Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 66niteowl
What do the farmers pay for using the roads cowboy ?

Here in okieland a landowner (or farmer) with holdings on a county road (66 ft. wide) pays taxes to the middle of the road so thats 33 ft. times however long your frontage is that you pay taxes on but cannot farm or use other than driving on. I think that covers payment by farmers don't you?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Hit 'em with an "industrial tax".. I suspect the overall cost to manufacture a hybrid car more than off-sets the "carbon tax" on regular cars.

After all- the farther away from the source point of energy, the more it costs to get there in dollars.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
hell, i'd be pissed as well. they tell us to "save the earth" by using less fuel. Then they penalize us for it.
personally, i drive a F350 diesel, but i also drive a motorcycle.

they'll probably tax me for the fuel gulping truck! are they going to tax the motorcycle too?

Every time you put fuel in the tank...so in lieu of taxing the electricity used for on-road use, slap a small tax on the rego.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Pugs

Even the Comptroller of Maryland, naturally a Democrat, gets it and has steadfastly opposed tax increases from his party and has told the legislature there is plenty of money if they would spend it on what they should and not the aforementioned crap..
That's ONE democrat with ZERO friends... Why, he's speaking common sense, fer cryin' out loud..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that covers payment by farmers don't you?

Not to mention the miles driven using road taxed gasoline, on the farm, not on roads at all. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Would you prefer they put a GPS in your vehicles and tax you by the mile? The roads have to be paid for one way or another.

I have never had a problem paying for something of fair value, but once the Guberment touches the money all efficiency is lost.

i.e. $1m outhouses, $2k hammers, trillion dollar fighter jets the list goes on.

Dissect ANYTHING that the Guberment spends money on and see the SF per price... or per unit price and you will be outraged.

Simple Example... it cost $0.02 to make a penny and $0.08 to make a nickle.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
They ought to look at the environmental impact of mining heavy metals for batteries vs. drilling for oil/gas. Not to mention, the Chinese have the market cornered on all those battery materials. Then, get back to me on which vehicle has less environmental "impact".

Same goes for ethanol.
Carbon emissions to manufacture and get product to market are staggering.
Then there's destruction and poisoning of good clean ground water to figure in.

We'd be better off with muscle cars from the 70's and leaded gasoline.

People are going to have to pay for all this useless pretend science.
"In order to save the planet, we had to kill it."

Last edited by Archerhunter; 05/30/16.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These little cars should have a sticker by the plug in recepticle that says "Go Green. Shovel coal here."

That or "Insert Nuclear Fuel Rods Here."

How about "Shovel wasted tax dollars here."

People are so stupid.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In 2015 in the US, 88 million acres were used to grow corn for alcohol. That would grow a lot of groceries.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't like that either. We're encouraged to conserve and then have to pay for it.

Years back in a dry period BPA was having a tough time meeting demand. Ash us to cut back on power use and then up the price when we did.

Progress and technological advances should make things less expensive. Seems the government finds a way to make sure that never happens.

I'm doing my best get us away from fossil fuels by burning as much diesel as my F350 can process. I don't like the cold winters either so I'm pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere via my wood burning as well.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/31/16.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Seeing as how water vapor is present in the atmosphere in quantities vastly greater then CO2 and water vapor has a specific heat much larger than CO2, water is a far greater problem for trapping heat than CO2. Therefore, I'm doing my part in preventing global warming by reducing my sweating to the most minimal levels possible.

Politically, however, water vapor is impossible to tax and control while CO2 theoretically is so CO2 is what they're going after.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In this instance I support the Greenies...

Anything to do with Government, their favorite word is TAX. They can't milk the public out of enough of it.

Its ridiculous what they charge trucks in road use taxes annually. As alluded to by Pugs, its all what they decide to spend the money on, and where. They never seem to spend it out of the pocket that the tax money goes into.

It was under a Democrat, but there was a solution for some of this way back under the Roosevelt Administration. It was a depression, and instead of "Welfare", the WPA was created to put people to work, to earn money instead of sitting on their asses all day, 24/7 and getting high while playing video games.

How many people collect welfare in this nation now? They want money, give them a shovel and put them to work on our nations road system maintaining and rebuilding it. Lord knows there would be no shortage of manpower, looking at the welfare rolls, even when one considers the number of those (in the ghetto especially) that are collecting under 5 to 10 or more different identities weekly.

The damned government, state local and Federal gets way more than enough tax money, and how much goes into welfare?
For people who do nothing, produce nothing, and contribute nothing except a vote come election time.

Government needs to manage its money, instead of expecting the public to just keep shelling it out. And I know here in Oregon, people who get a job with the state here, act like their ship has come in and they just won the lottery.

Ever notice, especially with DemocRATS in office, that projects that need done and are long overdue, seem to get started right around election time? Before the last election, Obama spent $600,000 getting a couple of bus stops made and deluxed out here in town, right in front of the welfare office, the Adult and Family Services Office... ya know, where they hand out their Welfare to the non working classes.

As said, when are they going to come up with a reason to start taxing those who ride a bicycle, or taxing each pair of shoes you buy as a walking tax.... list never ends with these political AHoles.

Clowns waste 75 cents of every dollar they get and then cry that they are broke, and need more TAX Money.

When I was a kid, they had chain gangs in Virginia doing that kind of work. What the hells is the matter with that once again? All they do along those lines in Oregon, is have them pick up trash, along the road.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good roads is one of the only things I want from my government.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 1minute
Don't like that either. We're encouraged to conserve and then have to pay for it.

Years back in a dry period BPA was having a tough time meeting demand. Ash us to cut back on power use and then up the price when we did.

Progress and technological advances should make things less expensive. Seems the government finds a way to make sure that never happens.

I'm doing my best get us away from fossil fuels by burning as much diesel as my F350 can process. I don't like the cold winters either so I'm pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere via my wood burning as well.

Austin did the same in a drought in past years. BEGGED people to conserve water. They did. And then Austin ran low on money because of low water use thye asked for... upped the bills...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
For some strange reason, owners of hybrids are up in arms saying they shouldn't have to pay taxes to maintain the roads.
I doubt that is what they object to. Obviously, they are objecting to the state recouping tax in fuel they will not consume. How is that not just an inappropriate of a tax as any England levied on the colonies that sparked the revolution?

As usual, it's all a matter of whose bull is being gored.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I just hope all the happy little phag car drivers have a glorious Earth Day celebration.

Drive a cork in their ass and make them hold their breath all day.
Tofu and bean sprouts need taxed.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It's actually a road tax collected on fuel. If the don't pay it, the roads don't get fixed. Enough squawking and they'll drop it in favor of a mileage tax and we'll all have gps's in our cars keeping track of everywhere we go. I wonder how well they'll like that.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Good roads is one of the only things I want from my government.

Yeah that and control of the innanet.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
For some strange reason, owners of hybrids are up in arms saying they shouldn't have to pay taxes to maintain the roads.
I doubt that is what they object to. Obviously, they are objecting to the state recouping tax in fuel they will not consume. How is that not just an inappropriate of a tax as any England levied on the colonies that sparked the revolution?

As usual, it's all a matter of whose bull is being gored.

As noted though, the tax is for road repair, not because you use fuel so to speak.

It simply needs to be reworded a bit to keep up with the times, no one expected that an alternative to gas/diesel/propane was going to be burning other fuels to produce electricity to also power vehicles.

The all still burn energy even though its moot, it ends up being for the roads driven on, regardless of fuel type.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This is a case of moronic politicians encouraging energy savings, yet when the revenue slows, they re-adjust to keep the spigot flowing. The federal tax incentive to buy hybrids is still in effect - from $3600 to $7500 to be figured on your adjusted gross income.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 13 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,237
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.