Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Boxer thanks for addressing specifics. Bullets certainly do a way of averaging and dialing makes strikes easier to spot, as per your painted in a corner comment, while doing away with parallax errors with off optical center sighting characteristic of hold over reticles.
Reading your stuff reminds me of the days 22 silhouette was hot during the 80s and the hot guns were 40x and Winchester targets. That was about the time when Volquartsen was starting up. Perhaps things are going full circle

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
BP-B2

F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
SUGAR TITS!!! That was 50 yards not 700yards.
You are truly a useless bitch tittied waist of a human skin (a stretched out skin). Post your 700 yard results. incessant teen girl attention grabs are a joke.

We know you like ss scopes already.
We know you lie like a three strike felon about how you can magically shoot and do the impossible daily.
You prove a great deal NOT posting anything even close to 700 yard results.
Most of all you waist the one chance a day that you could answer a reasonable question with reasonable answer on me. thanks.

Oh i also solved the question many ask,about just why guys on the fire stick up for you. It's quite simple you don't [bleep] with the mascot just like in school the biggest dumbfuckever puts on the costume and the whole team has his back. Sugar tits you made it to mascot congratulations

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Etoh
No one is saying they will "hang" with them in the contex of bench shooting. After 400 yds the random errors compound so fast your Annheiser doesn't give a distinctive advantage because of variables that are not controlled by the precision of the machine. If it's easier for you to do other wise that's great.

The guessing is on your side.

No guessing here, but I love how you think in terms of absolutes. Are you coming to these conclusions based on the Salvage, or have you shot a match rifle, extensively, at distance? First, you were shooting clays at 500, now 400 is full of random errors grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The rifles that shoot really well at closerange, surprisingly do well at distance grin

The first two pics below show a target that my bud made from angle. It's good for warming-up, testing rifle/ammo/shooter, etc. The thru-hole on the left is 1/2" in diameter. The 54 actions thread that needle with ease at 50 yards. The splatters, missed shots, were from a lightweight 10/22.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The steel chicken has been a good target for testing rifles/ammo at 100 yards. Seems "big" to some, but when it actually comes to hitting it over, and over, and over... the 54 rifles do it. Truth be told, I have a 10/22 bull that goes 10-for-10 grin

[Linked Image]

That performance at 50 yards and 100 yards, which are just tests and warm-ups, translates well to 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. I've not seen a Salvage or CZ shoot as well at any distance under similar circumstances.

Past 100-200, we generally shoot rocks, sticks, etc. but occasionally will hang a target. Here's one from 200.

[Linked Image]

I'm not denying the fact that wind kicks everyone's ass with a 22lr, but I've seen enough shots at 400+ to know that a 54 is hard to keep up with.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Boxer,

Every runt of the litter suffers extensively and you are no different. After months of never getting close enough to suckle even the last nipple, then getting pushed away from the solid food, has left you malnourished, short and retarded. I do appreciate your efforts to throw in a word or two that isn't vulgar, such as erectors, but even then it points to your midget wrestling background that still haunts you.

Keep the clueless references about Coke bottle glasses and your same old misspelling of your vulgarities, it at least keeps a few other fools listening to your same old diatribe with a bunch of puddle guns and fish that someone else left dead on the beach...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Whoa, good thing they outlawed dueling

The only thing new here is you. There is nothing new here. To use a quote from Keith, "Hell I was There"All this was done with rimfires during the 80s. We used to do all this stuff
at silhouette matches in Colo. NM, Utah, Ids.Ar. 22. Reg. For the kids, change distances for the hardcores. 22 pistol IMHSA and large bore and unlimited. 54s were harder to get then had/used one 40x , and a target Win. Various 10/22 before the shoot a banana clip craze was invented. Butler creek was still in Jacson hole , T/C, shot NRA bullseye all winter prepping for the Masters. Used a 357 max Dan Wesson 10" when they first came out./ 7/30 waters , stock , 7/08 unlimited. Have you ever shot shot 600 yards from a Creedmore, with irons?

Absolutes that's funny. Bench shooters. Let me be more explicit.
All things are possible, some things are more probable. The diminishing return to scales involving increases in product cost over marginal utilities gained in performance is lower than it was say 10 years ago. Out of the store guns, reloading stuff, scopes especially, are amazing. Boutique equipment is becoming less popular. Look at USO,on one hand and the Ruger precision rifle as contrasts., (or ss scopes)

Let's talk linerization. Let's assume we can ignore small variations in either time or space allowing us to linerize. Basically this inserts a equals sign into some set of conditions under discussion. This is basically what engineers do and why our school system teaches Euclidean geometry. (Measure twice cut once).
Move away from that a sec. And imagine each event being a transition state to the next. This transform allows us to examine our topic without being locked into presupposition about the outcomes of an event. It's possible to then use the probability of those events in transition states and manipulate them with computers and move to the next sequence in the event. Modified Markov chains (damn Russians). This can help us get a handle on The only absolute is there are no absolutes problem.,
If you want you can think of this as a solution algorithm for reading cross winds

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Sometimes I think more has been forgotten about shooting since the Internet than has been learned since its use.
Shooting sports have usually been if it works for you use it.
So if shooters saw something that worked in a competitive area, such as the 1911 in IPSC , it caught on everywhere. These areas use the net to communicate with each other and cross talk between disciplines is minimal

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
FYI

Area 52 has gone through 6000 fps with rail guns
And ATK has gotten the OK for hypersonic reentry tests this summer
And I can't even get good 22 shells.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
Do we have an interpreter around here?

No, but the ignore button works good.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Ding
Good answer center. Should be out shooting having fun.

IC B3

F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Do you still compete in rim fire silhouette.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The box says range 1 mile. You have to know that someone is going to try it on rabbits.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Mine say a mile and half

Fred if your talking to me -.no silhouette it died when Gates did and they couldn't decide who should run it. Great way to teach kids shooting .

Its current form is tactical precision 22 , much harder. UKD distance firing lines, lots of prone, high moa rails get you in trouble fast, standing with cover.

F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Yes Etoh. I see we have a local club that still has NRA rim and high power matches.

we have 500 meters at the range and it's a great place to shoot. The second the boy is big enough to shoot standing he will be competing.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
have fun

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those posts take the cake, Etoh.

Rail guns, Area 52, linerization, Markov, and dueling. Wow!

How about we just call it shot dispersion? Variables are system precision, range estimation, wind estimation, and ES/SD.

Last edited by 4th_point; 06/09/16.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Mmmmm I love cake thank you

Estimation - there you go guessing again.

It seems that the rail guns are tearing themselves up on shooting. The projectile is accelerating thru the firing sequence and the giga joules required to charge the capacitors is causing problems. Damn wanted to get one of these for the back of my pickup for prairie dogs.m

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
4th,

What BC are you using for the SK Std Plus?

Thanks

Brett
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Etoh,

There's far more Skookum Rifles in this World,than there are Skookum Shooters,as these Threads ALWAYS eloquently attest. Never not funny to give Window Lickers all the slack on the rope,they "think" they can handle and watch 'em wallow in their EPIC fhuqking Stupidity. Fredrica is on fire! Laffin'!

The 40X footprint is a far better route from which to eek Long Range Rimfire Potential,due the fact that inclined 1913 rails abound. That is not so for Winchester and putting good glass on them,with good inclination,is their bane. Anschutz is obviously THE prime candidate,due that advantage,as well as their mechanical excellence and fire control systems that are without peer. The Kimber Gubment Models might very well could be the most,for the least,as an extended 1913 inclined rail can go there,as 'fiable attests and the stocks have plenty of meat for Ergo Sculpting. Serious inclination and serious ring spacing,do serious favors. Hint.

I've never had much of anything VQ impress me and they are typically problematic from a reliability standpoint. Kidd has self-shucker triggers sewn up and killer barrels abound. I don't put much store in VQ's Fluff,if only because Results are the SOLE interest to me. Have yet to see a tang make a fhuqk,or threading barrels to receivers,as opposed to slip fittin' them. I've AMT's of each flavor and am happy to build on Ruger alloy,as I've got lotsa 10/22's and in more than a few flavors. McMillan or bust there,just like anything else.

The "dreaded" 3/8" AMT S/S integral dovetail tapered straddle D&T Expedition. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Had a purty good Rimfire Run the other day,but the wind is doing NO favors today.

[Linked Image]

There are LOTSA viable ways to hone skills and all of 'em involve pushing equipment and abilities and it's funnier than fhuqk to me,that ACTUALLY shooting is sooooooooo very daunting,for so many. Getta kick outta the excuses to boot!

It was a 3-Ring Fhuqking Circus getting the latest batch/LOT of JSB Exacts in my mitts,through Customs. It was worth the wait,due both the BC and the Precision. My Feinwerkbau 300S fhuqking LOVES 'em at 675fps,with ES/SD in the realm of fhuqking STUPIDLY low "variation".

I no more than got a fresh zero on the fresh Lot(45450016) at the 30yd line and opportunity arose. Never was any good at lingering.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Big Yella' HATES it when he hears a shot and there's no feathers to reel in and I sorta hate to do it to him,but he had to take one for the team there.

Matches made in Heaven and pun be intended. Sorted through multiple Lots of AM the other day,to source THE winner(1HG280) and procured in kind. I gun a 50yd zero upon most of my 22LR's,Niche Platforms excepted for specific pursuits of interest,such as Dedicated Crow Rifles and their Subsonic Stealthy Zero's,for Murdering a Murder. That's Marlin 39 Territory,due the 31 CB Shorts one can stoke in things that ain't a Mountie. Hint.

Anywhoo...with the fastest LOT of AM's in my favoritest 10/22 at 1260fps,one could not miss the small end of the Roundy-Round Whirly Gig at the 100yd line,even in a modest half-Mil breeze. It won't hang with a Liljee barreled version of same wearin' a KIDD 2-stage(3oz/3oz) and a McMillan Annie BR 50 handle if/when talkin' Range Queen Schit,but it's superior ergo's make it a better Utility Killin' Rifle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I can buy 22LR Ammo at the gas pump and a gallon costs about what 50rds do.

It's rough.

Laffin'!

Fredrica,

ALWAYS entertaininger than fhuqk,to hear what you are "gonna" do,as a hypothetical salve to your Reality. Congratulations?!?

Use as much Imagination and Pretend as you DARE...to find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the nano-second requisite,to rub your nose even further in your INCREDIBLE Fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. I'll make it look easy,mainly because it is. Re-hint.

Fascinating to me,that you felt compelled to Whine about a pic that had the yardage plainly stated upon it,as a Window Licking Trump Card. Now THAT is some seriously fhuqking FUNNY schit! Beings you are at the mercy of suffering your "experience","knowledge" and "results"...only someone as Fhuqking STUPID as you,would be incapable of connectin' inclination dots and factoring the padding requisite,for a 10/22 to reach the 700yd line. That in Theory alone,as Application do not lend the platform well to Extreme Range Rimfire Pursuits,by literal fhuqking esign. Hint. Should it help your Insecurities,be certain to "convince" yourself I don't have any 10/22's to extrapolate...you Brokedick Turd Polishing CLUELESS Fhuqk. Re-Hint. Laffin'!

Now you be CERTAIN to "convince" yourself of whatever it is you NEED to hear and be certain to report back on how well your Imagination and Pretend are "working" on them sweet "satisfactions". You "lucky" kchunt.

The ONLY thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination and it's funnier than fhuqk you feel compelled to obliviously "prove" same,with every trembling keystroke and sound emitted via your quivering lips.

Feel free to steal the pics,to put in "your" album,so you can at least say you've "seen" what you are Whining about!

GOOD talk.

Laffin'!

4th,

I may or may not have a 10/22 and may or may not have a 54.

The 54 may or may not STEAL the Fhuqking Show,ALL day and EVERY yday,by a margin that is difficult to fathom in it's non-lineal magnitude.

Or so I hear through The Grapevine.(grin)

Shrapnel,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that you got horned up. Again. Congratulations?!?

Funnier than fhuqk,when a Geriatric CLUELESS Coke Bottled Kchunt,holds her breath and stomps her itty-bitty feet,to give ALL things The Rifle an exceedingly wide berth. I "wonder" why that is?!? Hint.

Is this where you yet again lie to yourself and try to convince someone as Fhuqking STUPID as yourself,that you don't read my EVERY word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel?!? Oh my...you've quite the Imagination and oh sooooo much Pretend,you "lucky" kchunt.

Take notes,apply same and thank me later. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

centershot,

You don't wanna put Fredrica on Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you'd miss some serious side splitting oblivious HILARITY...as she does her best,with what INCREDIBLY fhuqking little she "has" to work with.

She's a mouthy JeffZero and "does" just as "much".

Bless her heart.

Laffin'!

'Chuck,

Good atmospheric conditions,coupled with a Skookum Rifle and fodder it favors...is tough on dissenters and how ALOTTA checks get cut. That in both Rimfire and Centerfire pursuits.

Seen it.(grin)

Have yet to ever shot with anyone,who didn't procure,build,load and shoot much differently than prior to the unfolding.

I'm GREAT for The Economy and even better for Results.

Hint.

Brett,

It's more slippery than most and I'd enter a G1 of .150,to get my toes wet.

What's the platform and application?

In current conditions with my 54's favorite fodder,100yds is a 5.5 Mil windage correction,with a G1 .138 BC at 1290fps.

The FWB 300S and 8.4gr JSB Exacts in the same condition,eat 37 Mils of correction at the 100yd line.

Perspective is often intellesting.(grin)

(Addendum: For them who ACTUALLY Shoot)

Was sniffin' while knockin' a pot of coffee in the head and saw that KIDD has a sale on their single-stage 10/22 triggers...with a $35-ish Clam chop. I was powerless in the refrain of a 1.5-pounder.

KIDD Rink

On a self-shucker I prefer single-stage,whether it 10/22 or Krunchenticker.

You've been led to water.

Hint.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.