Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
SargeMO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
One might also argue if it produces good results within the range of averages, it is relevant.

But I'm not about arguing, per the sig line. I learned a long time ago that whatever works for the individual is what's 'right'. I've trained a number of young men your size or taller. A lot of people do just fine with a rifle/stock on the short side. I had one that insisted on a LCP as his backup gun... the image of that little bitty pistol in his NBA sized hands will stick with me a long time.

Good luck and keep shootin'.

Last edited by SargeMO; 05/13/16.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Having dealt with more than one shooter convinced it had to be exactly correct when it was anything but... I will agree to disagree.

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
SargeMO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Having dealt with more than one shooter convinced it had to be exactly correct when it was anything but... I will agree to disagree.

wink

I don't think we disagree on much.

At best it is only one component of 'fit' and far from the defining measure of stock fit. I've shot shotguns that 'fit' the crook of my arm but boxed my cheekbone like Sugar Ray because the drop wasn't right for me etc. I will happily agree incorrect drop for a given shooter, combined with a poor angle of the pad or buttplate, can cause more problems than a half inch of length ever will.

Oddly I didn't notice this stuff until my right shoulder was rebuilt a little over a year ago.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

wink

I don't think we disagree on much.

At best it is only one component of 'fit' and far from the defining measure of stock fit. I've shot shotguns that 'fit' the crook of my arm but boxed my cheekbone like Sugar Ray because the drop wasn't right for me etc. I will happily agree incorrect drop for a given shooter, combined with a poor angle of the pad or buttplate, can cause more problems than a half inch of length ever will.

Oddly I didn't notice this stuff until my right shoulder was rebuilt a little over a year ago.

I have had mine done repeatedly, the last time was December of '96 and it seems to have done it right... but the sensations generated by a Franchi 12 O/U are still memorable... it left scars on the inside of my cheek!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
651 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 68 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.