Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I am interested to read any objective reviews from owners.
Thanks in advance.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Well I guess that settles that question! No one will own up to having one.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
tcp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had one of the original Model 48s in 300 WSM, synthetic stock version. It shot great with multiple loads. Great customer service as well- I had a minor problem with the stock that Nosler corrected at no charge.

I regret selling it, but wanted to build something custom....didn't turn out to be as good as the Nosler rifle.

If you can't be a good example, may you at least serve as a dreadful warning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've shot the synthetic version in 280AI. No complaints about the accuracy or function. However, Nosler, needs to opt for a different stock provider for the synthetic version. The wrist on the stock is WAY too thick. The guy I was shooting with at the time likened gripping the wrist of that stock to gripping the ankle of someone with elephantiasis. Not sure how he drew that correlation, but it was certainly a new way to embellish on the overly thick stock wrist.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wonder if the McMillan stocks for Howas will fit the Nosler 48?

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My shooting partner has one in 26 Nosler. It is usually good for three inch groups, but some go four. What a POS.

Anyone can make a bad gun; but the story doesn't end there. There's no warrantty center in Canada yet, and the importer doesn't seem to have any interest in sending it back to the states. He brought targets and his tale of woe to the Nosler booth at SCI and was basically brushed off.

I was enjoying telling him he should have just bought a Vanguard, but eventually quit that. I know that he's due to snap one of these days and don't want to be the one that pushes him over the edge. smile

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have two (one in 338 Win Mag) and the other in 26 Nosler. Both are lights out accurate. The 26 Nosler loves the 129 grain LRAccubonds. I killed a 8 in Goat last fall with it. The 338 shoots the 250 grain accubonds accurately.

They are worth the money. Both are very weather resistant. I am going to use different rifles this next year. However, I have different reasons for this.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JRS3
Wonder if the McMillan stocks for Howas will fit the Nosler 48?

A quick call to McMillan would answer that question.

My guess is yes. While Nosler will argue their action is designed exclusively for them, you can put the Nosler and Howa next to each other and not tell much if any difference.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I am interested to read any objective reviews from owners.
Thanks in advance.

Opinions vary and being a rifle-slut, this will definitely be subjective..........

No complaints here.

I won’t bore ya’ with the specs, as Google is yo’friend.
Had a couple Custom Sporters,

[Linked Image]

270 WSM - top
325 WSM - bottom

A fellow made me an offer I couldn’t refuse and the 270 WSM followed him home.

[Linked Image]

For several years the Custom Sporter in 325 WSM was my go-to hog thumper as shot minute of hoglet to 200 yards with the 200 gr. Accubonds.

[Linked Image]

Have not shot it much lately as I’ve become enamored with a Steyr Pro in 376 Steyr.

My latest Nosler rifle, which I picked up here on the fire’, pre-enjoyed, courtesy of J.G. Raider.

[Linked Image]

Nosler Patriot, 7mm-08 a two-fer, and a single trying to scoot @ 90 yds. Nosler 140 gr. Accubonds

[Linked Image]
Bravin’ a Texas Monsoon, this hoglet succumbed at 120 yds. To said rifle and load.

Sweet rifle, great trigger.

Shoots MOBC ( minute of boar coon) @ 120 yds.

[Linked Image]

So I’m three for three with the Nosler rifles. Your mileage may vary.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.