-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Washington must be feeling guilty, with their propaganda ministry attacking those that oppose them in thought or deed.
link to story
LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS and the watchdog groups that track the self-styled “patriot” groups call them anti-government extremists, militias, armed militants or even domestic terrorists. Some opponents of the largely white and rural groups have made fun by calling them “Y’all Qaeda” or “Vanilla ISIS.”

Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors extremism, said there were about 150 such groups in 2008 and about 1,000 now. Potok and other analysts, including law enforcement officials who track the groups, said their supporters number in the hundreds of thousands, counting people who signal their support in more passive ways, such as following the groups on social media. The Facebook page of the Oath Keepers, a group of former members of police forces and the military, for example, has more than 525,000 “likes.”

President Obama’s progressive policies and the tough economic times have inflamed anti-government anger, the same vein of rage into which Donald Trump has tapped during his Republican presidential campaign, said Potok and Mark Pitcavage, who works with the Anti-Defamation League and has monitored extremism for 20 years.

Much of the movement traces its roots to the deadly 1990s confrontations between civilians and federal agents at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, and in Waco, Tex., that resulted in the deaths of as many as 90. Timothy Mc­Veigh cited both events before he was executed for the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that killed 168 people, and said he had deliberately chosen a building housing federal government agencies.

Now a “Second Wave” is spreading across the country, especially in the West, fueled by the Internet and social media. J.J. MacNab, an author and George Washington University researcher who specializes in extremism, said social media has allowed individuals or small groups such as Soper’s to become far more influential than in the 1990s, when the groups would spread their message through meetings at local diners and via faxes.

just part of the article. Any time they drag out the Southern Poverty Law Center as an expert source of info, it blows all the paper's credibility to hell.

Sam......

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When I worked at a gun range for a while, someone put a poster on the bulletin board. It's contents seemed harmless enough, just some basic organization and training. One of my co-workers was thinking it sounded like a good deal. I said no thanks, if you want to be on someone's watch list, go right ahead.

I wouldn't be surprised if .whoever attends tee party (not a mis-spell) or an other conservative type functions these days, or for the last 8 years. It's all about Intel gathering. .whoever has to have an enemy to justify their job and expand their budget.

Yeah I am cautious, paranoid no. Just watch the news or read it. These days it is so easy to gather evidence and build a case on someone or something, it's rediculious.

Anytime there is shooting, if it's a white guy they got more history on him in short order than ever. Now if it's a person of color the media wants to sweep it under the rug.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
its an example of liberal democRATS....

they screw the public over and then expect the public just to take it and do nothing but keep their anger to themselves....

then when the public is tired of it, and starts to gather forces of resistance, the liberal left wants to call those people terrorists and act like they are the ones that are breaking the law...

Militias etc are the public's resistance against a corrupt and lawless actions by governmental employees and bureaucrats....

If they don't want militias to exist, then they should quit pissing on our country, our citizens, and our way of life.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It never ceases to amaze me how many preppers or self reliance
minded individuals constantly show their guns, supplies and families to the news media.

No OP Sec or Grey man practices whatsoever. STERILE is the word !!!

... and the comments on WaPo. Co-Exsist my arse.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There is no steady problem with militias. It is stupid to waste time and effort on a non existent problem. Pound the hell out of inner city drug gangs. That should reduce crime a good bit.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just being on a gun site has your name on a watch list.
When the feds come for your guns it will be robots, at your door. The drone will already have x-rayed your place and know where everyone is and where all weapons are. So blaze away.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I refuse to be paranoid about my country...but Ruby Ridge and Waco make it impossible to trust those who govern it.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Washington must be feeling guilty, with their propaganda ministry attacking those that oppose them in thought or deed.
link to story
[quote]LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS and the watchdog groups that track the self-styled “patriot” groups call them anti-government extremists, militias, armed militants or even domestic terrorists. Some opponents of the largely white and rural groups have made fun by calling them “Y’all Qaeda” or “Vanilla ISIS.”

Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center,

"Sanhedrin Pharisee Lie Center". I quit reading at this point.

Don't Talk To The Enemy. The news media is, and always will be, The Enemy. I wish folks would pistol-whip those SOB's the second they identify themselves as 'reporters'.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

618 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,054 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,948
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.