Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
you know every time you read this you have to ask yourself if "parts are just parts" I am guessing none of the 4 Bushmasters had any of the currently available made in China parts in them. Its always a good read as 10,000 rounds of some pretty crappy ammo is a lot through a barrel. You have to wonder if a Colt or a Daniel Defense or Noveske would do any better and you have to wonder if an Eagle Arms AR15 would do any worse.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/#erosion

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I had a barrel once... that had a bit over 12,500 on it when I won the LA state distinguished match...

But I was a fair shot with a worn out barrel at the time.. LOL

Was not aware that there are AR parts made in china around, I thought that would be illegal to import.

Of course I do need at some point to buy about 10 more LPKs. Think I'll just go to White oak and buy whatever conglomeration of parts John has at the time, they test their stuff and if RRA or such meets it, thats fine, and if they have to have some of the parts made to meet standards they do....

Looking at the barrels, the worst throat looks a lot like the throat on mine at 12500 plus.... we cut the chamber open to look... on a Krieger. Never thought to look at the gas port though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Can you provide some links about the parts being made in China?

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
most of one link refers parts to airsoft guns... which means they are not gun parts.

As always a lot of it depends on what your goal is and needs are.

Burris PEPR is china made IIRC, I"ve never had an issue with the couple I've shot with. A bit heavy, but no big deal for most issues.

Some of us demand brand names so we can say we have it.

Some demand the best there is.

Some demand something that works.

Some guns are work guns. Some plinkers. Some competition guns.

Everything varies.

Having a friend in China for years on an IBM product what I can tell you is they can build it to whatever quality you want. That was clear. So the "junk" chinese parts come because the folks that want to sell it to you here, want cheap junk to just make money. I'm not siding with china, just saying they produce whats demanded...the fault of cheap junk lies in US retailers demanding it. They only demand it because the end user demands it.

La Rue and Noveske and such are overpriced IMHO, but its a sure way to buy quality without having to test, research etc...
YMMV

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.