.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, you can do that, but spending years at Sing Sing is not part of my life's plan.

When is the last time you went into St. Paul, with no handgun permit and a 1911 strapped on your hip in plain view ?

Think that is what you want me to do...... ignore the law.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good luck with the answer, I thought there were a couple NY highpower shooters on teh forum here.

I'd move, but thats just me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1000is
Well, you can do that, but spending years at Sing Sing is not part of my life's plan.

When is the last time you went into St. Paul, with no handgun permit and a 1911 strapped on your hip in plain view ?

Think that is what you want me to do...... ignore the law.

Yes. Ignore the law. The only people that are following the law there are wearing a badge for a living. And that is only because their CO said to comply or loose your job.
I don't go to Slain Paul of Murderapolis so the answer is no. But I did carry every day for over 6 years in Syracuse without a permit because I wasn't going to fork over $250 just for Onondaga county to tell me that I don't have a reason to carry. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
I'm not trying to be a azss, I'm just telling you what I would and did do until I got smart and moved.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Fixed 10 round mag. Load from the top. It is no longer considered an assault weapon.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
what a dumb ass rule... but thats how it is when liberals play.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That does look like the best possibility as long as the lower is manufactured as a fixed. Not a home job with epoxy or nuts and bolts.

The "law" is way vague but the word "receive" a detachable magazine could be implied to mean convertible back is is a no no.

Found this company that makes a "fixed, fixed".

http://www.dark-storm.com/dsi-ds15-assembled-moe-fixed-magazine-lower-receiver-fde-blk.html

As mag may be diassembled while in the gun, you could block it to 5 shot for hunting legal.

Keeping the detach mag requires a ton of expensive changes.

Top loading an AR is fairly easy, about as bad as loading a fixed floorplate, low scoped bolt gun.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

"Think that is what you want me to do...... ignore the law.

Yes. Ignore the law. The only people that are following the law there are wearing a badge for a living. And that is only because their CO said to comply or loose your job.
I don't go to Slain Paul of Murderapolis so the answer is no. But I did carry every day for over 6 years in Syracuse without a permit because I wasn't going to fork over $250 just for Onondaga county to tell me that I don't have a reason to carry. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
I'm not trying to be a azss, I'm just telling you what I would and did do until I got smart and moved."

As for Les, nobody called you names but carrying concealed with no permit in NY, is an invitation to jail. Probably never be caught until when you needed it, shot some minority bad guy and became a poster boy for the gun control freako ADA. You would be a felon (no gun ownership), probably do time and be sued into bankruptcy.
The "12" that would judge you in the Salt City, would be minority, women, no gun owners. When the state was done, the feds would come after you for violating maumau's civil rights. It has happened all over the country. By the time you were free, you will probably wish you had spent 250 bucks !

You think Goetz and Zimmerman would follow the same road again ?

It's one thing to fight for gun rights. It's quite another to break settled law. Even Martin Luther King went to jail and had the FBI watching his every move. His cause sold in NY, your's would not !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1000 you are correct on every statement.
But without knowing someone or having a real good reason to them, I wouldn't have been issued a permit. I'd still rather be alive so I did what I had to do.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have two "featureless" AR-15's in my home that my son and I just built as a father and son project.

One has a Thordsen FRS-15 stock and an 18" heavy stainless barrel.

The other has a Spur grip with a Patrick Henry trigger guard.

Both have detachable magazines that don't hold over 10 rounds.

We built the lowers ourselves and bought completed uppers. The heavyweight upper online and the lightweight at a gun show.

Dan

Last edited by Dantheman; 05/15/16.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Les7603006
1000 you are correct on every statement.
But without knowing someone or having a real good reason to them, I wouldn't have been issued a permit. I'd still rather be alive so I did what I had to do.

Les, back when I got my permit (Rochester) they were no more friendly than now. I didn't have any pull, just a clean record. Got an unrestricted permit. Then moved it to Livingston Cty (very friendly). Only had to pull a gun once, when I caught a victim of white priviledge up under my dash board intent on stealing my car stereo. When the Rochester cops arrived he hollered long and loud:"dat man he got the gun !" The cop said:"you're lucky he didn't shoot you !"

Turns out he was up upstate visiting his sister. He was from NY City, where nobody is armed (except the gang bangers).

Glad you were not caught !

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dantheman, thanks.

Think I'll go with the "fixed,fixed" as I have 4 "evil" uppers. Top loading an AR is no worse than a fixed floorplate, low scope mounted bolt gun.

Some say you can even use stripper clips.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
no vertical pistol grip, or thumb-hole grip, so normal rifle style pistol grip complies.

5-rd magazines, or tack-weld the longer magazine in place and top load the rifle. This has to be a "permanent alteration", which I guess means you can't just use chewing gum to weld the magazine.

The AR style Pump rifles are also compliant.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The danger with "do it yourself" magazine "fixing" is that no one has been hauled into court with one.

The law is intentionally vague saying: "Semiautomatic rifles capable of receiving a detachable magazine."

All AR lowers, except the DSI, are manufactured as "capable of receiving". It becomes a judgement call as to just how the modification done by a gun owner qualifies.

DSI's website states their purpose built fixed magazines lowers are "NY SAFE". I'd feel okay with their lower as an attorney could say his/her client was acting in a prudent manner by buying a purpose built lower described as okay by the manufacturer.

While it may never go to court, all it takes is one nutcase taking 3 home made fixed magazine 10 shot ARs into a mall and shooting up the place. Ambitious cops and DAs would go nuts.

Until NY collapses economically and the corrupt Cuomo machine are all locked up, there is little hope things will change.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was at a gun show in Orange County on Saturday. I saw some AR-15's being sold with what appeared to be "Bullet Buttons" with what looked like epoxy in the hole that the bullet tip would be inserted.

Dan

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This one appears to be NY legal. kwg

http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yup it's okay in NY (for now).

Epoxy in bullet button is not. Two minutes with a cigar lighter and it will become evil.

That AR can still "receive" a detachable magazine.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I assume or maybe should say asking, did they grandfather in a provision so you can own a pre safe act AR ? If so; that would seem to be the obvious solution.

An outright ban might require a costly buy back. In general, confiscation without compensation is unconstitutional.

This grandfather scenario is why you see all the panic buying after shootings or prior to elections.

I would rather pay more for the real deal than own a safe full of either cosmetic abortions or functionally challenged guns.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There weren't any military style rifles grandfathered. We had the choice of registering them or selling them out of state. After their specified date, no military style rifles could be registered or legally purchased.

There also isn't any written guidance on converting the rifles to make them legal. I figure NY state would rather that someone be arrested and let the courts decide...if the defendant has the money to fight the charges.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 74 invisible), 3,139 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,584
Posts18,454,243
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.