Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by southwind

Here's ole_270s 8 point. If it wasn't a 9 point he'd have netted 170.

[Linked Image]

The tine length on that buck is amazing! Gives a whole new meaning to a buck with a tall rack...Wow!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seem to of misplaced the taxidermists scoring sheet. If I remember correctly the G2s were 15 1/2", the G3s 12 3/4". Never seen anything like it before or since.

D
d500lnn Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I got drawn. I'm going to unit 11. Can't wait.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The draw for 11 is essentially a formality - there was little doubt. wink

I know the southern part of that one pretty well.
Whereabouts are you hunting?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SKane

I didn't realize that. 2 of the guy's we are going with had two of his buddies that didn't draw. Anyhow, Skane I'm not certain the town that is close. I'll ask Scott (guy I'm going with) where it is and get back to you.

I thought 11 was a good area?

Anyhow, I'll find out and let you know. I've got to start "getting my stuff ready" and buying more things I "need" because all the stuff I have wont work in Kansas😉 That's my story anyhow...

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bring t-shirts & jeans and artic foul weather gear... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by d500lnn
Originally Posted by SKane

I didn't realize that. 2 of the guy's we are going with had two of his buddies that didn't draw. Anyhow, Skane I'm not certain the town that is close. I'll ask Scott (guy I'm going with) where it is and get back to you.

I thought 11 was a good area?

I just looked it up, and, you're right - more applicants than tags. That's a first in a long time.

Anyway, yes, it's a really good unit if you're not trying to keep up with the walk-in ground that almost annually changes over. If you're on private ground you have no worries.

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 65X54
Bring t-shirts & jeans and artic foul weather gear... smile

TRUTH!!! laugh

Nick, if you don't have a windproof shell, now is the time.

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Guys, I was joking....I've got more [bleep] than I'll ever need. I'm as much of a hunting clothing whore than I am a rifle and hunting junkie. I'm just looking for an excuse to get some more nice gear.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys, I was joking....I've got more [bleep] than I'll ever need. I'm as much of a hunting clothing whore than I am a rifle and hunting junkie. I'm just looking for an excuse to get some more nice gear.
In that case, I'd look for excuses to spend that money on more trips. Go to KS and other places as well. You'll remember/enjoy it much longer than any gear purchase IME...

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by pointer
In that case, I'd look for excuses to spend that money on more trips. Go to KS and other places as well. You'll remember/enjoy it much longer than any gear purchase IME...

I completely and totally agree with that statement. I likely will do that. Its looking like summer 2017 will be S Africa......although something in the back of my mind says enjoy trips in the US....elk, antelope, mule deer, etc....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I drive across Kansas to get to Colorado. Looks like I should just stop there.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Otter6
I drive across Kansas to get to Colorado. Looks like I should just stop there.

There's really not much to see here. In fact, I've heard it said that Kansas is one of the "flyover states". smile

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I completely and totally agree with that statement. I likely will do that. Its looking like summer 2017 will be S Africa......although something in the back of my mind says enjoy trips in the US....elk, antelope, mule deer, etc....
Sounds like a plan. I plan on doing as much here in the US for the time being as possible for a couple of reasons. Largely, time and money, but I also see old, out of shape guys on safaris in Africa. You don't see to many of them on DIY, public land hunts for elk, etc. Right now I'm just young(ish) and out of shape! laugh

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Sounds like a plan. I plan on doing as much here in the US for the time being as possible for a couple of reasons. Largely, time and money, but I also see old, out of shape guys on safaris in Africa. You don't see to many of them on DIY, public land hunts for elk, etc. Right now I'm just young(ish) and out of shape! laugh

I guess I'm youngish (42) and I don't want to regret never going to SA. I have a customer and great friend(s) that are going in 2017. Thier PH comes over every year to visit and hunt deer and elk. We've talked about it and I've verbally committed.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I guess I'm youngish (42) and I don't want to regret never going to SA. I have a customer and great friend(s) that are going in 2017. Thier PH comes over every year to visit and hunt deer and elk. We've talked about it and I've verbally committed.
I understand. Different strokes is all. I plan on making it to Africa hunting someday and am just banking on there will be African hunting available when I'm old. It's an easy choice as right now my kids suck up any and all extra money and time... wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
South Africa in June of 2014

My wife and I spent 2 weeks in the Eastern Cape and killed eleven different species of plains game

It cost a fortune but I regret none of it

Except the exporting part....that sux azz X10

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Alright I always enjoy folks opinions. I hope to be drawn and hunt in Kansas this year. I plan on taking two rifles. My main rifle will be a new build in 6.5 creedmoor. My backup will likely be either a 7mm RM or 300 wsm. I know these deer are much heavier than Georgia deer I'm used to, but I will kill any deer on earth with a 6.5mm bullet.........

What would be your picks?

I went to my smiths today to get a barrel twisted off a 700 action today and they said "oh yeah, your rifle will be complete tomorrow". I'm pretty pumped!

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
.308 Winchester

[Linked Image]Kansas whitetail 2014 by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ooh! Toad! Nice buck!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
710 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.