Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The better half and thing #2 are headed to Denver for a Rockies game this weekend.

Would like some advice as to the best way to get to the stadium, where to park, etc. I believe they will be staying south of downtown.

If they stay for a second game on Sunday, they would probably drive north of downtown and try to park up there and make their way to the field. That way when the game is over they can head to their car and not have to drive through the game traffic and the mousetrap as the head north coming home.

Montana MOFO
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Parking is $12 bucks in the lots north of the stadium, if I recall. They have shuttle to bring you in or you can hoof it.
Go early and spend a little little time in LODO before you head in. Lots of good restaurants, bars and brewpubs down there. Not really much of a way to get away from post game traffic unless it is a blowout or you leave early.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Parking is $12 bucks in the lots north of the stadium, if I recall. They have shuttle to bring you in or you can hoof it.
Go early and spend a little little time in LODO before you head in. Lots of good restaurants, bars and brewpubs down there. Not really much of a way to get away from post game traffic unless it is a blowout or you leave early.

Point being, if they take rail or a shuttle from the park to a point north, they then can proceed on north without having to retrace their steps and drive through downtown again like they would if they parked south on Sunday when they will be driving north to get home afterwards.

Montana MOFO
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It simplest for me to park at a Park-n-ride and take the bus into and out of town.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's $20 to park in a lot right next to the stadium with a quick escape at the end. As Wycolo said, go early and have some fun in LODO.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blake Street Tavern is pretty good eats too

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If they're willing to walk a mile, park on Osage or Navajo just across I-25, if they have bikes, it's about 5 minutes of very safe riding and Coors Field has a place you can lock your bike up that is manned throughout the game.
Let me know if I can be of any help.
Jon
I'd also suggest the hot dog guy that is right across from The Keg, he's been there for years and runs a mean business, expect a line pre-game, Good dogs, good peanuts and usually a good story and always a smile.
Gray haired, balding, great guy, wish I could remember his name.

Keep Smiling
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
They are in Denver. The boy is stoked and hopes to go early to watch BP and see some guys up close.

I think their hotel is near the light rail and they are going to take that down to the stadium in the morning.

Any other suggestions?

Montana MOFO

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (7887mm08, Akhutr, Algotguns, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.