Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Enrique Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey guys,

Any thoughts on this new pointguard setup the game and fish has?
http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Got-bonus-points-Protect-them-with-PointGuard.shtml

I kinda like the idea incase I ever run up my bonus points up again and for some reason cant make the hunt. Almost like insurance for your bonus points.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Enrique
Hey guys,

Any thoughts on this new pointguard setup the game and fish has?
http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Got-bonus-points-Protect-them-with-PointGuard.shtml

I kinda like the idea incase I ever run up my bonus points up again and for some reason cant make the hunt. Almost like insurance for your bonus points.

Kique
Almost like a way to increase the rate of point creep...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Couple years ago G&F brought this up and a few of us that can do math pointed out the problems and they shelved it.

But now that they decided to do this I'm done fighting for common sense and will use the 'new' draw system to pull more premium tags.

Or make money applying my Bonus points to someone that wants to leap frog other applicants. The application/guide services are salivating over the possibilities this brings.

Better start building your proxy BP holders or you will be way behind on tag drawings.

There will be a bunch of good tags given back with no clear way of distribution. Next in line probably already drew a lesser hunt on lower choices, plenty of folks will be pissed when their desired tag comes available that they applied for and they can't get it.

There are unlimited ways this will come into play, and all legal. Besides selling, family and friends will be the biggest thing.

Example.

I have 12 bps for elk, my granddaughter is 4, she can hunt elk when she is 10. If I wait for her to turn 10 I will have 18 bps and she will have 1 for hunters ed, that's 19 and an average of 10 rounding up. With 10 bps we can pull a unit 23 rifle bull tag where killing a 300 bull isn't to hard. We draw in the 20% pass, I give back my tag and receive 18 + 1 points for 19 next year... remember I give a tag back someone else wanted and my granddaughter drew a tag she would have almost no chance otherwise. Two other folks are out of luck. And I don't have to give mine back till the day before the hunt.

Next year I can do it again and we both hunt tags or I draw a great hunt with 19 bps.

Imagine being 10 and 11 killing two bulls bigger than most adult males dream about.

But coues hunts is where I'll clean house. My wife doesn't like to deer hunt, she's an elk hunter. Many dec coues hunts take 5 or 6 bps to guarantee a tag, I have 2 permanent. She has a couple of bps, I only need to build her up to 6 and if I didn't draw the year before and have 3, that's 9 averaged to 5, next year she has 7 and I have 2, averaged 5 again. Plus I have 4 now so I will draw before. Adding my numbers now. In the next 5 years I will draw 3 dec coues tags.

And if I keep applying my 85 year old dad for BPs only and add a few other relatives... well you can see the possibilities.

How pissed are folk going to be with dec coues tags being given back consistently.

Kent

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Easily fixed by making it valid for single applicants only, no party apps, and giving the returned tag to the next in line.

Last edited by WapitiBob; 06/06/16.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
842 members (12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 79 invisible), 3,242 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.