Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Still not seen any recognized name brands out here in the sticks. Seeing some foreign stuff through for 50 to $60 a brick.

1Minute
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Got lucky a few weeks back. My local range got a big shipment of Remington in. 27.00 a brick. Bought a case.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sportsman's Whs has been carrying some match stuff at a high price. I haven't seen anything else anywhere in town in a LONG time. Stuff online always costs too much to ship, sometimes raising the price by 50% or more.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.09-.10 for CCI, delivered; .16 delivered for RWS SSHP.

I don't even look locally. I don't buy any crap ammo, only stuff I like.

One of my sources generally has no limit or at most a limit of 1000. Midway often has a 500 round limit, so I order other stuff I want at the same time to cut shipping cost.

Sportsmans Guide regularly has free shipping offers, but so far hasn't had any .22s I want. I have gotten free shipping on .223s a couple of times.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
i'm finding some from .07 to .08.

sure wish it would start to come down

Not likely it'll ever be lower than that again. The '90s are over.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 1minute
Still not seen any recognized name brands out here in the sticks. Seeing some foreign stuff through for 50 to $60 a brick.

Around here, I can get Aguila SuperExtra stuff for about 8cents per, and it's better than most of the US made stuff I've tried lately. I'm really impressed with the stuff, though the Eley priming doesn't appeal to my nose much. It shoots well enough to make me ignore that smell.

In fact, I think I'd rather have the Aguila than anything Remington makes, and some of what Winchester makes, too.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Demand is still outstripping supply here in Minnesota. It does seem to stay on the shelves a bit longer when places do get it in, but it's still tough to come by. I've got enough put away that I don't go out of my way to look for it, but don't pass it up if I find any either. I'm more focused on stocking up on 9mm and .223 right now.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I haven't had to buy any in a looooooong time, but did pick up some federal automatch (a few boxes) a couple months ago. That stuff seems to be floating around pretty good at the local gunshows and such. I was looking at my stash and it's dwindling down a bit. Going to a rimfire match today so I'll be burning up some of my ammo. Good thing I stocked up a long time ago and I also don't shoot much 22lr. Hopefully we start seeing a little more of the stuff on the shelves. I have standards though and won't buy that cheap azzed Remington 22lr. Federal and American eagle (federal) is about all I ever use.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I had an inkling about the trajectory of this country, and about what was going to happen after 0 got elected. Each time I went into Fleet Farm I bought a brick of 500 for well under $20. At the same time I was ordering a brick or two of Aquila super colibri a month. By the time things got sparse I had accumulated a generational supply for our family's needs.

I have not seen any .22 at FF in years….likely not since January 2013. Thankfully I will never have to buy .22 again in my lifetime. Our boys probably won't either. By the time their children are coming up I dread to imagine the extent of the damage that will have been done to our freedoms if things keep trending the way they are.

Immediately after I had acquired our family supply of .22, I switched my purchases to shotgun, rifle and handgun ammo. I have been done with those acquisitions for almost a year….Feels much better than money in the bank, with current interest rates versus the inflation of ammo prices.

In retirement, or sooner, I plan to get set up for reloading for a hobby.

We are in a battle in this country, and if things go wrong this next election cycle there will be an intensifying war against our entire way of life. Trump was not my first choice during the primary. Now after hearing his 2nd amendment stance, learning he has a carry permit, and seeing who is against him, including RINOs, the media, violent protesters, BLM, etc. I am now all in for him.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I haven't seen any at Walmart in years. Some of the local gun shops get in a few boxes from time to time. There is an Academy in the next town, about 35 miles south of here where I pick up a box or 2 anytime I'm in the area.

The only place I've seen it consistently is Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. That is a long drive, 60+ miles, so I don't go there often, but if I'm in the area make a detour there. They have had it sitting in the floor on pallets for over a year. CCI minimags are $10/100 rounds. They have been selling Norma TAC 22 ammo for $5/50. The Norma shoots well in my guns.

I can't remember the last time I saw the cheaper bulk 500 round boxes anywhere. The stuff I've been buying the last couple of years is more expensive. But shoots so much better I probably won't go back to the cheap ammo even if it becomes available.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
was in the Bass Pro, Dania Beach, the other day with Greg, Local Dirt.
They had 1400 round buckets for .06 a round. I bought three boxes of CCI MiniMag for .08 a round.
They had about 20 different kinds of .22 LR on hand, and lots of it.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Paid 8cts here, but the prettiest little plastic box. grin

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't bought much in the last year. $.05 a round is about as much as I'd pay and they're still a bit over that.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah, they're still a bit over $.05 a round in these parts too....

I rarely see 22lr ammo on shelves around here and when it does show it's $.10/rnd at best.

I see a lot of this Federal Automatch online, any thoughts on how it shoots?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Blazer. Inexpensive and does well in my rifles.

Never tried Fed Automatch.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Walmart comes through again:

Today, two boxes of Federal AutoMatch 325ct, $17.42/box or $0.0536/round. They had a good pile of Remington .22LR, too.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bulk Ammo dot com seems to have a lot in stock.
Maybe not the best prices, but they ship fast.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I see a lot of this Federal Automatch online, any thoughts on how it shoots?
I have a Shaw heavy barreled 10-22. Federal Automatch shoots better than any other round I've shot in it and I've shot a lot of different brands and tppes. I'd guess over 2 dozen. It's now the only kind I buy.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Walmart comes through again:

Today, two boxes of Federal AutoMatch 325ct, $17.42/box or $0.0536/round. They had a good pile of Remington .22LR, too.
I don't get it. We NEVER get .22's in ours.

That's a great buy! Good for you!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
Bulk Ammo dot com seems to have a lot in stock.
Maybe not the best prices, but they ship fast.

You aren't kidding they're expensive. They're asking almost 3 times what a 500 round brick should cost if that does not include shipping in that price.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,899 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.