24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
AAARRGGHH!!! I have been downsizing in terms of guns and generally worry more about function over form. But, for some reason, I just had to have a Lipsey’s Full Gray Gen 4 G19. It took me 3 months to get my hands on one. It’s my first Gen 4, and I find that the grip feels slimmer than my Gen 3 and the finger swells on the frame are less pronounced, which I prefer. I also think the trigger is better (a relative term with Glocks), possibly because the difference in grip allows me to place my finger differently on the trigger. I won’t be able to shoot it until the Loctite cures on the front sight.

The cool thing about the Lipsey’s is that it convinced Glock to use gray polymer for the frame, rather than Cerakoting the frame like some of the other distributors. That also means that the grip adapters are also gray polymer, unlike those for the Cerakoted guns I have seen. (I may offload those at some point and recover the price difference.) (Note that the slide of the Lipsey's full gray is Cerakoted. Lipsey's also makes a 2 tone with a gray polymer frame and standard black slide.)

Anyway, as far as Glocks go, this is what passes for bling, and, at least for now, I can pick my gun out of a pile of Glock 19’s in my AO.

Here are some pictures of the gun, the gun and holster, and the gray Gen 4 over the standard black Gen 3. Sorry about the poor quality pics, but I was in a rush to get to the woods.

Have a safe weekend!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
BP-B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Having worn Gray for more than 20 years while wearing a pistol, I approve of your new pistol, wholeheartedly. May it always shoot right where you are looking.

Enjoy,
CT

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the G19 in any/every color. My slides are black though. I really like your all gray version!

[Linked Image]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I debated getting the two tone, but cosmetics won out. I do suspect, though, that the standard Nitron slide will hold up better to wear than a Cerakoted one. Time will tell.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I finally got out to shoot the new gun. I actually shot it better than my Gen 3 Glock 19 with both 124 grain Gold Dots and my 115 grain handloads. Explanations that I considered include:

1. I improved noticeably in the last week. Highly unlikely.
2. The Full Gray color makes a difference in my shooting ability. I saw a video by an outfit named ‘flaveprecision.com that asserted that the color of a Glock makes a tremendous difference. Link to 'flaveprecison.com. Although I watched the video multiple times, I had concerns about the methodology, and the star of the video looked goofy. So, I scratched that off the list.
3. Difference in grip and finger placement. The gun does feel different in the hand than the Gen 3, and I think my finger is better positioned on the trigger.
4. I discovered that Tru Glo changed the design of its TFX sights since I put a set on the Gen 3 about 15 months ago. The newer version has more rounded outside edges. I found that it aided me in lining up the rear sight .
5. Trigger pull. Using my cheap Wheeler Trigger Pull scale is a lesson in variability, but the Gen 4 is consistently lighter than the Gen 3, to the tune of about a half pound. I am not sure how much of a difference that makes, because I also am used to pulling the really heavy Glock 43 trigger.
6. Luck and/or Karma. I’ll take them!

Anyway, YMMV.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CZ is doing the same thing with several of their pistols...it's not to my taste; don't really dig on the gray. Still CZ's P07 in "urban gray" comes with high sights and a threaded barrel, and the price is very good. So perhaps I could get used to gray afterall.

I like Glock's color of gray much better than CZ's.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sometimes I feel like you guys don't take me seriously.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I also just learned that the color makes cleaning a snap, because the color is the same as powder residue. Run a bore snake through the barrel and you're done!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It's a wonder what spray paint will do!

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave
Bob,

We always take you seriously

Josephus

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
When things pick up for me financially, I see a gray can of spray paint in my future.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave, they just don't recognize genius when they see it. smile

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Hey, I’m really sorry. I should have been more sensitive, especially with all those disclosures you were making back in March. Anyway, even if I did not buy the conclusion, that does not mean that I did not enjoy your work. I thought it was well written and directed. Hunter Thompson would be proud. I enjoyed the interaction with the director and/or camera man and/or best boy and/or gaffer and/or key grip who referred to you as “dad.” I think it would go over well on the “General Glocking” section of Glock Talk or even the Outdoor Channel. From my perspective though, I think you would be better served if you would have allowed me to send a letter of reference on your behalf to Lorne Michaels. The next season of Documentary Now! should be filming soon.

On the negative side, I thought the sound quality could have used some touch ups. It also is general knowledge that real deal SEALs (the best of the best) wear snorkels and flippers. Finally, I had a hard time seeing all the rain that spurred the project, and maybe a garden hose spray nozzle could have been added for FX. But, all in all, a nicely done piece!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
199 members (300jimmy, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 01Foreman400, 18 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.