Hop To
Page 1,586 of 1,842 1 2 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Thanks

After roller packing the entire area of additional yard (we added on to our existing yard), I think we may have made a mistake, lol!

I roll packed it with a 6' wide packer, so I have a bit of an idea how long it will take to go over it all with a 72" mower deck. It's going to be a lot of work. shocked

lol! I want a 40 acre lot...with a 20'x50' yard!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You could put in some landscaping. You'll have to mow around it, but not over it.

Screen house? Gazebo? Pond? Mini, old school gas station for displaying/photographing cars?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone

Screen house? Gazebo? Pond? Mini, old school gas station for displaying/photographing cars?

Yes

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Mini, old school gas station for displaying/photographing cars?

Ohhh...I like that idea! This came to mind right away. My photobucket doesn't cooperate at work so I'll have to attach a link to the pic. This is a little gas station that used to be in Walcott, ND. It now sits on the grounds of the Western MN Steam Threshers Reunion in Rollag.

https://www.google.com/search?q=walcott+gas+station&biw=1920&bih=943&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwigxLfMyuHMAhWJ5oMKHQHiBuYQ_AUICCgD#tbm=isch&q=walcott%2C+nd+gas+station+now+in+Rollag&imgrc=KCk134jYsEckaM%3A

Waylon and I used to road trip out that way and thought it was pretty cool.

Sorry, it looks like you'll have to copy and paste the link

Last edited by Rooster7; 05/17/16.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
ND should put a deep pond there. Stock her wit crappies. Then when they get up to be about 13inchers or so throw some tip ups out in the winter time. While your working on cars, can run for the flags.

Or when to busy for the big pond, you could put the ice castle on the pond. Just a thought, maybe i have to much time on me hands. To come up with such idears.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm no doctor, but I would say these are normal Minnesota man brain thoughts.

lol.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Raise buffaros! When baby buffaro get rost, I put baby buffaro in caw and bring house. Then you courd ufinize baby buffaro and put on Hibachi!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't see a buffalo lasting longer than a day at Camp Shaw! lol. Too many things to cook meat on there!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I do like me some grilled tatanka.

Something clever here.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was out at camp this morning. Drove right in with the heavy diesel so I am calling the trail very passable at the moment.

I fetched up the BBQ grill from camp so I can run it along with our home grill in prep for Nate's graduation. I'm smoking 60-70 lbs of pork.

I also grabbed a few live trees from around the cabin for transplant at home. Some birch and a couple different pines. Hopefully they will survive the transplant to our new yard area at home.

I noticed that the blueberry plants are in full bloom, the plants look good.

We have a pair of geese with babies living out in the cabin yard, also spotted a rabbit munching grass in the yard as I loaded the BBQ grill off the cabin porch. Saw 4 deer on my quick trip to the forest too.

It sure is nice out there, we should be out there enjoying the forest before the bugs go mental on us and make it non fun.

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I am a little late to the post-fishing opener party...

I was not smart enough to stay in the cabin. The rest of our opener crew also scraped the frost off their locators and boat seats as well.

I have to say Saturday was the most miserable day I have ever spent in a boat. It was 26 degrees both Saturday and Sunday mornings and Saturday's wind was flat brutal.

I have fished the same lake on opener since 1962 and this was the first year I have not caught a walleye. It was a crawler bite this year and I was pitching a jig and shiner on purpose.

The lake has a pretty good snot rocket population and I love fishing for them. They were even a bit tentative but still were eager to munch shiners. As a result, my daughter and I went through 3 dozen shiners opening morning catching a LOT of pike.

The others caught walleyes and a ton of pike. Saturday night we invite our family members to the cabin for a fish fry. This has been a tradition for decades and we had more than enough fillets to feed everyone.

It was a great opener despite the wind and cold.....

Dave, the blueberries were in full bloom when we got hit by the frost three nights in a row. Needless to say, the white blossoms turned brown in a hurry. It is going to be a slim crop this summer....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounds like a fun quick trip to the camp dave!

Mike, I've been in the boat enough on the miserable days to know I don't want to do it anymore. It makes it not fun, for me anyway.

Rain I can handle, but those conditions you guys were in were flat nasty. Good for you guys for sticking it out though.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks T!!

We have a bunch that loves to fish no matter what Mother Nature throws at us. We have fished in snowstorms, rain and the occasional sun.

Several of us have fished tournaments for years where you get used to staying out in whatever the conditions are. But Saturday had all of us questioning our sanity. We traditionally go out just before sunrise then come in for breakfast around nine or so, then go back out again. This year we were heading in at 8 with no stragglers!

Guides freezing up was the biggest problem. It took only a couple of casts before it was time to thaw things out. And you didn't want to leave the minnow dipper out of the bucket either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be getting the boat wet for the first time this Sunday. Going out early on Prior, and getting off before all the idiots show up. Next Friday I'll start exploring some of the smaller, non descript lakes nearby. I always end up on Prior or Spring, but it's time to see what else is out there.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Went fishing at Ottertail last weekend. Sat was too miserable to fish much but Sunday afternoon we got limits of 1.5# to 2.5# males in 8 feet of water on jigs and shiners near the SW end of lake. Not much wind in the aft and very nice fishing in hooded jackets. Two years ago caught limits off dock in river on north side in the evenings but nothing there this year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, it sounded like the hearty souls that endured the cold last weekend got their fish. I just wasn't going out in that cold weather.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, the boat's all set to go, I went to the bait shop. Got some water freezing in the freezer. Thermos is next to the coffee maker ready to go. The guys at Prior Lake Bait and Tackle say the bite is on big time. Crappies are laid up on the shallow wood for the spawn. Walleyes are biting good. Can't wait to hit the water. Good Lord willing, I'll be on the water by 4 a.m. Hopefully, good reports to come.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Three small bass and about a half dozen crappies. First time on the water this season. Trailer lights, as usual, are a mystery. Both turn signals worked, neither running light on the tail lights did. Motor started right up, but seems to have no top end, which it did sporadically last year. I don't know if I've got a bad gas line and it's starving for gas at high throttle, or a weak coil???? Any ideas guys?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Change your sprark plug first.

Trailer light could have their own college program and nobody would still be able to figure them out! Damn things! Lol

Page 1,586 of 1,842 1 2 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (160user, 219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,182
Posts18,465,649
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.