Campfire Regular
A
I bagged a very nice Roebuck 3 weeks ago :

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Andre
--------------------------------------
3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.
BP-B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
so I noticed that was shoot in Belgium ...nice trophy .
congratulation ...

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

....trophies from this month....May 2016

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Three of those are mine, I'm not going to do a full review now but if you ever wanted to hunt Roe deer you would be CRAZY not to book this offer. Horia and crew exceeded my every expectation and there is no hidden cost, Horia has laid it ALL out at the top of the page.

I was treated like family and felt completely comfortable the whole time, Horia's assistance along the way is invaluable.

I will post a full review soon with more photos.

I really can't say enough good things about my new friends in Romania.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Congratulations and great animals.

I'm going in two weeks and can't wait!

Hope to have similar success.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Calaveras, have a great trip. It's a great area with top notch guys and a lot of quality animals! Wish I was going back with you

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I just returned from another great trip with Horia hunting in Romania. Once again he did an outstanding job and provided a great experience. There are plenty of Roe deer and some very nice trophies still in the field.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
smile
You are kind like always smile

Thank you ....it was my pleasure also

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Caleveras,

Congrats looks like you did indeed have great success. Horia and crew really deliver!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a question: Are the deer hard antlered this early in the spring/summer?

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 1minute
Just a question: Are the deer hard antlered this early in the spring/summer?

YES ! Starting with april - mai...

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Looks like some interesting hunts.

For those who have hunted with this outfitter -- how difficult was it to travel with your firearms? Any hassles at the airport, etc? Would it be feasible to store your rifle and hunting gear with him while touring the countryside for a few days' time?

In what part of the country is he located?

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Troubleshooter,

I have hunted with Horia twice and though I have used his rifles, he has explained the process for bringing rifles to and from Romania.

Romania in general is very hunter friendly, and I would not hesitate to have Horia handle all the paperwork for you.

One of the gun laws in Romania is to store weapons in a safe so I would also feel confident leaving firearms while you traveled.

Feel free to PM with any additional questions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I took my firearm, the extra baggage charge was $200.00. And while I didn't have any problems you have to make sure all your t's are crossed and i's dotted. The hassle is in extra time both domestic and abroad.

Now Horia stayed with us on our way out until we cleared security which is invaluable.

I would suggest using one of their firearms.

Horia can also arrange some really nice sighting seeing as well. He is extremely knowledgeable and will serve as your interpreter while there.

I will be back for sure, I absolutely loved it.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Looks like some interesting hunts.

For those who have hunted with this outfitter -- how difficult was it to travel with your firearms? Any hassles at the airport, etc? Would it be feasible to store your rifle and hunting gear with him while touring the countryside for a few days' time?

In what part of the country is he located?

There is no difficulty to bring you own gun ! You just need an invite from my side . The formalities in the airport will take only 5 min .
If you want to travel ....is not a problem to have the gun with you but will be something extra to take care of.

If I can help you with anyother information don't hesitate to ask .

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by southwind
I took my firearm, the extra baggage charge was $200.00. And while I didn't have any problems you have to make sure all your t's are crossed and i's dotted. The hassle is in extra time both domestic and abroad.

Now Horia stayed with us on our way out until we cleared security which is invaluable.

I would suggest using one of their firearms.

Horia can also arrange some really nice sighting seeing as well. He is extremely knowledgeable and will serve as your interpreter while there.

I will be back for sure, I absolutely loved it.

Glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable hunt. I appreciate your advice, but would prefer to hunt with my own rifle, with which I am familiar. I understand the US Customs forms which need to be completed prior to departing the US, but what sort of documentation is required on the other side? My concern is both the Romanian forms as well as documents required by other European countries through which the flights might transit.

What are you allowed to keep as trophies? Presume the skull or head mount, and heart/kidney. Are you allowed to keep the hide or meat? Understand that I wouldn't be able to import the meat, but some roe deer steaks might be nice after the hunt.

And again, in what area of the country is his operation located?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I enjoyed having my pre 64 model 70 and wouldn't change that. I may in future hunts use one of theirs but I certainly understand wanting to use your own.

skull and anters you can bring back directly with you. You can have cape sent over as well separately. The meat you will enjoy while you are there and the rest will go to very good use in area villages and new friends you make.

They have a large hunt area which encompasses both cultivated areas as well as forest located in the Carpathian mountains.

Rest assured Horia does everything he can to accommodate you and make your trip enjoyably unforgettable.

Honestly my advice to you is to take the leap on this and don't look back you will be very happy you did.

Last edited by southwind; 08/01/16.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
for Troubleshooter :))

There is no problem to come in Romania with your rifle ....you need an invite from my side a documents that confirm that that gun is yours .
Usually you will have your gun to the final destination so you do not have to worry about the country that you will tranzit .
In Romania to enter with your gun in the country you will need just few minutes if you have all in order .
For any other detail you can contact my by whatsapp / viber / facebook messenger ....or mobile ...
Romania is a very nice and safe destination ....and a paradise for hunting .
We have here about 75000 acres from plain to mountain ....from hares to brown bear an chamois ...

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Fellow hunters
From October we will start to schedule the next roe buck season and it is a pleasure for me to invite you again to visit our beautiful country. We can also combine this hunt with sightseeing , a Danube Delta visit and fishing ( if it is allowed according to the fishing season ). For those that want to have unforgettable trip in the wilderness or Carpatians and Danube Delta , Romania remains one of the only untouched places in Europe.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
The offer is available for 2017 also !!!

We can combine this hunt with other species like wild boar / foxes / jackals

For the hunters that want to come with wifes or girlfriends we can make a tailored made program that include sightseeing of Romania ....very interesting !!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
85 members (338reddog, 308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.