Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Good luck Sam. Its been kind of a tough spring up here. Wet snow and heavy rain. I guess we are making up for such a nice March when we start calving.

Watch out for white tails. Get them to survive the storm and scours kills them!

Thank god for out the gate grass.

I am MAGA.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
They had a few pictures of golfball size hail in Billings MT Friday, messed up a bunch of cars and roofs.

The hired man got back Thursday from visiting his girlfriend in Billings, guess he made it out just in time!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I only run 20 pair but my folks have about 300 and keep 75-80 head of replacements.

Just dad and I, between farming and the cows we stay fairly busy.....grin

Gonna go road a couple tractors home here in a minute. Sunday morning is the perfect time for moving down the highway.

don't forget your wife and mother WITHOUT them you 2 boys would not get the work done ,, WHAT'S FOR SUPPER HONEY . have you got my lunch packed oh and i need you to pick me up at the south range at 3oc and don't forget the kids appointments annnnnnnndddddd

grin

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
They had a few pictures of golfball size hail in Billings MT Friday, messed up a bunch of cars and roofs.

Yeh, my daughter's 2014 Camaro gut pretty well beat up and the windshield busted.

I picked up stones that were two inches across. Neighbors just west of us had a window broken in their house.

Last edited by Bigbuck215; 05/22/16.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Sam, about 10 years ago at our ranch we had a huge hail storm that killed 21 head of our cows. City folk don't realize the danger of hail to livestock.
and just how big was this hail ? There is this thing called lighting that comes with most hail storms

Softball size

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert
We took our yearlings up to the mesa yesterday and today (~8000 + elevation) Grass about 5" tall - maybe we'll miss snow - We'll see how many lightning gets this year

Had a pair hit the ground from a strike last weekend. Lucky it hit the tree and not them and it didn't appear to be very strong. They got up and dazed around for 10 minutes or so smelling the ground.

Its been a week, so far that we can tell, they are fine and only a squirrel died.

Also lucky we've never lost anything to hail but there is always a first. We are GENERALLY a bit to far SE to get much in the way of hail but you never know.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by m_s_s
We are at about 4600 ft at the Lakeview, OR ranch and about 5500 at the Fandango ranch. Have corrals at both ranches Sam but getting the trucks to them can be tough when the weather turns to chit lol. Have the Lakeview ranch filled ( 300 pair) so only have to worry about getting trucks into one. Then I get to play cowboy for the rest of the summer, roping and doctoring sicks. Life is good lol. Hope to see your country some day before I cash in, lol love to see cows eating grass. Take care Sam. Ed

Ed
Didn't realize you were in the Lakeview area. I am out in Lake county a couple times a year working for a client/friend. Bought my truck from a guy with a private lot there in Lakeview a couple years ago when I came through town after working cattle up by Fort Rock.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tarkio, I live about 35 miles south of Lakeview , south end of Goose Lake.
Ed

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Talked to my buddy on Monday and they had 60-70 mph wind and heavy rain but luckily no hail.

Got the last semi load out yesterday morning, now just 50-60 pair to some little pastures close to home. Got a good count and there are about 20 more calves than we thought, life is indeed good...
(rain/shipping prevented us from preg testing last Fall so we were a little nervous...)

Jim, grass out the gate would make life much easier!
(guess I need to keep buying powerball tickets....)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 19rabbit52, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.