Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Set an empty chair, and keep a full heart.

BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm sorry you have to give tribute to your son Dave, I wish things could be different. Praise be to the Warriors who have gone. RIP Chad.

Your anger with the VA is not misplaced, this schit has got to stop.

Stand strong Dave.

^^^^^^^^
THIS...+1

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave, Chad's life was cut short but his memory lives on with family and friends..As you know our hookup was short but most enjoyable that afternoon as we talked guns,hunting and our military experiences.It Was quite apparent after only a few minutes Mom and Dad had done a superb job raising a fine young man...

As we said our goodbyes he squeezed my hand and paid me the best compliment any old sarge could ask for..I'll never forget that.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God bless you Dave, while he wraps your son in his loving embrace.

gone will never be a synonym for forgotten

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave, my heart just breaks for you and your family. I have never really fully recovered from losing my dad. I can't fathom what it would be like to lose my son. My prayers go out to you sir. Rest assured that he has gone on to a far better place, and you will hunt together some day when God decides he need you worse also.

Hang tough, sir.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Your son is in God's hands. My prayers continue for you and your family.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dave,

there are no words to begin to express what I feel for your family, your loss, mixed in with the deepest respect for your son and his service.

This entire crap with the VA Nationwide.. seems to have happened with the Afro President in office, but then what have our Republican ran Senate and Congress done about it...

That is a damned shame.....

yet on the flip side, we have a friend who was from Massachusetts, that is disabled Army, and lived out here for quite a while... when her dad got sick, she went back home to Massachusetts....

She went round and round with the VA out here for 8 years to get her benefits, 250 mile trips to Portland ( one way), and lord knows how many 200 mile trips up to the Roseburg VA in Roseburg OR...

When she returned home to New England, she went down and saw a VA REP there, to pick up the claim process again.. what she couldn't get done in Oregon in 8 years, she got taken care of in 72 hours in Massachusetts... plus the woman at the VA got her ALL the back pay, from when she first filed her claim... it added well over $100K.

It just amazes me that this can take place at one VA facility in ONE state an then so many others are Red Tape Bureaucratic Hell in others.

Your son's widow deserves ALOT more than what she's experiencing.. and your Son...may God Bless him, and I pray he's in a place where he will only know peace for the rest of eternity.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

+1,000

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can't imagine the pain this has caused your family but you will remain in our prayers.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
God bless ya'll, Dave. Sorry to hear of the VA obstacles. It seems to be a broken system with broken leadership.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm sorry you have to give tribute to your son Dave, I wish things could be different. Praise be to the Warriors who have gone. RIP Chad.

Your anger with the VA is not misplaced, this schit has got to stop.

Stand strong Dave.

+ all this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
God bless you Dave, while he wraps your son in his loving embrace.

I can't say it better than this Dave. I sure enjoyed corresponding with Chad over the years. He is not forgotten...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Dave,

To this day, I still find it hard to breathe. I still think of him so often, I can't even bring myself to remove his number from my phone.

In respect to the VA Claim, I am greatly saddened I couldn't do more to help her with that. I really am.I called everyone I could find, spoke to them all. I honestly feel like I let you both down.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Negative Ryan!!! You did all you could do. I did all he would allow me to do. You're his best friend. Grief is the strongest of all emotions and it will cause us to feel guilt when there is no reason for it!

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 05/26/16.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rye77
Dave,

To this day, I still find it hard to breathe. I still think of him so often, I can't even bring myself to remove his number from my phone.

In respect to the VA Claim, I am greatly saddened I couldn't do more to help her with that. I really am.I called everyone I could find, spoke to them all. I honestly feel like I let you both down.

We tend to be a result oriented society

And somehow we tend to lose the value of try

Recently on this board there was a discussion on the fate of some brave souls left abandoned to a horrible fate in Benghazi

Folks with knowledge of such matters debated whether those men could have been saved by deploying various resources to their aid.

All I know is nada happens for the good if we don't try

Many a child hold fond memories of a dad or mom that busted hump their entire lives by trying to provide a better life for their children only to never have the financial success they sought

I'd ask is their love less than the child for their parent than the child that was raised in privilege & comfort of the well to do of their parent?

Not ime

Can we make the grief of a parent go away when they've lost a son or daughter? No sadly we cannot, but we can comfort them somewhat by our clumsy expressions of condolences, preparing a delivered meal to them and our shared tears that they are not alone or forgotten in this moment of the greatest despair human existence has to offer.

In athletic competitions those that live in our memories are those great contests where both teams try desperately to win Only one will be victorious but how is their contest remembered if not for both of them trying with all their might and will to overcome the other? Blowouts and slaughters don't live in our memories as fondly as those contests that take us to the wire with hope & expectation.

You may have not won the battle to secure benefits for the survivor of your warrior friend Rye77 against a faceless, nameless bureaucracy this time, but by god you tried!

And for that I salute you and will tell you unequivocally you've earned my respect & I wouldn't know you if you walked up on my porch this very minute.

Outcomes are only guaranteed in one instance. If we don't try we are certain to fail.

May God bless those that try in this world. Their success in trying is never a gurarantee, but the love and respect of those they try for is.

From the bottom of mine & many others hearts here that value the sacrifices and efforts of those that try & keep our country safe through their service to our country, we deeply thank your for your efforts to secure the benefits due to this fallen warrior for his family.

God bless you son & thank you

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 05/27/16.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SALUTE, may he rest in peace with out Lord & Savior.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well done as a tribute!

And keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I am truly sorry for your loss. There's nothing like losing a child.

Retired cat herder.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Chad bore the burden of others in so many ways. He did not realize the impact he made on so many and what a truly fine man he was in spite of his demons.

Last edited by GrizzlyBear; 05/27/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I had the honor to have met Chad. From all I know he was an honorable man and a wonderful Son. I have no idea what you are going through but I know there has to be a lot of pain as well as missing him to an extent I pray I never know. I pray for you and your family. Chad is at peace now. RIP Chad.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 73 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,163
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.