member decal and such. I don't use the lid, btw.

[Linked Image]

I'm guessing there's not room for the lid to latch. Who carries it for you, anyway? That's more stuff than I have in my reloading room and I haven't cleaned that out in 15 years. grin

Few things worse than getting to the range and forgetting something. It's usually something important like muffs.

The important stuff I carry in a medium size (small?) Caldwell bag. The chrono and spotting scope goes along if I see the need, and I use different targets for different things.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See thread titled: "Old man workout". wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

[Linked Image]

I'm guessing there's not room for the lid to latch. Who carries it for you, anyway? That's more stuff than I have in my reloading room and I haven't cleaned that out in 15 years. grin

Few things worse than getting to the range and forgetting something. It's usually something important like muffs.

The important stuff I carry in a medium size (small?) Caldwell bag. The chrono and spotting scope goes along if I see the need, and I use different targets for different things.

Yeah, that sob needs wheels on it. I can't imagine hauling all that chit around. Why not just use a wheel barrow? I keep all of my chit in the aluminum tool box behind the cab of my pickup. Luckily, all the ranges I go to, I drive right up to the benches. The same goes for the gravel pits I frequent, I set up where ever I want. With the pickup close by, so I just unload the portable bench and I'm shooting right away. I feel sorry for some of you guys..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My main one is a Filson Sportsman's Bag #266. It's about perfect. I'll snap some pictures when I get a minute.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kingston
My main one is a Filson Sportsman's Bag #266. It's about perfect. I'll snap some pictures when I get a minute.

Thanks.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These work for a lot of things, HF puts em on sale for about six bucks.
heavy duty enough to hold a lot of ammo yet work good to protect things like cameras, ear muffs, etc..
Have three or 4 of em for different things.
these with a shallow container like Jim uses for targets tape, staples etc.

http://www.harborfreight.com/15-in-tool-bag-62348.html

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I'm impressed. Hope the guy at the next booth is too. I can buy 42 diaper bags that have more pockets, more room, and last 20+ years for that price.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deflagrate

I'm impressed. Hope the guy at the next booth is too. I can buy 42 diaper bags that have more pockets, more room, and last 20+ years for that price.

GFY (Good For You)

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought this bag because I wanted something large enough to carry my spotting scope and removable bipod.

http://www.511tactical.com/patrol-ready.html

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Deflagrate

There's not much pride of ownership in those 42 diaper bags. Filson makes some of the nicest clothing and gear around.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jwall
There are usually 1 or 2 range bags around. I look for one with longer legs. She can go and come back from the target faster. whistle
grin grin
Jerry

I had taken some interest in this thread Googling range bags and such but found the search term fun bags to offer larger rewards....

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Those cost more than that Filson bag for certain...

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I had taken some interest in this thread Googling range bags and such but found the search term fun bags to offer larger rewards....

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Higbean
Those cost more than that Filson bag for certain...

laugh laugh

I'd bet 1 K that you are right!! grin

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 05/13/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,366 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.