Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You need more ellipsis...just sayin'.

So Stumpy....

is this your attempt to try and impress anyone, that you know how to use a dictionary and went and looked up a word seldom used in daily conversation, and are now posting it to make it look like you are Smart or Something?

I think that is just precious....

I may think you're delusional there Stumpy... but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy trying to decipher your AK Trailpark Backwoods Gibberish...

You've got the wife and that Lab of yours putting up with you, and not kicking you out... I maintain both should achieve Sainthood for that fact alone...but for some reason they keep ya around...

Doubt if it is pity... like many of the rest of us, you provide the humor of watching a moron running around and defending his honor on the internet, and coming up with stuff all the time to try and disprove you were a high schooler who got kicked out of Marshfield High...

Personally I like ya Stumpy... you strike out daily, but it never stops ya from being out there battin... you're tenacious if nothing else...moreso than the ever ready bunny.. whose about your height anyway...

Good Talk there Stumpy... Have a great day doing whatever it is you do, while giving the impression you're employed at the same time you have all this time on your hands...TFF...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope he was too busy getting drunk the lil hump!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fotis
Nope he was too busy getting drunk the lil hump!

Some people who are in crisis seek professional help and some self-medicate as a means by which to cope.

Just sayin'..........

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Gdub,

Your oblivious Dumbfhuqkery NEVER disappoints in it's hilarity. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

B,

I hear a wink is a good as a nod to a blind horse, so thanks for the sentiment.

Anywho, back to the salt mines........

To the OP,

Any of these three would definitely reach out there and touch em'

[Linked Image]

Sako M995 in 338 Lapua (top) and the 338-06 AI (bottom) Both pruchased well under 10 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

6.5 Leopard, Bansner Stock, CRF accurized Winchester action, Broughton Barrel. MOA to 300 yds. No problem, 8 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

A Model 70 Supergrade in 300 WSM

[Linked Image]

or even a 270 Win.........

I'd say with 10 to 15 Benjamins, the world is your oyster.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Gdub,

Your oblivious Dumbfhuqkery NEVER disappoints in it's hilarity. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

B,

I hear a wink is a good as a nod to a blind horse, so thanks for the sentiment.

Anywho, back to the salt mines........

To the OP,

Any of these three would definitely reach out there and touch em'

[Linked Image]

Sako M995 in 338 Lapua (top) and the 338-06 AI (bottom) Both pruchased well under 10 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

6.5 Leopard, Bansner Stock, CRF accurized Winchester action, Broughton Barrel. MOA to 300 yds. No problem, 8 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

A Model 70 Supergrade in 300 WSM

[Linked Image]

or even a 270 Win.........

I'd say with 10 to 15 Benjamins, the world is your oyster.

JAPPFT,

GWB

GWB,

You have an impressive collection of right fine rifles. I've admired yours and Shrapnel's collections for some time. The pics off this thread alone make grown men drool. Love it and you've obviously killed a lot of animals with them. Lastly, class act on your response to BS. You understand the deal and don't let it get to you. I think it's hilarious some of the stuff that's actually written, but take it with a grain of salt.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B2

R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Appreciate everyone's comments and boy this has been a fun discussion. I knew there would be no right answer but appreciate everyone's passion. I've been to KtP and Riley's and am even more unsure what to do. If I was practical I would buy a stainless t3 or even more practical a compact rar.
But this isn't about being practical. I want to order a mcmillan stock in the worse way just because. I see some good deals on stainless vanguard s2s and part of me wants to order one and put it in a mcswirly sako hunter. I see brownells has 20 inch cerakoted #1 barreled actions on backorder but don't see anyone with them in Stock. That in a mcmillan edge would also be awesome.
I love the idea of just keeping the venture and going hunting but though I'm seeing a lot of good rifle deals, hunts are just so expensive. I don't want to derail my own derailed thread so I think I will post a second thread about the best 1000-1500 dollar hunt. Yes, I can not pass a hornet's nest without kicking it nor do I ever pass a dead horse without beating it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yes, I can not pass a hornet's nest without kicking it nor do I ever pass a dead horse without beating it.

You're going to fit in well here!

Welcome to the Fire!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
rcarr,

Are you in New England? You indicated that you'd visited Riley's and KTP, so I'm assuming NH or ME. If so, don't buy a new rifle, buy a hunt where there are decent numbers of worthy deer. When I have friends from NH come to visit, I don't even let them bring ammo the first day that they are hunting, otherwise they shoot the first buck in the 120 range that they see. After a day or two, they are able to hold themselves back and not shoot little Nebraska deer.

My high school buddies from Hanover and vicinity love to come shoot deer in Nebraska, even more so when I buy a bunch of seasons choice tags and give them the meat to take home. Three guys taking turns at the wheel can drive straight through from Omaha to Concord with stops to fill the fuel tank, empty the bladder, and get a bite to eat.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
260remguy, yes I am in southern NH. Huniting around here is tough but I think that is why I got so hooked. Just booking a higher density area to hunt would make sense. Some of the South eastern states seem to have good reasonably priced hunts and we have relatives in GA. Maryland I have been looking into also. The Midwest obviously has some good options. I would be that guy shooting the first legal deer I saw.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That passes the more you leave this State to hunt an actual herd.......!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rcarr
Appreciate everyone's comments and boy this has been a fun discussion. I knew there would be no right answer but appreciate everyone's passion. I've been to KtP and Riley's and am even more unsure what to do. If I was practical I would buy a stainless t3 or even more practical a compact rar.
But this isn't about being practical. I want to order a mcmillan stock in the worse way just because. I see some good deals on stainless vanguard s2s and part of me wants to order one and put it in a mcswirly sako hunter. I see brownells has 20 inch cerakoted #1 barreled actions on backorder but don't see anyone with them in Stock. That in a mcmillan edge would also be awesome.
I love the idea of just keeping the venture and going hunting but though I'm seeing a lot of good rifle deals, hunts are just so expensive. I don't want to derail my own derailed thread so I think I will post a second thread about the best 1000-1500 dollar hunt. Yes, I can not pass a hornet's nest without kicking it nor do I ever pass a dead horse without beating it.

In the big picture, rifles are cheap. Even the big "hobbyist" picture! I have guitars worth ~3x what you are talking about spending...

Anyway $1000-$1500 buys a LOT of rifle... probably. smile I get the impression that you are worried about spending a lot and not getting accuracy, which I understand... To that end, [bleep], just start buying interesting rifles, sell the ones that aren't accurate, and customize the ones that are to your taste.

Point being, it's an ongoing process, not so much a one-shot deal.

Example... I've owned a few "pencil barrel" mountain rifles. One was accurate enough to warrant further investment. The other two got rebarreled. The one I've put money into got a new stock, bottom metal, trigger, bolt shroud and innards... It deserved the investment. So I dunno, I personally wouldn't go Tikka or Weatherby or whatever but if that's your taste, fine, buy one, shoot it, if it's a shooter then start the ball rolling on improving it. If not, flip it. Repeat as necessary.

ETA: Returning to the guitar analogy... I know more about guitars than 99.9% of the world does...but if a guy said to me, "I want to spend $2k to get my dream guitar; what should I get?", the truth is that's a flawed premise that has no correct answer. It unknowable what that person's dream guitar is. But if that person said, I want to engage in a process that ends in me spending $2k on my dream guitar, then I could give him very specific and good advice and I would be pretty certain he'd come out the other side with a guitar that made him very happy.

So-- I'd rephrase your question to: what's the best process to engage in towards owning a great $1000-$1500 rifle?

Or just spend it on hunts <g>....

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/14/16.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9
That passes the more you leave this State to hunt an actual herd.......!

George

Agreed, I regularly see more whitetails in a single day here in Nebraska than I did in entire seasons, sometimes multiple seasons, of hunting in New Hampshire. I was lucky that when I was a kid, I had a great place to hunt deer in NH and VT, sometimes shooting across the Connecticut River from one state to the other. The difference for me is that in NE I shoot deer and punch tags, while in NH I hunted deer and only filled about 1/2 the tags that I purchased over the years.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just buy $1500 worth of cheap whiskey, go crazy with rattle can paint and rust on your current guns, act like an a-hole to everyone, abandon your family and friends, transform your liver to cinder block, and take the screen name Big Stick 2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
shooters outpost in Hooksett has 2 montanas and 2 adirondacks on the shelf

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.