Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well [bleep]... "guide jacket" smile I think I bought it before they came out with a rain jacket. I really like that thing, but if I'm bringing a rain coat I'm not bringing another shell jacket.

I've done the ziplocks. Probably should go back to that. I made oatmeal in my coffee mug for a while. I made coffee in my oatmeal bowl for a while. Neither was working out. I did the used MH bag exactly once, and am not that interested in saving weight. Ziplock is the lowest fuss.

Vek, I have used the Caribou bags - got fly eggs through the seam. I used the TAG bags after that, and thought they were better. Went to get some more and was not impressed with what I found. I talked to Larry about it and maybe it was just an isolated issue with the ones I saw. I should look again before August. I'll look at jimmytarps... he had some cool stuff going last time I looked.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
One of the handiest things you can bring that weighs almost nothing is a small Shamwow towel, cut in half. These things absorb a huge amount of water.

Water in your tent? Use it to bail it out.

Soaked to the core because your Gore-tex failed? Use it to dry yourself off before you put on your last set of dry base layer and climb into your bag.

Best use: put one in each boot before bed every night. Amazing how much drier your boots start out in the morning!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Cut to the chase and look at the list these guys have. They've walked in to get a pile of sheep and are pretty good deer hunters too.

http://www.provingtrailadventures.com/articles/informative-articles.html

That's a well thought list. Just pay attention to the fact that one guy is carrying 1/2 of the shelter, and some items are not redundant between users, but one carries a small item they both need.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Those boys are pretty hard core:)

The most interesting thing to me is how short their list is. Gear you don't bring weighs way less in your pack than even the most expensive stuff you bring.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.