Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Maybe you're just getting older. At 73 everything seems heavier to me these days. --- Mel wink grin

Last edited by olblue; 05/27/16.

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by olblue
Maybe you're just getting older. At 73 everything seems heavier to me these days. --- Mel wink grin

Except when you pee!?!?!

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simpler solution on the wood density issue is obvious... Either you are being sold wetter wood or you are cutting wetter wood than you used to..

It is neither of those things. Global warming/climate change has made gravity stronger. I notice it most when I am trying to get up off of a low couch, but at other times too. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute

Lots hills are getting steeper and taller, and I've noticed some 35 year old chicks are starting to look pretty sharp as well.

AGW works in mysterious ways...

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
Simpler solution on the wood density issue is obvious... Either you are being sold wetter wood or you are cutting wetter wood than you used to..

It is neither of those things. Global warming/climate change has made gravity stronger. I notice it most when I am trying to get up off of a low couch, but at other times too. miles

Couple of Gulps of that Louisiana Clear Hootch, that shows up at Campfire Gatherings, Anonymously of course, in Arizona and New Mexico....

Couple gulps of that, you'll be right back to ten foot tall and bullet proof...

must be another part of climate change.. so all of it ain't that bad...

and Al Gore isn't that bad if ya ever met him... but when I have, he wasn't talkin about that climate change stuff...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by olblue

Except when you pee!?!?!

wink

And then there's that toooo ! 😢

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about using Congress to prosecute deniers of climate change? It seems Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island wants to prosecute all of us who don't believe.

Democrats, ‘Scientists’ Want Deniers of Global Warming Arrested, Punished

Posted on September 19, 2015 by Tad Cronn

In a scenario chillingly reminiscent of the story about Galileo’s punishment for going against the scientific orthodoxy of his day, a Democratic senator and a posse of enraged climate scientists are looking to string up anyone who denies their vision of climate change.

Not literally string them up, just criminalize them, investigate them, fine them, possibly jail them and certainly ruin their careers and lives.

Twenty scientists, mostly from universities, signed a letter to President Obama supporting Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse’s call to use the RICO racketeering laws to shut up anyone who disagrees with the warmistas.

In the letter, the scientists compared global warming “deniers,” that is anyone with common sense, to the evil tobacco industry that allegedly hid information about cancer from the public to sell their product.

The shadowy villains in this scenario are the omni-evil oil companies, environmentalists’ favorite bogeyman.

“If corporations in the fossil fuel industry and their supporters are guilty of the misdeeds that have been documented in books and journal articles, it is imperative that these misdeeds be stopped as soon as possible so that America and the world can get on with the critically important business of finding effective ways to restabilize the Earth’s climate, before even more lasting damage is done,” the self-appointed inquisitors wrote in the letter, which was addressed to President Obama, Attorney General Loretta Lynch, and Office of Science and Technology Policy Director John Holdren.

All three of them are probably drooling at the prospect of persecuting us benighted souls who think the planet can take care of itself and global warming is a fraud.

Even supposing for one moment that there was something to the whole global warming thing, that the Earth’s climate never varied according to natural forces like solar cycles, volcanic activity, cyclical ocean current shifts, etc., didn’t I read something in the Constitution about the government not being able to restrict free speech?

I’m sure the proponents of using RICO to enforce leftist dogma would counter that this tactic would only ever be used against big, bad companies that are trying to wring out profits from the gullible.

But we all know that’s a bunch of bull hockey. This is an intimidation tactic. If it were to actually be deployed, it would be to say to the world, “Look what we can do to the big companies that don’t get in line, now what are you little people going to do?”

It would really have nothing to do with saving the planet because the planet doesn’t need saving. It’s all about pushing a Marxist Progressive agenda of increasing control over the populace of the United States.

Progressivism, which goes back to President Woodrow Wilson, has only ever successfully moved forward when there has been a sense of dire emergency fixed in voters’ minds. In Wilson’s case, the excuse was World War I, and his Administration planted the seeds of fascism in American soil, providing a model of a regimented and planned society that fanatical leftists looked to around the world. You may recognize some of the guys who cited Wilson as a role model — guys with names like Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, etc.

Yes, it can happen here because it did already. It’s just been whitewashed out of history books that Wilson was a raging dictator, who was very into things like speech codes and punishing dissidents.

Ever since then, whenever an Administration, on the Left or the Right, wants to advance a Progressive agenda and doesn’t have a war, it’s time to manufacture a crisis, like health care or a gas attack in Syria or a flood of illegal immigrants or …

Now we have an Administration that aspires to the Wilson model but hasn’t got half the brain power, and it’s embarked on a project to create an existential terror, a threat to the very planet itself.

Granted, the global warming scam didn’t start with the Obama Administration, it’s been a project for decades. But Obama wants to be the one who can finally eliminate the opposition and bring the long-awaited scheme to fruition by shackling the common folk and swelling the bank accounts of the rich who are lurking in the wings for their chance to gamble in “carbon credits” and “alternative” power.

There are a lot of problems with the anthropogenic theory of global warming, obvious problems, but we live in an age where the average person seems to be crippled in his capacity for logical reasoning. And just to add insult to injury, people who are most lacking in that faculty have been trained to ape their masters and label political opponents as being “anti-science,” a cry which then gets picked up and repeated in the equally irrational media.

The warmistas have nothing to support their pseudo-scientific cause, and they know it. So now it comes to the phase of persecuting dissidents through the authority of government, rights be damned.

And real science takes the hit.

Using RICO to force the global warming agenda is the last refuge for scoundrels hoping to find their place at the public trough.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/democrats-scientists-want-deniers-of-global-warming-arrested-punished/

Last edited by kwg020; 05/28/16.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Wood getting heavier?

That happens when you keep re-celebrating your 39th birthday.

I was just bitchin a month or so ago. I just could not roll the cut pieces of oak around to the splitter like I used to a year or two ago. Energy just not quite there.

So Carolyn started splitting the rounds with sledge and wedges and I could move halves and quarters much easier.

Aggravating to realize as young as we are, its all starting to head south already....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The wife bought me a new 27 ton splitter last fall.
I parked my axe, wedges, and hammer for good.

Now I sit and warm my hands by the exhaust manifold while the wife and kids split the wood.
My back hasn't felt this good in years.

Al Galore is my hero!

smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not me I'm still a stud. This week I cut and split a tree that blew over last winter and I muscled that stuff around like it was nothing. That cedar will make great firestarter, it still counts as a tree though.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (007FJ, 160user, 163dm, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.