Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
First off, I don't own a Ford truck, nor do I own a Chevy- I came across this video on You Tube, and found it interesting. Are the Ford aluminum beds really this weak and flimsy? Wonder if their new 2017 aluminum F250 Super Duty trucks will also have aluminum beds?

Does anyone intend to make real trucks anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTm2F4ysQrE

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
GB2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Staged advertisements..Anyone can make anything do anything given enough takes.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The blocks they used were chosen for their shape and weight and for the effect on the Ford bed.

If somebody loaded like that on my truck there would be a big problem. It wouldn't matter what the truck was made of.

I have an old Chevy if you are wondering.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, because no one ever does stuff like drop a tool box by accident.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
Yes, because no one ever does stuff like drop a tool box by accident.

LOL. I doubt somebody dropping a wrench would have made a good commercial...

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
line-x is your friend

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Silly, worthless commercial.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Staged advertisements..Anyone can make anything do anything given enough takes.

Ford kicked General Malfunctions ass in a million ways with the new design. They are a bitt butthurt it seems. They can make Silverado Hoods out of aluminum and the new Caddies LOL .

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There's no way an "empty" tool box as they said would punch a hole in the aluminum bed.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Appears that the next generation of General Malfunction trucks will be aluminum

GM 2 years behind the times

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hopefully they worked the paint issue out on that aluminum. Friend of mine has an excursion and they have aluminum hoods and rear gates. They were repainted 2 times by the dealer before the warranty ran out and needs paint again on the back. I guess if u live in colder climates the aluminum in them starts to corrode and the paint just flakes off.

Last edited by k20350; 06/16/16.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by k20350
Hopefully they worked the paint issue out on that aluminum. Friend of mine has an excursion and they have aluminum hoods and rear gates. They were repainted 2 times by the dealer before the warranty ran out and needs paint again on the back. I guess if u live in colder climates the aluminum in them starts to corrode and the paint just flakes off.

Silverado has aluminum hoods do they have paint issues? How long ago have Excursions been built? 12 years ago i think the technology would be improved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just don't wreck one of the aluminum fords,a friend has waited 10 months to find a replacement bed for his ford. ford had no new ones to offer.

B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gwrench
The blocks they used were chosen for their shape and weight and for the effect on the Ford bed.

If somebody loaded like that on my truck there would be a big problem. It wouldn't matter what the truck was made of.

Was at our local building supply today, and checked to see if they had any round-edged building blocks- they were fresh out. Guess the Ford aluminum guys must have bought them all up.

They did, however, have a good supply of square-edged cinder blocks in stock........

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Chevy has probably been scrambling to gear up to make aluminum truck bodies ever since Ford brought them out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by dh84
Chevy has probably been scrambling to gear up to make aluminum truck bodies ever since Ford brought them out.

I just turned 1450 miles on mine, 24 mpg highway 19 city. 3.5 ecoboost 4Wd 3.55 locker

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Originally Posted by gwrench

Was at our local building supply today, and checked to see if they had any round-edged building blocks- they were fresh out. Guess the Ford aluminum guys must have bought them all up.

They did, however, have a good supply of square-edged cinder blocks in stock........

Going to laugh my ass off when Chevy comes out with one. That along with that abortion AFM should be quite the spectacle.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by k20350

All 3 of the big boys have been using aluminum hoods for quite a few years now... just sayin.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People crying "foul" and "irrelevant." The commercial is what it is.....shows how things that dent steel will punch a hole through aluminum. There's no big mystery to this. Maybe some would rather see a demonstration with construction blocks made of wood or foam? Or a lunchbox instead of a tool box. Whatever the brand name, I'd not want a pu truck bed made of aluminum.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ackman
People crying "foul" and "irrelevant." The commercial is what it is.....shows how things that dent steel will punch a hole through aluminum. There's no big mystery to this. Maybe some would rather see a demonstration with construction blocks made of wood or foam? Or a lunchbox instead of a tool box. Whatever the brand name, I'd not want a pu truck bed made of aluminum.

I always see cinder blocks dropped in 1/2 ton pickup beds with a bucket loader .

I'd not want a pu truck bed made of aluminum.

You will be relegated to driving old pickups then because lightweight materials will be required to meet the FEd Govt fuel economy mandates. Sidewalls of the box BTW are steel reinforced.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
122 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,835 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.