Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Don't overlook this nugget.

"Between all 20 of us parents, we spent more than $25,000 on prom..."

WTF.?

Yeah...and don't forget the only thing out there is from THOSE parents...this being their "worst nightmare" and all.

There it is. I have learned "that Admin hates my kid" is almost always pure BS, especially from doting parents. That clique of girls most likely has a history at that school.

But, if ya ain't gonna believe the breathalyzer, why use it at all? Blow a zero and you're off the hook, or should be.

The bus should have been searched as a matter of routine policy before it left the school grounds.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A whole lot to do about nothing!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Don't overlook this nugget.

"Between all 20 of us parents, we spent more than $25,000 on prom..."

WTF.?

Yeah...and don't forget the only thing out there is from THOSE parents...this being their "worst nightmare" and all.

There it is. I have learned "that Admin hates my kid" is almost always pure BS, especially from doting parents. That clique of girls most likely has a history at that school.

But, if ya ain't gonna believe the breathalyzer, why use it at all? Blow a zero and you're off the hook, or should be.

The bus should have been searched as a matter of routine policy before it left the school grounds.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

Well, what a surprise that the school .gov shill finds it to be all the kids' fault - for doing nothing wrong - and justifies the whole damned thing; even one ups the BS by calling for a pre-emotive, no-grounds search of a privately chartered bus.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Well, what a surprise that the school .gov shill finds it to be all the kids' fault - for doing nothing wrong

Ya, that's me alright, public school schill grin

The bus was hired to haul students to a school event, ergo is equivalent to a school bus, and at something like the prom would be routinely searched, same as a yellow dog. If they didn't have that in place as a matter of policy, its pretty much a given that alcohol would be consumed on a bunch of those buses.

IIRC ANY vehicle on school grounds is subject to search, always, they run the drug and gun dogs by mine and every other vehicle on campus regularly.

Is it very likely that particular clique of girls had a prior history? Yep, I'd bet the farm.

But.... when the breathalyzer came back zero, they should have let 'em walk.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, what a surprise that the school .gov shill finds it to be all the kids' fault - for doing nothing wrong

The bus was hired to haul students to a school event, ergo is equivalent to a school bus, and at something like the prom would be routinely searched, same as a yellow dog. If they didn't have that in place as a matter of policy, its pretty much a given that alcohol would be consumed on a bunch of those buses.

IIRC ANY vehicle on school grounds is subject to search, always, they run the drug and gun dogs by mine and every other vehicle on campus regularly.

Is it very likely that particular clique of girls had a prior history? Yep, I'd bet the farm.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

Still blaming on the kids. How convenient....

Too bad they weren't black or Mexican; you'd be up in arms to defend them.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Really? Where did I blame the kids? Point of fact I'm surprised they don't have EVERYONE blow when they enter the prom if they are gonna have anyone at all blow on just anonymous tips.

But yeah, I'd bet money those girls got a history.

And backing up a little; excluding the parent IF these kids were still minors and IF the parent really was excluded seems unconscionable, and really stupid on the school's part if that really happened.

Yo Sherlock, 80% of the kids at my public school are Hispanic of Mexican ancestry, gotta be at LEAST that percentage among those that get walked out in cuffs during the school day.

Birdwatcher

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I remember Prom night.Over 45 years ago and I still remember my wood shop teacher pulling me aside and asking me"where is it".I didnt tell but he watched me close all night.

Last edited by jdm953; 05/22/16. Reason: add

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The whole thing is just a show of power. Gotta rattle the citizens once in a while.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
What is shocking is how quickly they lie down.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 4ager

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

You seem to have conveniently deleted the part where Birdy said the girls should have been allowed to walk.
Don't be editing the reply at will smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I will say one of the hardest tightropes to walk is not profiling a kid based upon past behavior, which may have happened here.

This is tough because their past behavior is the best indication of how they will act in any given situation.

Not unusual for a notorious kid either to ACT like they have committed some transgression just to yank your chain, so that they can scream persecution afterwards.

Not sure what the situation was here, but sounds like these kids have had run-ins before, else there would be no history of that Admin "being out to get their kids" as the parents describe.

But.... once again.... if ya ain't gonna believe the breathalyzer why use it at all?

Hard to understand too they would test solely on the basis of anonymous reports. That sounds like an absolute set-up for complaints and legal action.

I'd need to hear both sides.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I will say one of the hardest tightropes to walk is not profiling a kid based upon past behavior, which may have happened here.

This is tough because their past behavior is the best indication of how they will act in any given situation.

Not unusual for a notorious kid either to ACT like they have committed some transgression just to yank your chain, so that they can scream persecution afterwards.

Not sure what the situation was here, but sounds like these kids have had run-ins before, else there would be no history of that Admin "being out to get their kids" as the parents describe.

But.... once again.... if ya ain't gonna believe the breathalyzer why use it at all?

Hard to understand too they would test solely on the basis of anonymous reports. That sounds like an absolute set-up for complaints and legal action.

I'd need to hear both sides.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Absolutely spot on!!

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You did get both sides... school admits they got zeros on the breathalizers and kept on after the fact and detained the students. If the school actually had a case they would have lawyered up and been real quiet.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

Nonsense. The vehicle was hired by the parents, not the school, and is the same as a limousine or taxi. Do you think they can search every cab that drops off a kid at school? When asked to bring the bus back for a search, the driver should have called his boss, who then should have told them to suck it.

Everybody going in should have been tested, or nobody, just like the DUI checkpoints. Putting your children in a school doesn't mean surrendering your rights. If a child showed signs of intoxication, then the parents should have been called to supervise the process.

This is all about some dirty little snitch getting payback for some slight. The school, by falling for the hoax, became complicit. Seems like strange behavior from the folks that are always so concerned with protecting kids from bullying and other attacks.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well this blows 10 points plus on the BS meter.

This administrator would be out on the street, if I was on the school board.

Just some more examples of self appointed self righteous bimbo abusing the power her job gives her... Like to see how well she'd be floundering having to hold a job in the real world, instead of the world of academia.

If she's fired, she'll probably be hired for a higher paying job at some leftist NeoNazi liberal college somewhere.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If the school actually had a case they would have lawyered up and been real quiet.

I would think just the opposite.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The vehicle was hired by the parents, not the school, and is the same as a limousine or taxi. Do you think they can search every cab that drops off a kid at school? When asked to bring the bus back for a search, the driver should have called his boss, who then should have told them to suck it.

Sounds like one of them gray areas, they have the right to search a student-operated vehicle PARKED on school property on "reasonable suspicion" which is a lot less stringent on school property. I would imagine they have the right to search any vehicle, including a cab, where consent of the operator is given, as in this case.

I would expect in that small town the charter bus company does quite a lot of business with the school and so was inclined to cooperate. Their choice.

This is all about some dirty little snitch getting payback for some slight.

I've been in this environment for thirty years, and I can't say that's what happened. I feel like we ain't getting the whole story.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just some more examples of self appointed self righteous bimbo abusing the power her job gives her... Like to see how well she'd be floundering having to hold a job in the real world, instead of the world of academia.

If she's fired, she'll probably be hired for a higher paying job at some leftist NeoNazi liberal college somewhere.

My impression has been that most of those in actual academia would get eaten alive in the front-line trenches of a typical public school.

Turns out there's 1,300 students in that high school, presumably the Admin in questions has been there for some time. I'd want feedback from the other 1,294 students and their parents before I'd throw that lady under a bus.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My impression has been that most of those in actual academia would get eaten alive in the front-line trenches of a typical public school.

Turns out there's 1,300 students in that high school, presumably the Admin in questions has been there for some time. I'd want feedback from the other 1,294 students and their parents before I'd throw that lady under a bus.

JMHO,

Birdwatcher

Yet again, it's the KIDS' fault for doing NOTHING WRONG.

Any further questions as to what is FUBAR with the public school system?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the school actually had a case they would have lawyered up and been real quiet.

I would think just the opposite.

A lawyer would be telling them to STFU. I suspect they are playing damage control hoping not to bring in lawyers... but what do I know about Texas schools...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,816 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.