Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Leave it up to a darkie to ruin the singing of our National Anthem

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Very informative post.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
methinks everyone puts their own spin on it. some I like, some I don't. live with it.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Indy 500 fan, eh? Agreed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It should be performed exactly as written. I've heard some wonderful renditions that are ruined with the addition of some warbling high notes late in the peace.

1Minute
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Singers need to sing along to this:

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2016 National Memorial Day Concert link

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365765896/

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The music to our anthem was originally a British drinking song written for a men's social club. Can you imagine what a bunch of drunks could do with it?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think I've seen that with some renditions.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No matter what the preformer's race is the National Anthem should be respected enough to be performed as written not with artistic interpretation.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

That started in MLB back in the late 70's or early 80's. I found the bastardization of the national anthem disgusting back then.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Could be worse: Obummer could arbitrarily declare "The Internationale" to be our new national anthem. Congressional Republicans wouldn't say one word if he did it.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
[quote=OrangeOkie]Leave it up to a darkie to ruin the singing of our National Anthem [/quote

Not very appropriate when the worst ever was Roseanne Barr.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gunswizard
No matter what the preformer's race is the National Anthem should be respected enough to be performed as written not with artistic interpretation.
I WILL say that Rucker did not go wild with the ever present black melismas. (Apparently, more notes makes it better) Rucker is just a bad singer. Very poor choice.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Never knew that fugly dyke was a singer, just thought she was an obnoxious biotch who liked to scratch her cooch in public. Perhaps the natives (crabs) were restless.

Last edited by gunswizard; 05/30/16.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Never knew that fugly dyke was a singer, just thought she was an obnoxious biotch who liked to scratch her cooch in public. Perhaps the natives (crabs) were restless.
She's not a singer. Who the hell picks these people? Honestly, for a real singer, the National Anthem is not that difficult. Personally, I am sick of every dang song being blackified. White people like music too.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Consider yourselves fortunate to still hear it.

Plans under foot to unseat the Star Spangled Banner because of its war imagery.

Too violent.

Need something with rainbows....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The most disgraceful rendition of all time has to have been Rosanne Barr with her crotch grabbing screeching. You can watch this if you like but I don't recommend it for anyone who's an American.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have to say, slightly off topic, that I am a bit taken back by the apparent racism that exist on this forum. Does it really matter what color the person singing is? Are white folk not just as guilty of fuggin' up the Anthem? I seem to recall a string of them that bobbled the words, forgot words, sung off key...

It's one of the hardest pieces of music in the world to get correct because it wasn't written correctly to begin with. It was a poem set to music, not lyrics written to notes. I am not giving them a pass on the personal liberties taken with it, but I will say the darkie comment is just plain sh*t.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Couple of things . First, it is not a hard song to sing, for a trained singer. Heck, Rossini or Shoenberg are hard to sing....I studied voice for 35 years, and sang professionally from 18 to 42. Second, the song has been bastardized by a lot of people, it's true. The current all consuming desire to change the style of all music to a black style is tiresome for people who do not like that style. The National Anthem as an official piece, was done as written until black singers felt the need to "improve" it. In my opinion, they did no such thing. They just made it a cartoon. The last couple of years, we have been getting hammered pretty heavily with Afro Centrism. Tired of that, too. Plenty of songs are poems set to music. It is often the lyrics that inspire the choice of music, whether lifted from another song, or original. Cant say it makes for a song that is any more difficult to perform.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
395 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 39 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.