Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I couldn't find it either, but remember from hard copy regs last fall about the 6" restriction. Maybe it has changed, or maybe I was delusional...in any case, the expanding bullet issue remains.

It is, however, open to interpretation, as the regs compare lead and jacketed bullets to FMJ. A hard cast bullet will not expand, but may be interpreted in the legal category. Or not?

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by GF1
Be sure to look up the hunting regs in the state you will hunt in, as there are some really stupid relatively recent restrictions that might dictate your deer handgun.

Missouri, for instance, now requires the gun have at least a 6" barrel, and expanding bullets. In my early years in the state, my .44 with Keith 429421s was just fine. Not now.

I can't seem to find that, do you have a link?

I've not seen this 6" barrel requirement. Like Sarge, I'm curious where you found that in the hunting regulations?

Here's a link (6 years old) that shows MO does not have a length restriction. Iowa has a 4" restriction and the post shows that accordingly.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/2975/minimum-barrel-length-hunting-america

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Crimson Tide,
I have an Accusport 5.5" Bisley Blackhawk just like yours. I use the 45-270-SAA loaded with 13.5 grains of HS6 for about 1100fps. Great deer load. To the OP, I have used a 629 with 240grain XTPs, and a 7.5" Redhawk with 225 grain Speer half jacket SWC hollowpoint to kill deer in Ohio. Any 200 plus grain load that you can hit a paper plate with at 40 yards should smoke a whitetail.

Ron

Thank you sir, I'll try that load.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
My 5.5 Inch stainless Bisley in 45 Colt, is the last handgun that will leave my possession. MUCH can be done with that particular pistol.

With all due respect.... GFY.

wink

Jealousy, thy name is 4ager.....

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 5.5 Inch stainless Bisley in 45 Colt, is the last handgun that will leave my possession. MUCH can be done with that particular pistol.

wink

Not jealous, my friend, only regretful that I let one like that leave my possession.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

wink

Not jealous, my friend, only regretful that I let one like that leave my possession.

I thought I was going to feel that way too. In reality, the Mountain Gun has still covered all my bases.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9

wink

I thought I was going to feel that way too. In reality, the Mountain Gun has still covered all my bases.

Yes, and I'll like that Mountain Gun quite well when you drop it off down here later.... wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A Smith Mountain Gun in 45 Colt is one of the top 3 revolvers Smith ever manufactured.

V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
V
I finally got a chance to shoot My new 5" 629 Classic, I set the sights 1" high @25 yds and shot 2 different factory loads, all I had on hand was some Fiocchi 240gr SJHP and some Barnes Vortex 225gr XPB HP loads but I had some fun shooting three 5 shot groups of each load....The 240gr Fiocchi stuff averaged 2" for the 3 groups of of 5 shots (not bad) but I was pleasantly surprised to get 1" 5 shot groups out of the Vortex ammo...If this is an example of the accuracy this 629 Is capable of I think I will be very satisfied......Next I will try some of the factory loads that have been recommended to Me in this thread.........Thanks Hb

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.