R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by RobJordan
There ain't one f'kin' way that this psycho SOB, (Rob) Jordan Funk, Esq., can HONESTLY state to the court that he can - without prejudice - deal with homosexuals as victims or parties to a case. No way in Hell.

Tell that to the homosexual clients I have had or to the acquaintances (albeit very few!) I have who are homosexuals? By your logic, neither Thomas Jefferson or Blackstone could serve as a justice on our Supreme Court and George Washington certainly could not serve as commander in chief.

This is not the first time you have expressed outrage at the philosophy on which this nation was founded and its condemnation of unnatural acts, which is why I think I am correct in identifying you, fundamentally, as a man of the Left.

Jordan

How cute - Robert Jordan Funk, Esq., picking and choosing posts to reply to.

A "man of the left"? You're a delusional, psycho bastard. If you can post your diatribes here, and then honestly represent or deal with gays you are either a liar in one or other context or have a multiple personality syndrome that is astonishing.

Leftist, eh? Not hardly, but keep deflecting from your post that seeks to justify the slaughter of dozens of innocent Americans.

You're insane, Robert (or Jordan, which ever is the hardline straight persona). You're in your manic phase and it shows.

The very fact you are now unhinged---calling me a "psycho bastard" for posting the philosophy of Jefferson and the Founders should tell everyone with the IQ of an ant that I've struck nerve. And that nerve is the fact that you are incensed because I've pointed out that on your premises Jefferson could not be a Supreme Court justice and Washington could not be commander in chief. If that does not define a Leftist, I don't know what does. But your anger should be directed at your espousing of Leftism not me.

You are also apparently incapable of comprehending simple prose. It is the philosophy of the Founders (and the foundation of western civilization) which I have cited and which condemns the mass killing of innocents. Likewise, it is the rejection of that philosophy which (which the homosexual rights movement does in spades) that makes the condemnation of those killings by anyone who agrees with that rejection (by agreeing with the premises of those who reject it) which constitutes the complete denial of any objective ground for condemning mass killings.

Yes, you are indeed a Leftist. Out of your own mouth. Deal with it.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/12/16.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It seems as though, throughout history, morality is what you foist upon others, not what you indict upon yourself. Oftentimes the most righteous and "moral" are anything but and even hardened criminals have their "code".

I certainly don't understand RJs premise? If you don't actively try to convert homosexuals (or punish them in absence of conversion) you can't condemn an ISIS terrorist because you're tacitly approving the decline of societal mores?

The post that started this thread has nothing to do with homosexuality per se. It has to do with pointing out that the premise which underlies the justification of that movement calls into question the very concept of nature as a basis of law and morality. In which case, the condemnation of this mass shooting by anyone who thinks homosexuality and their movement is a positive moral good, is pure hypocrisy.

Jordan

Mmmmmmmkaaaaayy.

Re: Apologists for homosexuality cannot condemn this shooting...

Sounds a lot like he's happy it happened and justifies it, eh? His posts only confirm this.

He's a complete nut.

Exactly the opposite. What did I write which states or implies agreement with mass killing? Everything I have said has been directed at establishing the validity of the objective basis for condemning it. It is you who give aid and comfort to mass killers by denying the existence of any objective reason to think mass killing is wrong.

Jordan

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The objective basis to condemn the killings is because it is wrong to kill innocent people. That's it!

Most people don't need to justify or rationalize their condemnation for the murder of innocent people. You, Rob Jordan, sound a lot closer in philosophy to an Islamic terrorist justifying his jihad, than a Jeffersonian scholar.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I certainly don't think homosexual behavior is moral, but I recognize that there are many aspects of heterosexual behavior that also isn't moral. My beliefs about homosexuality in no way condone hurting or killing them. I don't rejoice when fellow citizens are hurt, killed or deprived of their constitutional rights. If your allegiance is to ISIS or radical Islam you are NOT a fellow citizen, you are scum deserving of an excruciating death and swift judgement.

The sins of us all will be answered for on judgement day. Black, white, straight and gay we have the RIGHT to live our life in peace.
this

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by Huntz
Maybe there is payback on earth for Debauchery.Did not God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah for the sins of the wicked and depraved??That was a warning to the Sinners and maybe this is also.

[Linked Image]

I'll second that. Huntz's comment is one of most moronic things posted on this site.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OP is a retard.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Plato and Aristotle may have condemned homosexuality in their writings but it is pretty well known that mere buggery was not homosexuality to them. Homosexuality as they defined it was catching instead of pitching.

It was alright to bugger a ten year old boy, but best not open your back door.

The premise is faulty not because there is no divine authority, but because we cannot agree on what it is and what standards it promulgates.

For Christians it is the Bible. For Muslims the Koran. For the secular types, the rights of man. But there is no agreed upon standard no matter how much some Trotskyite Jew tries to argue there is. Western Civilization is Christian Civilization. There is no agreement for long between the secular and Christian. As the authority of God is removed, you get what you get.

Now that isn't to say that Christianity is right or true, but merely that it was the standard and in reality it was also the secular standard in the West. When it is explicitly rejected, we eventually end up here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know this will piss some people off, but folks who think homosexuality is perfectly moral conduct have no basis to condemn this shooting except on purely subjective and idiosyncratic moral grounds. Flame away!

Jordan

"Man is a social animal, and no one can secure what is desirable for himself except in partnership with others. According to Aristotle, if a man had all the health, wealth, freedom and power that he desired, but lacked friends, he would not even wish to live. But the root of all friendships, as it is the ground of the existence of the species, is that of a man and a woman. As nature is the ground of morality, the distinction of the sexes is the ground of nature. Nature---which forbids us to eat or enslave out own kind---is that which has within it the principle of coming-into-being. Mankind as a whole is recognized by its generations, like a river which is one and the same while the ever-renewed cycles of birth and death flow on. But the generations are constituted---and can only be constituted---by the acts of generation arising from the conjunction of male and female. The root of all human relationships, the root of all morality, is nature, which itself is grounded in the generative distinction of male and female.....Abraham Lincoln once said that if slavery is not unjust, then nothing is unjust. With equal reason it can be said that if homosexuality is not unnatural, nothing is unnatural. And if nothing is unnatural then nothing---including slavery and genocide---is unjust"

Harry V. Jaffa, Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question.

I presume you started this thread in response to the massacre in Orlando. Beyond that, I can make little sense of your post. There is no justification for this horrific act of mass murder and terrorism.

The Jaffa quote you posted is not only an example of a rhetorically incoheret argument plagued my numerous logical fallacies, particularly the naturalistic fallacy, it has absolutely nothing to do with the atrocity in Orlando. Rob Jordan, your post clearly evidences of your most insincere intentions. I had avoided responding to this thread for fear of feeding a shameless troll. I pity you and the suffering you celebrate in others.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I have never, ever believed in the concept of "hate crime". Is there then such a thing as a "love crime"? crazy The entire concept of "hate crime"---the agenda to label some crimes as hate crimes is nothing more than an attempt to marginalize conservative political and moral thought which happens to share an affinity with the so called "hate" which was the animus of a given crime against a protected group. In other words, the concept is intended to buttress the moral condemnation of anyone who thinks homosexuality is immoral
(for example) by equating the dislike of homosexuality which eventuates in the murder of a homosexual with the actual commission of that murder. It is clear that this liberal agenda has had considerable success with some here on the forum!

Ever notice how whites and conservatives are never the victims of hate crimes??? Why? Sadly, affirmative action and discrimination have made their way into the criminal arena.

Jordan

I seldom agree with you but this time you nailed it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
[/quote]

The objective basis to condemn the killings is because it is wrong to kill innocent people. That's it! [/quote]

Precisely. But what do we do with the philosophy that says some people are not "human beings"? Nazism held that Jews were sub-human---plague-bearing bacilli to be exact. Stalin believed that anyone who was counter-revolutionary could be dumped in a mass grave as if they were the mere by-products of a rendering plant. The movement in the ante-bellum south to justify chattel slavery as a positive moral good did so on the argument that blacks were not human beings---that there was no difference between a chair (a real chattel without a will of its own) and rational human beings who were as much possessed of free will as their putative slave masters. On what basis can we tell these purveyors of evil that their philosophies really are wrong?

Nature and reason tell us that a negro is a man, not an ox, or a hog and that a Jew is a human being, not a bacterium. And with the very same voice that they tell us these things, nature and reason also tell us that a man is not a woman and that the right ordering of sexual relations is between members of the opposite sex, not the same sex. Again, here is Jaffa:

"Man is a social animal, and no one can secure what is desirable for himself except in partnership with others. According to Aristotle, if a man had all the health, wealth, freedom and power that he desired, but lacked friends, he would not even wish to live. But the root of all friendships, as it is the ground of the existence of the species, is that of a man and a woman. As nature is the ground of morality, the distinction of the sexes is the ground of nature. Nature---which forbids us to eat or enslave out own kind---is that which has within it the principle of coming-into-being. Mankind as a whole is recognized by its generations, like a river which is one and the same while the ever-renewed cycles of birth and death flow on. But the generations are constituted---and can only be constituted---by the acts of generation arising from the conjunction of male and female. The root of all human relationships, the root of all morality, is nature, which itself is grounded in the generative distinction of male and female.....Abraham Lincoln once said that if slavery is not unjust, then nothing is unjust. With equal reason it can be said that if homosexuality is not unnatural, nothing is unnatural. And if nothing is unnatural then nothing---including slavery and genocide---is unjust"

Harry V. Jaffa, Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question.

The premises of the homosexual rights movement are identical with those of Nazism and chattel slavery: each claims that the authority of nature is no authority whatsoever. And my point---the only point I have stressed throughout this thread (apart from pointing out the hypocrisy of [people like 4ager) is that if the distinctions in nature are authoritative in condemning slavery and genocide, they are equally authoritative in condemning homosexuality and conversely, if the generative distinction between male and female is meaningless, then why not the distinction between Jews and bacteria or between hogs and negroes? You can't have it both ways.

Does any of this mean homosexuals should be denied their equal rights under the law? No, it only means that anyone who espouses the premises of their movement can condemn mass killings on only subjective, idiosyncratic (and ultimately) hypocritic grounds. That is the entire point of my original post.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/12/16.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nothing in the nature of man is "the ground for all reality". To believe so would be to believe that there is a harmonious state of primitive being where all is just and good and the relationship between the sexes is the basis for it. But aside from a short time in the garden, such a state has never existed in man. The natural state of man is sin, depravity, and violence, regardless of the nature of the relationship of the sexes.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
I don't give a f*** what those people did

They were innocent Americans who were killed by a psychotic justifying his actions with his religion.

And there is going to be more just like him in the future.

Yes, but notice your recognition of them as "people", as human beings. In recognizing their humanity as a basis for concluding they have rights which should be respected (the right not to be slaughtered like animals), you are implicitly acknowledging the distinction between the human and the non-human and your premise is that this distinction is morally authoritative. You would not be up in arms, for example (none of us would) if the shooter had killed a bar full of hogs, or cattle (even "gay" ones!).

So, if you recognize the distinction in nature between the human and the non-human as authoritative---as the basis of being outraged at the killings, then then how can you exempt from your moral position a philosophy which calls entirely into question the moral authority of nature? The distinction between the human and non-human is fundamental, but the distinction in nature between male and female is even more fundamental than that between human beings and hogs or cattle because nature itself has within it the principle of "coming-into-being". Homosexuality denies that this principle has any moral claim on their behavior whatsoever and on the premises of their argument they cannot claim that the distinction in nature between men and hogs should hold any moral authority for an Islamic fanatic hell-bent on treating "gays" as if they were hogs when they have called entirely into question nature and the law that is within it.

Jordan

Will you shut up....you're sick.

Gawd what garbage.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Scott F
I certainly don't think homosexual behavior is moral, but I recognize that there are many aspects of heterosexual behavior that also isn't moral. My beliefs about homosexuality in no way condone hurting or killing them. I don't rejoice when fellow citizens are hurt, killed or deprived of their constitutional rights. If your allegiance is to ISIS or radical Islam you are NOT a fellow citizen, you are scum deserving of an excruciating death and swift judgement.

The sins of us all will be answered for on judgement day. Black, white, straight and gay we have the RIGHT to live our life in peace.

You summed it up rather nicely.

I second that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry Rob, you just cemented your status as a fruitcake.

I mean honestly dude,....

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by kingston
I know this will piss some people off, but folks who think homosexuality is perfectly moral conduct have no basis to condemn this shooting except on purely subjective and idiosyncratic moral grounds. Flame away!

Jordan

I presume you started this thread in response to the massacre in Orlando. Beyond that, I can make little sense of your post. There is no justification for this horrific act of mass murder and terrorism.

Where did I ever state or imply that there was?

[/quote]

The Jaffa quote you posted is not only an example of a rhetorically incoheret argument plagued my numerous logical fallacies, particularly the naturalistic fallacy, it has absolutely nothing to do with the atrocity in Orlando. Rob Jordan, your post clearly evidences of your most insincere intentions. I had avoided responding to this thread, for fear of feeding a shameless troll. I pity you and the suffering you celebrate in others. [/quote]

Please prove that it is rhetorically and logically incoherent and plagued with fallacies, including the naturalistic fallacy. If the argument is correct, it has everything in the world to do with establishing a non-relative ground for condemning evil, of which mass killing is a prime example.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Nothing in the nature of man is "the ground for all reality". To believe so would be to believe that there is a harmonious state of primitive being where all is just and good and the relationship between the sexes is the basis for it. But aside from a short time in the garden, such a state has never existed in man. The natural state of man is sin, depravity, and violence, regardless of the nature of the relationship of the sexes.

Respectfully, you've wholly misunderstood the argument First of all, the argument is not that "the nature of man is 'the ground for all reality'. Secondly, the argument does not imply a "harmonious state of primitive being where all is just and good". You mention "sin"--the argument I am making is non-sectarian. The history of human kind is indeed the history of depravity of violence as it is also often-times the history of courage, valor, justice and love. The issue is whether there is a non-relative basis to distinguish the latter as preferable to the former and if so, what is that basis?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There ain't one f'kin' way that this psycho SOB, (Rob) Jordan Funk, Esq., can HONESTLY state to the court that he can - without prejudice - deal with homosexuals as victims or parties to a case. No way in Hell.

Tell that to the homosexual clients I have had or to the acquaintances (albeit very few!) I have who are homosexuals? By your logic, neither Thomas Jefferson or Blackstone could serve as a justice on our Supreme Court and George Washington certainly could not serve as commander in chief.

This is not the first time you have expressed outrage at the philosophy on which this nation was founded and its condemnation of unnatural acts, which is why I think I am correct in identifying you, fundamentally, as a man of the Left.

Jordan

How cute - Robert Jordan Funk, Esq., picking and choosing posts to reply to.

A "man of the left"? You're a delusional, psycho bastard. If you can post your diatribes here, and then honestly represent or deal with gays you are either a liar in one or other context or have a multiple personality syndrome that is astonishing.

Leftist, eh? Not hardly, but keep deflecting from your post that seeks to justify the slaughter of dozens of innocent Americans.

You're insane, Robert (or Jordan, which ever is the hardline straight persona). You're in your manic phase and it shows.

The very fact you are now unhinged---calling me a "psycho bastard" for posting the philosophy of Jefferson and the Founders should tell everyone with the IQ of an ant that I've struck nerve. And that nerve is the fact that you are incensed because I've pointed out that on your premises Jefferson could not be a Supreme Court justice and Washington could not be commander in chief. If that does not define a Leftist, I don't know what does. But your anger should be directed at your espousing of Leftism not me.

You are also apparently incapable of comprehending simple prose. It is the philosophy of the Founders (and the foundation of western civilization) which I have cited and which condemns the mass killing of innocents. Likewise, it is the rejection of that philosophy which (which the homosexual rights movement does in spades) that makes the condemnation of those killings by anyone who agrees with that rejection (by agreeing with the premises of those who reject it) which constitutes the complete denial of any objective ground for condemning mass killings.

Yes, you are indeed a Leftist. Out of your own mouth. Deal with it.

Jordan

Far from unhinged, you schizo nut; just IDing Robert Jordan Funk, Esq., as a nut job.

Mission accomplished.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The objective basis to condemn the killings is because it is wrong to kill innocent people. That's it!

Non nut cases understand this.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Precisely. But what do we do with the philosophy that says some people are not "human beings"? Nazism held that Jews were sub-human---plague-bearing bacilli to be exact. Stalin believed that anyone who was counter-revolutionary could be dumped in a mass grave as if they were the mere by-products of a rendering plant. The movement in the ante-bellum south to justify chattel slavery as a positive moral good did so on the argument that blacks were not human beings---that there was no difference between a chair (a real chattel without a will of its own) and rational human beings who were as much possessed of free will as their putative slave masters. On what basis can we tell these purveyors of evil that their philosophies really are wrong?

Nature and reason tell us that a negro is a man, not an ox, or a hog and that a Jew is a human being, not a bacterium. And with the very same voice that they tell us these things, nature and reason also tell us that a man is not a woman and that the right ordering of sexual relations is between members of the opposite sex, not the same sex. Again, here is Jaffa:

The premises of the homosexual rights movement are identical with those of Nazism and chattel slavery: each claims that the authority of nature is no authority whatsoever. And my point---the only point I have stressed throughout this thread (apart from pointing out the hypocrisy of [people like 4ager) is that if the distinctions in nature are authoritative in condemning slavery and genocide, they are equally authoritative in condemning homosexuality and conversely, if the generative distinction between male and female is meaningless, then why not the distinction between Jews and bacteria or between hogs and negroes? You can't have it both ways.

Does any of this mean homosexuals should be denied their equal rights under the law? No, it only means that anyone who espouses the premises of their movement can condemn mass killings on only subjective, idiosyncratic (and ultimately) hypocritic grounds. That is the entire point of my original post.

Jordan

Ah, so you defend this by claiming that the dead gays were not innocent, therefore it was acceptable for a radical Muslim terrorist to kill them.

Yep, you're a nut case.

Last edited by 4ager; 06/12/16.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

257 members (16penny, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 35 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,171
Posts18,465,364
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.