24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Have been struggling with allergies and eczema the last few years. Doing my best to deal with it and at the same time, enjoy life. Doc and several friends have recommended a celiac/gluten free diet. Been on that track for about a month and a half.

Here's tonight's best effort.

Sauteed Old Bay seasoned shrimp with extra virgin olive oil, garlic butter, cilantro and fresh ground black pepper
Organic quinoa with sauteed red and green bell pepper, onion, tomato, sesame oil and low sodium soy sauce
Tossed salad, no dressing: romaine, radishes, onion, red bell pepper, cucumber and artichoke hearts
Homemade cocktail sauce liberally oversprayed with Mr. Mannlicher's mango hot sauce

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The shrimp dish, salad and cocktail sauce condiment look wonderful, but I just can't get on the quinoa band wagon. It's like grits, only worse. grin wink

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, Greg. I'll always rib you about gluten free, but I understand why you are doing it. Thanks for the two six packs of beer you "unloaded" on me the other day. smile
If you run short of Mango Madness hot sauce, let me know. I'll bring down more later in June when I make another trip to see the wife.
Have you seen this video about gluten intolerance?

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're welcome, Sam. I've got about 1/3 of the Mango Madness left now. Been using more lately. Thanks.

Had not seen that video. That dude is TFF. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can help you with the gluten-free diet. My family, employees and I are experts. I've developed recipes for bread, pizza crusts, cakes etc. that will let you live without missing a thing that contains gluten.

cool cool cool

A good start is Betty Hagman's book, The Gluten-Free Gourmet

Last edited by rcamuglia; 05/28/16.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I can help you with the gluten-free diet. My family, employees and I are experts. I've developed recipes for bread, pizza crusts, cakes etc. that will let you live without missing a thing that contains gluten.

cool cool cool

A good start is Betty Hagman's book, The Gluten-Free Gourmet

I'll be all over that. My wife has a serious thyroid condition and going gluten free has helped her considerably. My daughter has issues that this has helped with as well. I'll definitely check this book out, and anything anyone else wants to throw out there.

Sorry OP, I didn't want to hijack your thread but anything to help out my girls I'm all about.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick, I would welcome and appreciate ANY AND ALL ASSISTANCE! It's all very new to me.

You can PM me, if you'd like.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 14 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,701
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.