Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by antlers
Kinda funny sometimes reading about the 'proper' way to drink ones own whiskey. It comes up in every thread about whiskey. Some folks make a 'ceremony' outta drinkin' a glass of whiskey...just as some folks make a 'ceremony' outta cleaning a gun. If that's what they wanna do...that's their choice. Seems like a fella oughta drink his own whiskey the way 'he' likes it.

And there's the decline of Western Civilization. grin

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by ingwe
Pour a bit and gradually adjust the proof down with small additions of still spring water until it suits your palate. Do not use ice.

SNORK!!!!

Spring water lessens the intensity, ice ruins the flavor. Get with it man!

I'm Irish.

Do you think it really matters to me? grin

Are you drinking Old Crow? Usher's Green Stripe?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KyWindageII

Everyone's palate is different. The Bourbon you like is the Bourbon you like.

Truest statement in the entire thread..............

MM

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by antlers
Kinda funny sometimes reading about the 'proper' way to drink ones own whiskey. It comes up in every thread about whiskey. Some folks make a 'ceremony' outta drinkin' a glass of whiskey...just as some folks make a 'ceremony' outta cleaning a gun. If that's what they wanna do...that's their choice. Seems like a fella oughta drink his own whiskey the way 'he' likes it.

And there's the decline of Western Civilization. grin

If that was the worst thing we had to worry causing it.... Haha!

I was talking to a Scot one time, big scotch drinker. Asked him how you were supposed to drink scotch... His answer... However the F$&@ you want!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
From what I observed when I visited, most Scots don't have the knowledge/appreciation of Scotch you'd expect.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This is all you need.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And Blanton doesn't impress me too much.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Wild turkey rare breed. 112 proof. Very smooth

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
FYI Costco's Kirkland Bourbon is made by Buffalo Trace.

Good traditional bourbons generally come from the middle floors of the warehouse and are aged 7-9 years. That includes Buffalo Trace, Weller Reserve and Weller Antique.

Eagle Rare 10 has won more double gold medals than any other 10 yr old Bourbon.

Blantons is only 6 yrs old and tastes like it to me. Elmer T Lee (same mash bill) is slightly older and much better tasting.

Stagg Jr. Is the same mash bill as Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare but is aged a minimum of 12 years and bottled at barrel proof. My current bottle is 129.7 proof and I can open it up with a little water to my taste. Wonderful Bourbon.

Buffalo Trace, Brown Forman (Woodford Reserve, Old Forester) and Heaven Hill are all American owned. All the rest of the Kentucky distilleries are foreign owned.

Yes, I work for Buffalo Trace and I'm proud of it. Two of my ancestors owned distilleries in Anderson and Mercer Counties in the 19th century and my dad printed all of Jim Beam's labels from the 1940s through the 1970s.

Everyone's palate is different. The Bourbon you like is the Bourbon you like. Keep tasting!

Thank you for your service. laugh

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JRaw
Right now I have Booker's, Buffalo Trace, Garrison Bros Texas Straight Bourbon, and Bulleit on my shelf. Nothing wrong with Woodford and you have already have bottle to try. I really like Bookers but at 128 proof you don't get to enjoy very much at a sitting! Bulleit is my personal favorite. The Garrison Bros and Buffalo Trace have more flavor (spice? smoke? I'm no expert) but I just don't enjoy that aspect as much.
YMMV, drink what you enjoy.

I could drink with you, if you'd allow it.

Which reminds me, I need to take a jug to the cabin this weekend.

I've tried most all of them, but keep going back to Bulleit.

it's like women, what one guy likes the other guy doesn't

glad for all the choices, well in whiskey anyway

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.