-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard somewhere that the police tried to make entry thru the walls.

That couldn't have been silent or quick. Anybody else hear that.?

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard the bad guy was running out with the people he was holding ......bang flop...well lots of bangs ..then the flop!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
That reports tells us nothing.

Travis

Totally agree. What jorge1 put up about the sheriff's statement tells us some, but even that is just preliminary.

At the end, was the 3 hours productive? In any mass shooting, has a lengthy wait been productive?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think one of the spokespersons said some of the escapees said the killer had something strapped to his body, as in it could have been a bomb. Turned out not to be the case, but if true I am sure that had to have given them much pause in deciding what to do, and when.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Police say no shooting was happening during the 3 hour standoff, and they were removing the wounded from the building.

However.. one person who was texting his mom during the standoff was found dead at the end. So...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...spired-terrorist-detailed-by-police.html

Mateen, armed with a handgun and long gun, began his deadly spree around 2 a.m., engaging in a gun battle with a uniformed off-duty officer working security at the club’s entrance before he started shooting club patrons, wounding 53 in addition to the dozens killed, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said. Additional officers quickly responded, forcing Mateen to retreat into a bathroom with about four or five hostages while authorities rescued “dozens of injured and non-injured” from the dance floor and lounge and bar area, Mina said.

In the bathroom for about three hours, Mateen called 911 to pledge his allegiance to ISIS and engaged in unproductive negotiations with police. Mateen claimed he had a bomb vest and explosives, Mina said, though authorities have not said either of those supposed ordinances was ever found.

“He was cool and calm when he was making those phone calls to us,” Mina said.

Negotiations were mostly one-sided as police tried to resolve the assault without further loss of life.

“He really wasn’t asking for a whole lot and we were doing most of the asking,” Mina said.

There were no shots fired during the time Mateen was in the bathroom, Mina said. However, at least one of the hostages, who had been texting his mother, was later discovered among the dead.

Authorities came to believe “further loss of life was imminent” around 5 a.m., prompting a rescue operation that involved an explosive breach of the bathroom wall. But the explosion did not penetrate the wall completely, so an armored SWAT vehicle known as a BearCat was used to puncture a three-foot wide hole in the wall, about two feet off the ground, Mina said.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm just spitballing here, but I'm betting there would have been a lot less dead if we didn't import Taliban parents with male children.

YMMV

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm just spitballing here, but I'm betting there would have been a lot less dead if we didn't import Taliban parents with male children.

YMMV

Don't forget that in the recent San Bernardino massacre, one of the murderous Muslim terrorists was a woman.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Could this be classified as a 'Fuster Cluck'??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It sounds to me that the situation went from an active shooter to a hostage situation, where the negotiation team was in contact with the shooter I don't know anyone who would have broken that communication to send in an entry team if they thought thought negotiations would continue and end without further blood shed.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Police say no shooting was happening during the 3 hour standoff, and they were removing the wounded from the building.

However.. one person who was texting his mom during the standoff was found dead at the end. So...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...spired-terrorist-detailed-by-police.html

Mateen, armed with a handgun and long gun, began his deadly spree around 2 a.m., engaging in a gun battle with a uniformed off-duty officer working security at the club’s entrance before he started shooting club patrons, wounding 53 in addition to the dozens killed, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said. Additional officers quickly responded, forcing Mateen to retreat into a bathroom with about four or five hostages while authorities rescued “dozens of injured and non-injured” from the dance floor and lounge and bar area, Mina said.

In the bathroom for about three hours, Mateen called 911 to pledge his allegiance to ISIS and engaged in unproductive negotiations with police. Mateen claimed he had a bomb vest and explosives, Mina said, though authorities have not said either of those supposed ordinances was ever found.

“He was cool and calm when he was making those phone calls to us,” Mina said.

Negotiations were mostly one-sided as police tried to resolve the assault without further loss of life.

“He really wasn’t asking for a whole lot and we were doing most of the asking,” Mina said.

There were no shots fired during the time Mateen was in the bathroom, Mina said. However, at least one of the hostages, who had been texting his mother, was later discovered among the dead.

Authorities came to believe “further loss of life was imminent” around 5 a.m., prompting a rescue operation that involved an explosive breach of the bathroom wall. But the explosion did not penetrate the wall completely, so an armored SWAT vehicle known as a BearCat was used to puncture a three-foot wide hole in the wall, about two feet off the ground, Mina said.

If that's the dude who's mom has been on the radio it sounded to me like she got the texts at the onset of things

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There's hot coffee and donuts to be consumed, can't let the goodies get stale....the shooter isn't going anywhere, he'll run out of ammo eventually and then SWAT can wrap themselves in the U.S. flag as they rush in and gun him down....

(heavy sarcasm)

Your lives are expendable as long as the shooter has ammo.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
If that's the dude who's mom has been on the radio it sounded to me like she got the texts at the onset of things

That could be, I've read conflicting things on it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
There's hot coffee and donuts to be consumed, can't let the goodies get stale....the shooter isn't going anywhere, he'll run out of ammo eventually and then SWAT can wrap themselves in the U.S. flag as they rush in and gun him down....

(heavy sarcasm)

Your lives are expendable as long as the shooter has ammo.

Nope thats not the case at all. At least not where I'm at.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Hard to imagine sitting outside for hours while listening to shots being fired inside. Heck, it's hard to imagine sitting outside for minutes listening to shots being fired...

If I stop shooting, am I an Active Shooter?

Dave

How many bled out and died while OPD nutted up?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
looks like rebar reinforced concrete block walls.
appears like the rat holed till the found a soft spot.
and just to point this out, but, people who have been shot at tend to strap on gear next time.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Interesting, if not just (understandably so) heat-of the-moment confusion.

"Eye Witness Says TWO SHOOTERS & Exit Door HELD SHUT"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some of you might want to read some of the previous posts regarding the operation, before you go buffooning it up with jokes ragging on the officers involved..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I am just guessing but I think we will see a protocol change for active shooter situations...more of a shift towards ending it immediately with extreme prejudice.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I don't know anyone who would have broken that communication to send in an entry team if they thought thought negotiations would continue and end without further blood shed.
If they knew the shooter was islamic, that this is Ramadan, and that the bar was gay, they were either idiot demoncraps or wanted to see a higher death toll.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Their was homosexual blood all over the place and no government employees were willing to risk it. Do they make bullet proof hazmat? If not, I woulda had a stomach ache myself.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.