-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 48 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 47 48
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poor Larry, maybe we should start a charity type collection fund for him.

Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Paradise,Alaska
DB,

I'm just a poor schmuck,that barely scrapes by,while keeping his nose in the wind. When I smell a good deal,I'm pretty powerless over it and can generally manage a way.

I enjoy twisting new rifles up,a little at a time. Keeps my much better half,happier,that way and me entertained.................

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More wisdom......

Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

That or a ham and cheese sandwich. I ARE predictable.

My thinking is different most often,because I weigh practice HEAVILY. I seek a superb projectile for Punchin' Tags and hope to find a practice bullet that meets it's flight behavior.

The 120V-Max/XBT scenario is splendid 7mm medicine. I favored that X bullet in all my 7mm's,from 7-08 on up to STW. It really is a crusher................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We all need to listen to the great one!!............

#110279 - 11/24/02 01:17 AM Re: Well.What do you know-A 257 Wby WILL kill a deer!
Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

James,

A pard and I were commenting upon the 257Wby in general,just the other day at work. He's likely had as many diverse different chamberings as I have and has Hunted in situations different from me(as we are from different locales originally). Despite the vast differences in prior experiences,we were/are in consensus that the 257Wby is our collective favorite cartridge.

I kick myself in the ass,because I just KNEW it had to be great,even before I built my first. For some reason,I waited to build my first,but I guess the other experiences made me appreciate the 257Wby even more. I could weigh it against lots of other stuff and fully appreciate it's magnitude in a direct comparison(reflecting back,in my mind's eye,upon deeds done by the others). That is likely the reason,I'm such a fan. If it were the only chambering I'd ever owned,it would have certainly still dazzled me,but after having run the gamut it is even more impressive. How and why,it does what it does,is not fully understood by me,nor do I truly care.

What I DO understand,is it's "Holy [bleep]!!" effects upon Game. It's sorta' like cheatin'. It gobbles great distances without breaking stride,does so with extreme accuracy,delivers minimal recoil and is a literal Wrecking Ball upon receipt.

The MOJO Runneth Over,with oodles to spare.....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there is more.......

Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

The 120XBT at 3500fps,gives up but 100ft lbs of energy to the 160gr Partition at the 600yd line,as a comparison. That,while making MORE from the muzzle to the 550-ish yd line initially. Plus it has a nice trajectory edge,as well as the ability to dig deep up close and personal.

120's in a 7mm,make many folks nervous,because they have little to no prior dealings with superlative componetry,to go from. The 120XBT is a KNOWN quantity and is wicked,mean and nasty,in roughly that order.

The 140's(XLC) are easier to "push",to the masses. Both Trump the 160 Partition at it's own game(yes figuratively and literally).

I just hate to see a cartridge as grand as the 7mmRemmag,hamstrung with 160's. My opinion here,is nothing new and this debate has been hashed numerous times,with numerous Posters.

The 7mmRemmag with 120's,is a Sinister Beast and excells in many avenues,especially considering distances mentioned within this particular Thread. Couple a 120V-Max for play,with the 120XBT for keeps and you'll breath new life into the Magnificent 7....................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
15 years ago?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by starsky
15 years ago?

Yep.
Even 15yrs ago we had high B.C. bullets.
Laser range finders and a few turret scopes or custom drop reticles.
The early Barnes x bullets had terrible B.C.'s even by those days standards.

The point being he is a legend in his own mind and whatever he is using at the moment is far superior to anything anybody else is using.

Besides it's great fun to point out the hypocrisy.
Are you a Stick fan-boy?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If your idea of great fun is digging up posts from over a decade ago, then I feel sorry for you. Carry on....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by starsky
If your idea of great fun is digging up posts from over a decade ago, then I feel sorry for you. Carry on....

I will take that as a yes.
Maybe you could start a fan club?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Maybe we should mansplain to irfubar how things have changed, like projectiles, in the last 15 years..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Maybe we should mansplain to irfubar how things have changed, like projectiles, in the last 15 years..

Ooooh another member of the stick fan-boy club.
You go girls

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have only one thing to say Lawrence. I wish I was there to watch you try and get those cameras down off that branch. I would have paid good money to watch that circus show. LMAO just thinking about it. Like [bleep] with a cat with a laser pointer.

Last edited by Stickbow; 01/13/17. Reason: [bleep] with Larry
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by irfubar
We all need to listen to the great one!!............

#110279 - 11/24/02 01:17 AM Re: Well.What do you know-A 257 Wby WILL kill a deer!
Big Stick Offline
Campfire Oracle

James,

A pard and I were commenting upon the 257Wby in general,just the other day at work. He's likely had as many diverse different chamberings as I have and has Hunted in situations different from me(as we are from different locales originally). Despite the vast differences in prior experiences,we were/are in consensus that the 257Wby is our collective favorite cartridge.

I kick myself in the ass,because I just KNEW it had to be great,even before I built my first. For some reason,I waited to build my first,but I guess the other experiences made me appreciate the 257Wby even more. I could weigh it against lots of other stuff and fully appreciate it's magnitude in a direct comparison(reflecting back,in my mind's eye,upon deeds done by the others). That is likely the reason,I'm such a fan. If it were the only chambering I'd ever owned,it would have certainly still dazzled me,but after having run the gamut it is even more impressive. How and why,it does what it does,is not fully understood by me,nor do I truly care.

What I DO understand,is it's "Holy [bleep]!!" effects upon Game. It's sorta' like cheatin'. It gobbles great distances without breaking stride,does so with extreme accuracy,delivers minimal recoil and is a literal Wrecking Ball upon receipt.

The MOJO Runneth Over,with oodle.s to spare....................

More "Mojo" hot dog! grin

Wonder if the "Mojo" is used at the bullet companies.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

TheBitchingSniveler,

I getta kick outta how "real" your Imagination and Pretend are to you. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my great "surprise",that you are unable to keep pace,as per your always...you "lucky" kchunt. Be sure to pinpoint the numbers that were "too big",words that were "too long" or "too Technical" and I will happily shorten same,so as to grant you another chance to try.

Groovin' on your fhuqking Day DREAMING Delusions,that your Stupidity is somehow "offensive" to anyone but you,yet you are the only one oblivious to same. Stupidity is the "gift" that keeps on giving. Hint. Read that again. Now one more time. Just saying. Laughing!

Very GOOD call to yet again refrain all things The Rifle and continue your Vagina Monlogue Hissy Fit. Might I suggest holding your breath and stomping your itty-bitty feet,while threatening Imaginary Pretend Ignore as "vindication",of your version of "experience". Laughing!

Don't "forget" to follow around,like the heel nipping kchunt you are. Ooopsie!...too late. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

Little Buddy, I said I was sorry. I truly mean it. I know it is a sore spot for you that you came to the Kimber Montana, the SWFA SS, the high BC bullets, etc. years after I did. However, you never hear me object to your acting as though you are the Christopher Columbus of all things shooting. I always let you enjoy your time in the sun. Heck, until recent posts in this thread, most viewers of this forum don't know you were advocating the positives of the 257 Bee while others of us were shooting high BC 6.5s and .284s. Most people aren't aware that you were extolling the virtues of Leupold while some of us were cruising the optics frontier with the SS. The same can be said for those of us who were appreciating the utility of the Kimber Montana while you were still trying to avoid putting your eye out with a Red Rider.

I will say that even though you discovered the art of "cut/copy and paste", after me, so that you can redundantly retort, you have perfected it. See, I'm always full of compliments for you. I wish you well and hope you have a great day. Now go out and spend some primers, enjoy some trigger time and get off the couch my friend. Take a valium and carpe diem and stop letting all of these guys get under your skin.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 01/13/17. Reason: Corrected a spelling error.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Helpful hint bs,next time use "Mucho Mojo."

And you're welcome. wink smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
URfubar,

Must be VERY exciting for you,to reread my every word and reperuse my every pixel,to quantify that I've got all the T-shirts and BT/DT,while you set on your couchbound kchunt with your Imagination and Pretend "shooting" your mouth and Imagination...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

I enjoy the fact that your meager "means","abilities" and "comprehension" precludes you from partaking in the firsthand and also "grants" you an Incredible amount of fhuqking STUPIDITY,so as to be devoid an inkling in regards to Sleepers,Sand Bagging and the Fine Art of Subtle Understatement. Read that again. Now one more time. Google it. Hint. Laughing!

Hmmmmm...now,lemme see here.

It seems I do recall having shot out (5) 257 Whetherbee spouts and to this day,the 100XLC at 3750fps has no peer in the chambering and I'm purty sure I know the comeups/holdoffs well and would make Rain Man blush in unerring accuracy. Pun be intended. Got's me a "hunch" it's the melding to the far right of the frame and now you can say you've "seen" one...you "lucky" kchunt. I'd be VERY impressed to learn,that someone on The Planet has shot the chambering as hard as I. Hint. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

In fairness,I've not shot out more than (5) 7-08 spouts on any one receiver,but prolly have a coupla receivers gunning said headstamp. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

Talkin' OEM throats/COAL,if I recall correctly the 120X/V-Max happily Smooch and nestle mag confines and I mighta even seen same launched into Game. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

This receiver is only on it's 2nd 7-08 spout and now you can say you've "seen" a rifle so splendid...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I've long heard good thangs in regards to the .284" 120X and just mighta whistled a few of 'em. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

In The Day that boolit at 3500fps in a 24" 7mmRemmie was a mainstay for most of us,as in 7-08. They'd tend to crowd 3800fps in a STW,though my longest was only a 27.5" Schneider. Purty sure I'm done with long barrels,but in fairness,have never built anything over 30",so mebbe I'm missing sumptin'? LAUGHING!

Have heard through The Grapevine,that while the STW is an increase in case capacity,it also very much impedes COAL,which precludes alotta thangs,all of which fly over your pointy head and are WELL above your pay "grade". I reckon it only "fair",to letcha' see one of them too,so you can "add" it to your "list". Laughing!

Might be enlightening for someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,to perhaps gawk it set in perspective to the Copious Mojo of Big Green L/A mag latitude. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I'd certainly not STW again,given the advents in projectiles.

Delving a touch deeper,the 140XLC in .284" is a right proper Brutal Bitch,it and the 120X both trump the 160X,who's ghastly bearing surface and schit aero form are epic failures(just like you). To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

Due your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results",it is impossible for you to connect a single fhuqking first hand dot,though you suck a mean ass and plagiarize mightily...you "lucky" kchunt.

BC in and of itself,is assuredly not the end all/be all,you gotta have it all and that factors heavily upon relative mettle/integrity aka Copious Mojo. Berger tries hard and they make some nice stuff for tearin' paper and clangin' steel,but the integrity is paltry at best. Their .243" 105 High Bird is easily their best effort and it's MUCH warmer/fuzzier in a 6BR,than it is a 243 SALAMI or greater case capacity/increased impact velocity. Berger has long been an easy pass and remains so for Terminal Effects. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

Sierra tries veddy hard too and is a fhuqking joke. At least a Booger is predictable in it's Zooktitude,while with a Sugar it's always a roll of the fhuqking dice. They do a good job of tearin' paper and clangin' steel,but are wayyyyyyyy down the list for reliable Terminal Effetcs. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

Speer has no answer,to anything. Hint.

Lapooey gets a great deal right and though terminal effects is a Skinner "accident" and well outside their scope of design,it is stalwart and ruggedly reliabile,as compared to Boogers and Sugar. No contest there,the Scandahoovians STEAL the fhuqking Show and neatly meld aero form with integrity. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

'Course there's some esoteric attempts,most all of which are fhuqking hilarious and slated to snag them who "shoot" as "much" as you and are of the same painful IQ ilk.To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

Have never shot Hornady,but some of their stuff seems intellesting. It must be VERY "exciting" for you,to "get" to read about that too. LAUGHING!

1000 words.

[Linked Image]

Now were I to look back at water under the bridge,I could rather easily reflect upon a goodly sized herd of Splendid Beasties killed rather dead,with all the things you Whined about,have never seen,never used and could never afford...in no particular fhuqking order other than fact/fact/fact. Hint/hint/hint. Laughing!

Been a whole schitload of 375H&H's,375H&H AI's and a 378Wby flogged upon my mitts too and mebbe you could "tell" me about them as well? Laughing!

I don't shoot anything in 6mm,so don't tease me there,because it ain't "fair". Laughing!

Never understood the appeal of 22 Centerfires,so that ain't "fair" either. Laughing!

Don't "forget" that you reserve the right to find me "mistaken",though Facts preclude that from happening. To be clear and only for your Incredible STUPIDITY,that is a Subtle Understatement and I'm sure as fhuqk Sand Bagging. Hint. Laughing!

Here's to how very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are,you AMAZINGLY Fhuqking Stupid Clueless Brokedick DUMB Fhuqk.

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. You "hard charging" heel nipping Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk. Hint.

Just saying.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

starsky,

Don't go stealin' THE Dumb Kchunt's "thunder"...Imagination and Pretend is all she's "got" and that would be mean.(grin)

Plagiarism "counts" as "doing" in The Paper Hat Brigade and gawkin' pics of others,is the ONLY "move" she's got.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!..............

Calvin,

Stupidity do NOT "change" and it's a perpetual plight,though she tries to wield it as a Secret Squirrel "advantage".

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.(grin)

Bless her heart.

Laughing!.............

DUMBow,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that wishing is as close as you will EVER come to "doing". Congratulations?!?

Oh my...didja' use ALL of your Imagination and Pretend to conjure the Delusion of your "having" good money to "spend". Now ain't that a fhuqking HOOT!!!

Now you can say you've "seen" a tree too...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

VERY good call to refrain all things The Rifle,burn "all" your pics and flaunt your Imagination and Pretend as you MUST.

The only thing you can do in the firsthand is Whine,Hissy Fit and make Excuses,though there ain't no slightin' your expertise in them fields,due your "life" of mastering same. Whattya' "do" for a "living" again?!? LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

elkchunt,

If you hadn't copy/pasted "Mojo"...you wouldn't have been able to spell it. Congratulations?!?

There's some Serious Mojo in more than a few projectiles and you "get" to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Don't keep "forgetting" about Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

TheBitchingSniveler,

I reckon you might as well shoot for the stars,as you wax eloquent upon your countless and very WELL founded Insecurities. I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you've conjured Delusion of trying to compare yourself to moi. Congratulations?!?

You "hard charging" "trend setter" you.

Bless your heart.

Wow +P+++!!!

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess I hit a raw nerve. cool

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I find it interesting how everyone thinks that only the bullet with the highest BC will kill anything at any range or even make it to the 1K line. Funny thing. Last time I went to the range to shoot I recall a bunch of old farts dressed like Buffalo Bill ringing gongs out to 1,000 yards with ease will wielding reproduction Sharps and Rolling Blocks. They were in big .45 and .50 calibers burping coal and launching re-formed wheel weights. "Steered" there by veneers, peeps and globes. Not an A-Max in the bunch or a MQ fixed Fhuquker to be seen. I wonder how that happened? But damned you will be if you don't sell everything you have and get what Twiggy is slinging because everything else will bounce of any game you shoot at. He's a real Jack O'C. Yes things have changed in the past fifteen years in booolits but damned if it don't take evolution of any living thing a hell of a lot longer to catch up.
People have been shooting at long ranges since the gun was created. It isn't anything new and Larry sure is chit doesn't have the market cornered on it. If the OP wan't some good advice on his question he will find someone on this site that isn't a complete jackass like Twig and send a PM. Or better yet, go to a different site entirely and pose the same question. Everyone knows not to come to this site because of Larry and the rest of his idiot followers. Good news is he is banned everywhere else and this is his last resort. Rick won't ban him here because he doesn't want to be responsible for his demise when his little world crumbles. Twiggy needs this place more than it needs him by far.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Let's see Larry..... I don't kill trees, Don't work in the mine, Don't work on an oil rig, don't work in a shop in Craig,Alaska, and sure as chit have no desire to do those things. So, Go Fish.

PS. Digging the 70's Freddy Mercury stache! speaks volumes and alludes to your preferences.

Last edited by Stickbow; 01/14/17. Reason: keep larry going
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great entertainment here. I'm thinking this thread could go on for a very long time the way Stick has gotten into your heads guys. Don't know if I've ever seen guys played like this before, but Stick is playing you guys like a violin. Same rhetoric, same responses from the peanut gallery. He doesn't even have to work hard. You guys could at least try to make it interesting or change it up a little.... smile

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Great entertainment here. I'm thinking this thread could go on for a very long time the way Stick has gotten into your heads guys. Don't know if I've ever seen guys played like this before, but Stick is playing you guys like a violin. Same rhetoric, same responses from the peanut gallery. He doesn't even have to work hard. You guys could at least try to make it interesting or change it up a little.... smile

Another member of the stick fan-boy club?
I hear Calvin is selling Stick t-shirts and coffee mugs!

Appears to me Stick puts a lot more effort into this than all of us combined?

Who's playing who?

Page 6 of 48 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, Ackman, 15 invisible), 1,605 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.