Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like it's missing the front sight. Might lend itself to "less than impressed" shooting. wink wink wink

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1000is
Suggest you sign up for Proxibid.com (free) and follow the auctions for 99s like yours.

Set up guns like yours to "watch". Then wait till they sell, add in the buyers premium, typically 15-22% and see a real world value.

That will give you a range of prices that real buyers and real sellers made a deal at.

There is no shortage of 99s for sale on various auctions.

Good luck.
[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eye bleach called for. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DaveBulla
Don't know if you all will be able to see all my other pics once you click on s photo or not but if you can, be sure to scroll to the right, not the left. To the left are pics of another 99 that I almost bought but didn't. Also, I forgot until I just now saw the pics but looks like there is a chip missing from the toe of the stock.

i would give you $ 500.oo if it was in Canada but from U.S, it costs to much to bring across.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Eye bleach called for. grin

I was thinking red hot branding irons in the eyes...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
OK, after reading the last couple comments, I was a bit ticked off and decided to just walk away but I'm not leaving without one last comment. Specifically noted are the comments about eye bleach required and red hot branding irons in the eyes. The only way I can take those is as a couple smart ass comments meaning the rifle is so ugly you all want to gouge your eyes out. Excuse the F¥@k outta me boys if my only Savage is not up to par here.

I didn't come here to sell here and probably worded the title wrong. As stated in the first post, I was looking at a trade locally and only wanted a good idea of value FOR THAT TRADE. I didn't come fishing for a buyer. I didn't come for a professional appraisal. I certainly know that a true appraisal costs money and can't be done on line accurately. All I wanted was a friendly, ball park value from guys who supposedly like Savage 99's. I got a couple helpful pm's from several members and for that, thank you. But damn, I have to say I haven't been on a sight in a long time that came across as just a couple of jerks. Reminds me of one of the AR forums I went to once just to try to learn a bit. Those idiots were flat out hostile to each other. I never bothered to post.

So, unless I missed something and misunderstood, I believe I'm done here. Maybe I'll lurk and search now and then because there is some good info floating around but I'll not be a regular.

Last edited by DaveBulla; 05/28/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's Larry. Not your model F.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Neither comment about eye bleach nor red hot branding irons were directed toward your rifle. They were directed toward the picture posted a post or two above. You need to learn how to tell which poster is answering which poster. At the end of the title line of each post there is an "Re" in red with the handle of the member that the posters is replying to. Learn how the posting works here and learn a lot about Savage M99s. Or not.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sorry Dave. If you go back through the thread you will see all of the posts by "1000is" have been removed. He posted a picture of a guy in women's undee's with a blow up pig in his lap, that's what the eye bleach was about. He was banned from the site and keeps coming back under different names. He causes this kind of problem and confusion all the time. I'm glad you got ticked and came back, it's one problem child, not the site, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
stick around and pull up a log to the fire as said in the last 2 posts it aint YOU its the azz that has been banned.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
OK guys. Gotta admit, looks like a retraction on my part is in order.

I never saw the picture mentioned and thought someone was full of it. Went back to prove it and accidently found it. I've been viewing on my phone all this time and since the picture does not show unless you scroll down in the window that post is in it is not visible. I'd read that post twice and saw nothing wrong with it. Just by chance today when scrolling I must have swiped my finger differently and realized there was more of that post not visible inside the subpart. Actually, I suspect that as mentioned the original was pulled but someone did a reply to about it and it does there. I think I may have never seen the original.

So now the question seems to be, where did the last guy leave that danged bleach bottle? Eeewww!

Also, never noticed the little header with the "Re ____________" can't even see that on my phone unless I really blow up the page. Don't think I've ever seen that on ANY page I go to but maybe it's there and I just never noticed. Usually guys will do a copy and paste into a quote block and at a glance you know what post they are taking about because the whole post is repeated, it's inside a block and usually it or the text is s different color.

So, the question on that now is, how DO You reply to a single post compared to replying to the whole post in general?

Heck, I may have been doing it wrong all along.

Last edited by DaveBulla; 05/28/16.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
OK, think I answered my own question about how to reply to a person vs the whole post. More fine red print at the bottom right? That line with the reply, quote, quick reply etc? As opposed to just clicking on the big blank box at the bottom.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My advice to you is to get advice on how to get your take down 2 take down. It would become more marketable.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't worry about the TD. I have several that I can't undo. I find it better to have one that is tight vs one that is too loose. Just my opinion.

PS... Dave, you might try using the site on a computer, if possible, so you can see the whole screen in a larger format to learn the available features.

Last edited by Rick99; 05/29/16.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by 1000is
Suggest you sign up for Proxibid.com (free) and follow the auctions for 99s like yours.

Set up guns like yours to "watch". Then wait till they sell, add in the buyers premium, typically 15-22% and see a real world value.

That will give you a range of prices that real buyers and real sellers made a deal at.

There is no shortage of 99s for sale on various auctions.

Good luck.
[Linked Image]

so is that what a LARRY ROOT looks like?
ranks right up there with Hildibeast!

Dave you have a nice savage and one you may never get again. i have sold a few 99's when the "something new" itch strikes and have lived to regret it.
personally i think the 300 savage is one of the finest rounds ever created and have never had a problem getting fine accuracy with it, unless there was something really wrong with the gun. i have one that the bore looks like a sewer pipe inside but has a good crown and shoots into 1.25 inches /100 yards.
the 500-600 range will get it gone fast.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.