-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pebble belongs on the same pile of historical rubble where the Rampart dam, Project Chariot and a few other 'bright ideas' reside. (And some of those things didn't have the benefit of as much insight as we should have now.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Calvin
So you are in favor of the Pebble Mine?

I'm in favor of the permitting process to run its course to decide whether the mine develops or not the way it's supposed to.

So now the anarchist wants to trust big gov... funny if not so telling...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The mine has not been stopped by anyone aside from the operators. No EIS was ever filed and no one told them to stop.

It was only those that put out the real skinny on their intentions that made them realize it would be a lot of uphill fighting to get it done, with their major backers in gov exposed.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by rost495
.......will permit anything as long as you pad the right pockets,....

And, in times of financial difficulty like we face now, that price is not as high as it was previously. frown

AK pols rollover at a low threshold.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I'm in favor of the permitting process to run its course to decide whether the mine develops or not the way it's supposed to.

Anarchist? Who the fahq you calling an anarchist? It's anarchist for anti-Pebble fahqs to circumvent the lawful prescribed process that decides whether a project takes place or not.

Last edited by stevelyn; 05/23/16.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lawful can be right and/or good, but it is never equal to it.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 05/23/16.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Anarchist? Who the fahq you calling an anarchist? It's anarchist for anti-Pebble fahqs to circumvent the lawful prescribed process that decides whether a project takes place or not.

So you think Frank's maneuvers re using marine asset analysis criteria was lawful? Funny, the judge in that case did not decide it was even legal, let alone lawful.

What about Cook Inlet natural gas? You are so deep into it you have no clue. And the coal slurry plant? Thought so...

And no one shut off the process, period! It was simply a case where they kept getting caught. They can legally proceed with their "awful" plans any time they like. They did not even get to the EIS so it is impossible for them to have been stopped by anything in the process.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then you design and implement a new process.

The problem with Pebble is you have no idea which side is lying. In the end one would expect the process to expose the lies regardless of whose lies they are.

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can assure you at various times I had a lot more information about Pebble than anyone posting here. Quite a bit was not public.

Many of the lies were uncovered and all of those came from the State and companies looking at doing the digging. None of the lies could have come from the other side because there was no other side... just a Native Corp which sued and won to correct illegal actions on the part of Murkowski.

The number of jobs produced was going to be tiny, the risks at dozens of levels huge, and return to the State miniscule.

The mining rigs were to be huge and unmanned, for example. The arsenic heap leach process was not part of the plan... until it was. The negotiations to reduce the State's share were already being worked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps it would help to make more of that info public.

Z
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps it would help to make more of that info public.

Everything I have posted here is public. Reading comprehension is lacking on the part of those intent on letting the system vet the project for them.

The concept that the system was stopped is ridiculous. There is no way to get reporters to produce a full and accurate story and even harder for some to look past their own narrow bias.

Pebble is the only mine project in AK right now that I am completely opposed to... and there are plenty that have failed to fulfill their obligations to not pollute.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 64 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,224
Posts18,466,531
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.