Print Thread
Hop To
A
Alex38 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I have a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor. I also have a new Leupold VX3 LR 4.5-14x50 that I want to put on it. Any suggestions for rings? This is the first rifle of this type that I've set up. I was thinking of Warne Maxima fixed rings, as I've had good luck with them in the past on other rifles. Any other suggestions?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of options with the only suggestion being rings having enough height (think AR type height). Seems like many are gravitating towards the 1.4-1.5" range. I use the Nightforce magmount 30mm and I wouldn't want to go any lower.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd go with some decent tactical steel rings if I were you. Seekins, Badger, etc. Cheapest I'd slum would be the TSR rings in steel. They're great rings for the price.

Would not go with the Warne vertical split rings on any long range rifle.....but that's must me.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor. I also have a new Leupold VX3 LR 4.5-14x50

I have pretty much the same set up and went with Seekins extra highs.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1086981288401/seekins-precision-30mm-picatinny-style-rings-matte[quote][/quote]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burris Signature XTR 'Horn rings with 40MOA dumped in 'em,is easily your best pitch. Couldn't yard a set of TPS off fast enough,to replace with 'em with. They come in the height,to do you right and are as a path forward,my default Krunchenticker ring from now on.

[Linked Image]

The Reupold 4.5-14x sucks ass in all versions and that is being VERY fhuqking kind. There's NOTHING redeeming in the lineage,from one end to the other and I've suffered 'em all.

Maxima's are a great move,when doing something TOTALLY opposite of Krunchenticker ring height,in that their lowest height is a nice pitch,on more than a few platforms. They are tough to beat there and I drive lots of them,on a multitude of platforms and a herd of Custom builds.

Sometimes you gotta improvise/adapt...to get where you wish to be.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Montucky S/S 2pc 1913 bases with 20MOA would be WELL received,then one could drive 'Horns atop 'em for another 40MOA and 60MOA in total. While that wouldn't eek all the goody out of a 6 or 10x MQ's potential(takes a minimum of 75MOA to do that),it's a nudge in the right direction.

EVERYTHING on the erector below zero...is 100% totally fhuqking useless.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So Stumpy....

do you prefer to buy your scope rings pre rusted,

or do you like to do it yourself, so it matches the rust on the rest of the rifle?

just how essential is the rust to accuracy of the rifle?

Lead us to water....

so we can get our stuff rusty also....

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I went on the cheap. S.SALT from SWFA: http://swfa.com/SWFA-SSALT-30mm-Scope-Mount-P58814.aspx

Works well enough on my RPR 6.5 Creedmoor with SS 5 x 20 scope.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I like EGW for price and quality. I have found dealing with George entirely satisfactory.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
He splashes his mixed drinks all over his guns. The salt, lime, and tequila do numbers to bluing. Then it actually looks like he got out of the bar, and took a graffiti covered gun outside.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Perhaps some day,you'll be able to venture Outdoors on your own and see for yourself? Nawwwwwww...THAT ain't in the fhuqking cards,but you are a "lucky" kchunt and get to read about it. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Ornery,

The SSALT is a Goat Fhuqk,as a best case scenario. It do no favors in integrity,repeats,ring spacing or inclination.

If only for starters.

Hint.................

Clark',

I EGW,only when forced and that is very often a 84M Kimber-esque mandate.

They mount high and inclination is sparse...as compared to Badger and the ilk.

I've got 'em all..................

Mi,

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Only saw (1) Custom Montucky land today,though a coupla more are enroute. 20" OEM contour dupe,with a shank reduction in 1-8" 6XC ala Brux. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Goes without sayin',that the EGW 20MOA 1913 rail had to get bucked in two,to nestle a NIB 6x MQ and Warne Maxima low's. Just sayin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

An MDT LSS may or may not have arrived.

[Linked Image]

I wonder if JARD makes a 84M Montucky trigger?!?

[Linked Image]

Ever offset,the offset,with a 77/22 Kenworth shifter on your 18" LW .720" McMillan stocked Hummer,for it's 6x MQ? Google it! Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I've a hunch that an itty-bitty less than MR contoured 18" 1-8" 270 prolly arrived and that I finally fhuqking shot my FF3 mount loose on the 22/45 LITE. Cheer up,I weren't shy with the 'polish. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Put (2) Booners to bed last night in schit wind and this swap do no favors for a Sneak,so we'll see what tomorrow brings. You be sure to continue to cite all of your amazingly WELL founded insecurities,as you set on your couchbound kchunt and try to convince yourself that you "could too".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!

Film at 11:00.

Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seekins gets my vote.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Goat [bleep] Stick:

The SSALT is a Goat Fhuqk,as a best case scenario. It do no favors in integrity,repeats,ring spacing or inclination.

It works, and is cheap. Now be a good wittle drunk, and go to bed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'iggle,

Glen makes exceptionally GOOD schit,of which there is no doubt. I wish he and everyone else would do the polymer eccentric thang,so max inclination could be realized in all avenues.

Until that time,the Burris XTR simply do what nothing else can,as it'll nip getting windage mechanically centered and coax the most out of an ele erector at the same time. Win/win...............

Old Dumbfhuqk,

No need to reiterate your fhuqking CLUELESSNESS and Whine aloud...as you talk out your ass. That few folks get "impressed" as easily as you,is hardly a Trump Card. Congratulations?!?

There's no such thing as a "Good Deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

There's no such thing as a "Good Deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

[/quote]

I have no horse in this race or the perceived quality of the said product.....but ^^^ is funny as hell.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

460 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,216
Posts18,447,378
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.