24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Second one this year. He was crossing the gravel road in front of our house. Range was around 25yds, the little "H" 30-30 did its job well :):):) This is my favorite of all the rifles I have owned. It makes the Win 94 carbine feel like a club.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those damn things are one of many reasons I don't miss living in Florida.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The only good rattler is a dead rattler. Good job, John.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't have them around here, but sure saw plenty of them around Colorado Springs while doing field exercises. Good shooting!

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
They say we have some in Western MD, as long as they stay there I'm happy, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sure saw plenty of them around Colorado Springs while doing field exercises

During both my tours at Ft Carson, just a few miles south of Colorado Springs, every time we'd go down range we'd have a few damn fools that would go off hunting them whenever they'd get a chance. Up until one of them got bit during my second tour. That kind of soured them on the snake hunting. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice shot. He can't bite you without any teeth! smile

God is pursuing you America ---turn around!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ah, ya haven't lived until you've had one of those bs!€#ds take a strike at you. Nice shot.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Around here it's best to go armed all the time. Even though you know they are around, it always surprises you when you see one !! As wet as it has been this year, I'll probably get surprised several more times !!! At my age, a shot like that is half luck :):):):) (but I did get new glasses last month !!)

Will be sure to post the next one we Savages take down.

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Last spring I was cleaning up all the scraps left over from my firewood. I'd make one pass down and back with the mower, then fill the deck up with bark, splinters, and a bunch of White Pine I was burning on the brush pile. I Picked up one piece of Pine and the prettiest Black Widow Spider was on the bottom. I thought the red diamond was on the belly. Turns out there is something like 50 or 80 species of Black Widows. Mine had three bright orange diamonds on the back. When I googled Black Widow the picture that came up was the one I had. I didn't bother with the gun, just through it on the fire and watched it crinkle. That little bugger gave me the heebie jeebbies, all day I was watching where I sat, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome job John!!!

I showed the pics to Rachel and she said that you will have to comb over the ranch real well before we show up in Nov. She is terrified of rattlers. Lol.

I shot that 1899H. If there is ever a way that you need to give that gun another zip code, let me know. Lets say, in 20 years.

Or move to Michigan and do the same. Nice plots of land here for sale. Just need to get you a decent set of mittens for the winter. smile

Lots of trout streams to catch dinner from.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Good shooting John. You and the 99 are a class act.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (10gaugemag, 11point, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.