Hop To
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Premium Performance Leica Magnus i Riflescopes
Debut to North American Shooters

Leica Magnus 1-6.3x24 i
2016 NRA Annual Convention - Leica Sport Optics provides a first look at the new Magnus i Riflescopes to the North American hunting/shooting community. Made in Germany, this 2nd generation premium performance riflescope series features high magnification ratio zoom ranges, ultra-wide field of view, and the outstanding optical performance and rugged and precise mechanical function expected from Leica.

Leica Magnus 1.5-10x42 i
The Magnus i Riflescopes feature daylight illuminated red-dot reticles with improved power consumption, an innovative auto/off system and easy battery change. Red-dots are pin-point sharp and crisply defined with a 60-step finely graduated brightness control for optimum intensity for any hunting situation.

Leica Magnus 1.8-12x50 i
The Magnus i Riflescopes feature daylight illuminated red-dot reticles with improved power consumption, an innovative auto/off system and easy battery change. Red-dots are pin-point sharp and crisply defined with a 60-step finely graduated brightness control for optimum intensity for any hunting situation.

Leica Magnus 2.4-16x56 i
Leica's nearly 150-year heritage of legendary lenses is apparent at first sight. Light transmission of approximately 92%, razor sharp images, and extraordinarily high image contrast ensure quick target acquisition and identification even in the most challenging lighting conditions. Targeting is additionally enhanced via the very wide field of view and zoom ranges of up to 6.7x.

Accurate, reliable and versatile, the Magnus i Riflescopes is at home on any rifle for any hunting/shooting application. Models offered are:

Leica Magnus i Riflescope models are available in a variety of reticles to match the application.

Leica Magnus i Riflescope Variety of Reticles
Precise and positive reticle adjustments are calibrated for 1 cm (1/3") per click. Additionally the Magnus 1.5-10x42 i, 1.8-12x50 i, and 2.4-16x56 i are offered with Leica's unique Ballistic Drop Turret (BDC - US).

Prices are from $2,399 to $2,999, depending on model and turret configuration.

For high resolution Images, Click here

For more information, check out www.leica-sportoptics.com, and visit Leica's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LeicaHunting. For Leica Sport Optics press releases and high-res images of this product and others, visit the Leica Sport Optics media room at http://www.touchpoint-management.com/leica.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw & imho,
Leica still has a LONG way to go to show me they are not going to FLAKE out and change warranty terms on the fly as they've done in the past... Dunno of a bigger Leica Slut than I once was, however, once burned twice shy...

They've got A LOT TO PROVE...

Regards, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia

NRA Life Benefactor Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw & imho,
Leica still has a LONG way to go to show me they are not going to FLAKE out and change warranty terms on the fly as they've done in the past... Dunno of a bigger Leica Slut than I once was, however, once burned twice shy...

They've got A LOT TO PROVE...

Regards, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia

Agree 100%, and I carried Leica's for almost 15 yrs.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
that's some serious coin!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

For that money I will buy Schmidt Bender.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Rick,

The Leica Magnus has been available in Europe for a few years now but was not imported into the US. This may have been because Leica was involved with a major lawsuit with Swarovski over some patent features in the Magnus line.

I know this because I've been wanting to get my hands on a Magnus for a while now. I do own two other Leica scopes,a 2.5-10x42 ER,and a 3-12x50 ERI with BDC. These are second tier scopes from Leica but are optically as good as anything else that I've seen. If the Magnus is better than what I have already,they must really be amazingly good.

Where can the Magnus scopes be bought? Do you know if the Leica BDC turret rings will be imported? I tried to get a set for my 3-12x50 and was told just two weeks ago by Leica USA that they were not imported into the US.

The Leica BDC turret rings are similar to the system Ziess calls its ASV turret rings. Really cool technology that pretty much makes custom turrets unnecessary for most hunting cartridges out to 500 yard/meters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH

For that money I will buy Schmidt Bender.

+1

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Every day-all day! powdr

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Rick,

Where can the Magnus scopes be bought? Do you know if the Leica BDC turret rings will be imported? I tried to get a set for my 3-12x50 and was told just two weeks ago by Leica USA that they were not imported into the US.

I have checked with Leica and they are expecting delivery for July. In my experiance delivery dates are totally subject to change so I will say this..... As soon as there is a confirmed shipment in route to Leica we will let you know.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
From their site:

"All Leica reticle designs have been developed and tested by field sportsmen, are located in the second focal plane...."

Just have to shake your head. Maybe some day they'll figure it out.

RLTW
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
greentimber

I am with you. Funny, how these things work...

FF was usual in european scope up until about the nineties, then they started to offer SF and are no just about fading out FF in total.

At about the same time, shooters in the US are realizing the perks of FF.

Why is it always one or the other with em?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When a company does a market research they go with what sells the most. In the USA there is no contest which sells the most and it is not first focal plane.

We have range finders now a days to tell us how far something is so no ranging reticle is necessary. When shooting at greater distances a scope with a smaller reticle covers up less of the target. For squeak shooting it is a benefit. For extremely long range gong or rock shooting first focal plane is okay.

Leica is in the money business. They choose to make optics to get money. When the market is large enough for FFP they will produce them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Seems to be large enough for S&B, Leupold, Nightforce, Zeiss, Vortex, etc....

RLTW
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by BobinNH

For that money I will buy Schmidt Bender Swarovski.

+1

Fixed it for both of you . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
WiFowller you like Swaro better than S&B?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
They need to improve customer service first. The 2 binoculars I sent in for repair cost an arm and a leg.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 46 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.