Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I am left handed too, but specifically picked the B and C model shown. have a on/off switch, can pull the hammer back on kind of a half cock position, and while you can carry with hammer back and safety on, i don't and thus don't really use the safety.
the holster is what the B model resides in. It is a U.S. leather cathey enterprises left hand holster designed for the beretta 92 military. The only problem is the brigadeer is too fat to fit in it. It will accept the taurus clones of the 92, and works just right with the cz. the C model i took the grips off and put on some rubber ones. magazines for both will equally work in either gun, and you can put the larger mag in the c model. neither one have a decocker which i didnt care about. there is also a "police" version. mags drop out of these too. they do have that black paint job they are so fond of. [Linked Image]

Last edited by RoninPhx; 05/25/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I would really like to try one of the SA only models of the CZ. I realize that might cut down on some of the utility of the pistol, but I am mostly interested in shooting it that way anyhow.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I would really like to try one of the SA only models of the CZ. I realize that might cut down on some of the utility of the pistol, but I am mostly interested in shooting it that way anyhow.
Most I have found really need some additional tuning of the trigger to make it a good and proper single action. But once that is done, it's really great.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I couldn't stand it anymore. There has been a CZ75B at my buddy's shop for a couple weeks and it followed me home today.

I ran 15 rounds through it at about 15 yards on an 8 inch steel plate and it was a pure pleasure to shoot. I threw one off the plate because I was trying to push myself, but 14 out of 15 was good.

It is looking like a keeper so far.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I ended up taking that C model down to a czcrank in mesa, he is on the cz forum and does custom work on them. the question i had was replacing the mail recoil spring. it had a large spring with a small spring inside. He had never seen that before. I ended up buying another spring for both guns, but they are just spares.
I believe you can get 18 or 20round mags for them too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The CZ 75 Sp01 has the ambi safety. If you are not familiar with CZCustoms or Cajun Gun works, they both have trigger tuning services or parts to make them any way you want.

NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Most I have found really need some additional tuning of the trigger to make it a good and proper single action. But once that is done, it's really great.
Is it possible to take away that spongy take-up after the reset?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I can't speak to any of the others but I once owned an FEG , it went away.

Mike

Just for the record - why?

Since FN is the original maker, that would be my first choice.

1. Changing magazines changed the trigger , it might have an acceptable trigger with one magazine and a terrible trigger with the next magazine.

2. Some factory ammo was too long to work in the factory magazine.

3. I despise a magazine disconnect safety on a handgun.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mike

1. Changing magazines changed the trigger , it might have an acceptable trigger with one magazine and a terrible trigger with the next magazine.

Mike

Oh - so most of it wasn't a problem with that gun in particular....just normal HiPower stuff that goes away with the removal of the disconnect. I haven't ever seen any factory ammo that wouldn't fit my HiPower mags. What ammo was that? What brand of mags?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mike

Mike

Oh - so most of it wasn't a problem with that gun in particular....just normal HiPower stuff that goes away with the removal of the disconnect. I haven't ever seen any factory ammo that wouldn't fit my HiPower mags. What ammo was that? What brand of mags?

I don't remember the ammo , the magazine was the one that came with the gun.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 37 invisible), 1,982 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,065
Posts18,463,483
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.