-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think he bought an NXS for his heavy 7WSM, and an SHV for his Montana, though I might be mistaken.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I thought he said he was too poor to even afford rings after the first one...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I think he bought an NXS for his heavy 7WSM, and an SHV for his Montana, though I might be mistaken.

Yeah.. 5-22 NXS on the heavy 7 WSM and a 3-10 SHV on the Kimber.

IN no way do I want to derail this thread, because I'm "pretty sure" the SWFA would be very good on the Kimber.... but I'm really liking the SHV on mine. And it's not THAT much more $$. Just a thunk.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who makes a rail for the Kimber 84M? Was hoping to pick up a Seekins rail but no go.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SHV's suck ass.

[Linked Image]

Just checked the Mail.

[Linked Image]

Common Theme in these parts,to chop the rail into 2pcs.

6XC rail chop. Mullerworks contour dupe,a leetle shank reduction and 20" to the crown.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

6BR rail chop. Brux dupe at 20".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bartlein 6XC Montucky dupe will get the chop this weekend and LW's thrown offa fhuqking cliff.

The 6x MQ is a very BAD Bitch on a Montucky and conjoined with the Sig Kilo LRF,them 43 Mils of erector travel and extra 10 more on the windshield,are impossible to set aside.

Though in fairness,the Nightfarce 3-10x SHV does have a "whopping" 90 MOA on it's erector total and that SFP reticle is "awesome".

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Who makes a rail for the Kimber 84M? Was hoping to pick up a Seekins rail but no go.

Big Stick beat me to it, but here's a link:

http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=252&pg=1

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

NightForce makes a rail as well...

http://www.eurooptic.com/nightforce-stnd-kimber-84-short-action-1913-mil-std-20-moa-a322.aspx

Tried a 6x MQ on the ADI but its failure to track consistently and RTZ forced me to put a REAL scope on it to find it's true potential...

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

Tried a 6x MQ on the ADI but its failure to track consistently and RTZ forced me to put a REAL scope on it to find it's true potential...

[Linked Image]

There are so many things wrong with that picture, but at least you tried..
lol

Last edited by Nrut; 06/08/16.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nrut
lol

Top it....

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Originally Posted by Nrut
lol

Top it....

Can't..
Don't own a hose, let alone have running water..
Will see if I can catch some tuna next time I go to town..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The Montana and the 3-9 SWFA is the combo closest to perfection.

I'm taking my .223 Montana out this evening for hogs. We will see if it is a lucky combo.

TANSTAAFL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SHV's suck ass.

The 6x MQ is a very BAD Bitch on a Montucky and conjoined with the Sig Kilo LRF,them 43 Mils of erector travel and extra 10 more on the windshield,are impossible to set aside.

Though in fairness,the Nightfarce 3-10x SHV does have a "whopping" 90 MOA on it's erector total and that SFP reticle is "awesome".

Laughing!..................

I get that you've latched onto erector travel as your thing, to the point that you are adding shims everywhere (yuck) to get every last bit... but that's OCD silliness I won't get sucked into.

Even mounted flat the SHV on my Kimber gets me well past 1500 yards, which is a lot farther than I currently shoot that rifle, or plan to shoot it. Should that "limitation" ever become something holding me back, like "dang it, I'd be hunting out past 1500 yards with this featherweight 7 WSM if ONLY I had more [bleep] erector travel!", then I'll slap a 20 MOA rail on the sumbitch. Yeah, that ain't happening.

Liking the SHV very much; it's a great fit on a Kimber 8400.

I like the MOAR reticle quite a bit and I'm in a comfort zone with an F2 reticle. I concede that there's potential for critique there, though again, F1 isn't without compromises either. And this is a hunting rifle. If I was Joe Tacticool with my observer laying next to me with a mil spotting scope, sniping "movers" with my reticle subtensions at mixed ranges, in funky light, then sure. F1 rules the day. In a hunting scope I have decided that if a shot is long enough that I'm holding over (or dialing, actually), for me that means I'm getting into a very solid position, which takes time, which gives my habit of turning the scope up all the way an eternity of time to happen, which means I'm now on equal footing with an F1 guy except that my reticle is likely proportioned better (finer) for a long range shot anyway.

But I fully concede that maybe I'm wrong about that and in the fullness of time I hope to explore the F1 configuration.

By the way, the SHV does not suck ass. Great glass, great mechanics, great HUNTING scope with the capped turrets. Really digging it.

And EHG's picture is fücking hilarious. wink If it wasn't so buggy down there right now I think I'd join the party and toss my Kimber/SHV in the creek on my land with a couple of the little native cutt's laying on it. Rifles, in water, with fish = the new fence pole pic.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have one coming and will have another Montana shortly to put it on, so will add my $.02 shortly.

The SWFA 6x was not my thing, but love the 10's. IMHO Nightforce is never the wrong choice.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EHG,

I wonder how much taller the Nightfarce rail is,than the EGW 20MOA 1913? She looks a touch more proud and I'll always take increased ring spacing,when it's an option.

I get .385" measuring the rear rail's height,from the toppa the crown,which rides TDC on the receiver and across the slot flat's top.

It's a perpetual pisser,that NO Manufacturer does this schit right....................

Crow',

An OEM Montucky 223 is a seriously BAD Bitch and doubly so...if'n you score one with the RPM's to stabilize 75A-Max. Some do,some don't,even on the same day side by each one another in like atmosphere. Seen it.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Really didn't take all that long,to shoot that spout out. The rifle REALLY came into it's own with the Reupold setting on a shelf and the 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker connecting the dots. The LW's had to go away too,as I've puked too many of 'em. Actual use,is hard on Riggin'.

[Linked Image]

Even after the 1-8" Bartlein 270 spout install,the rifle stayed "lucky".

[Linked Image]

Seems to be hanging' in there,with some Illuminatti R&D too.

[Linked Image]

I'm thinking' they come "lucky" right outta da' box.................(grin)

Jeff ZERO,

It's always entertainger than fhuqk to get a "critique" by someone who can almost open a cardboard box of boolits by herself...ALMOST. Congratulations?!?

You'll never enter REALITY and will always be mired in your Inherent STUPIDITY,as a default. It's ONLY fhuqking funny because you are doing your BEST,though the only things you "shoot" are your Imagination and it's Pretend. FUNNIEST fhuqking part is,you don' even have a fhuqking CLUE how much erector remains on your POS SHV,mainly because you've never even shot it. Hint. Laughing!

Now it'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that any/all erector travel below zero is 100% useless. Read that again,now one more time. Rather enjoyed the oblivious hilarity of your SFP/FFP "experience" and the sweet "satisfactions" you garner via your "knowledge","experience" and "results". FUNNY schit and I mean fhuqking funny!

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,while your one and ONLY fhuqking "move" is to guess WILDLY. I may or may not have heard of the Montucky 7 Whizzum and I may or may not own a Trio. They may or may not wear different glass and they may or may not be equal.

As in Reupold 1" 6x42,Reupold Mk4 M1 10x and 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker...and mebbe even arranged in that order,when talking' right to left,3-deep into the herd. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Now the 6x42 Reupold simply has NO equal for eye-relief and ease of acquisition,but it do have 2/3rds of SHV erector travel. That's Sister's rifle and it's a straight up Booner Buster,so cain't change due to Poignant Posterity. She's killed more MAGNIFICENT Specimens with that rifle alone,than you have with every piece of fhuqking schit you've shot in your whole "life". Hint. Just sayin'.

The Reupold MK4 M1 Mildot ain't horrid,but straight Mildot reticles suck and the straight 10x's trite 30mm erector travel of only 90MOA is more than a touch disappointing. It tracks and repeats well,but fhuqking pales miserably in extrapolation to a "lowly" 6X MQ. Hint.

The 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker is simply a sensation,in that it has it all and then some(understatement). By default,them mechanical attributes grant it to do,what the others simply can NOT. If you shot even a smidge,you'd savvy...but THAT ain't fhuqking happening. Laughing!

10 Mils on the windshield in a static locale,is a fhuqking Game Changer,but at least you "get" to read about it. Laughing! That constant with another 43-ish Mils on the erector,grants opportunity that other systems simply cannot begin to touch. Hint. Now this too,will ONLY come as a "surprise" to you,but the noise,felt recoil and expense is IDENTICAL with a 10yd poke,as it is with a 2000yd poke. What AIN'T identical,is that which can be learned at distances beyond your Retard Range. The only way to get GOOD at shooting in the wind,is by shooting in the wind and as distances increase...so does the influences of same. Yes...I understand you just slapped your pointy forehead in that profound realization. Laughing!

If you shot 1/1000 as "much" as you "think" you "do",you'd be able to open your own palm sized cardboard boxes and have a first fhuqking clue about POA/POI correlations,but THAT ain't fhuqking happening either.

Bless your heart,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Here lemme fuel your Imagination and Pretend a smidge more.

[Linked Image]

GOOD Talk and I can't wait for you to "tell" me "more".

Laughing!

Wow +P++!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The only thing jeff0 dials is a gay chat 1-900 number every Saturday night...

Curious how many rounds his shv and nxs have seen thus far??? I guess enough in his imagination to declare victory.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hunting1
IMHO Nightforce is never the wrong choice.

Hard to argue with that. But Larry will! grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, erector travel below zero is useless, agreed.

Not gonna start beer-canning my scope bases to get rid of it, to replace it with equally useless erector travel way out past where I would ever shoot the particular rifle.

Not real interested in arguing stupid OCD shït so I'll let you have the last word.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The erector travel between your ears is useless....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
EHG,

I wonder how much taller the Nightfarce rail is,than the EGW 20MOA 1913? She looks a touch more proud and I'll always take increased ring spacing,when it's an option.

I get .385" measuring the rear rail's height,from the toppa the crown,which rides TDC on the receiver and across the slot flat's top.

It's a perpetual pisser,that NO Manufacturer does this schit right....................

Its right at .425" from crown to rail top... I'm running NF .885" rings... Thus far I'm happy with it being as choices are limited... I got a call in to Glen to see if he can offer a better deal and will let you know what's up...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'223,

Cardboard palm sized boxes,are farrrrrrrrr more "complicated" than folks believe.

Laughing!................

Jeff Zero,

You will NOT "start" shooting...fhuqking EVER. Though you've long Imagined and Pretended same.Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my solely citing facts,if only because facts fhuqking matter. It was REALLY "surprising",that you couldn't cite the remaining erector travel available,upon half of the two scopes you "use". Laughing!

A pard peenched my Heavy 270 today and checked a box with a 1360yd CBS poke,in swirlin' winds ala 105 Hornie HPBT at 2525fps. The nearly 3-second TOF only added to the humor and copious erector travel,prolly don't suck. Google it.

If/when you EVER "shoot" the turds you swoon,don't "forget" to lie about them some more. Mebbe dangle a pic of "all" that you've "done". Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

EHG,

Glen is a gas and be sure to tell him I said "Hey".

A steel low profile 1913 extended rail for Montuckys(84M/L's and 8400's),would be a MOST welcomed proposition. Ring spacing always rates a thunk and lowtitude is never not forgotten.

Would love to see a 50MOA inclination rail,as an opening move..................

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.