B
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

. . . and if I wanted to hunt Colorado as a NR:

Moose = $2,084
Mtn Goat = $2,084
Rocky Bighorn Sheep = $2,084
Desert Bighhorn = $1,389

So, exactly why are you here bitchin'?

That isn't exactly the same thing. Those species are in very low numbers and it takes numerous years to acquire the enough preference points to even think of applying.

Some of what AKFG did was to placate the residents who have complained bitterly over the years about the numbers of NR's who come up and hunt Dall Sheep.
Even when doubled the lic/tag is a small percentage of the total cost.
Its a "pay to play" system.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I've still got 10.5 months until I'm no longer NR frown but plenty of game available without tags too smile

And fishing license didn't go up either.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
um, fishing will go up...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Moose = $2,084
Mtn Goat = $2,084
Desert Bighhorn = $1,389

That isn't exactly the same thing. Those species are in very low numbers and it takes numerous years to acquire the enough preference points to even think of applying.

Some of what AKFG did was to placate the residents who have complained bitterly over the years about the numbers of NR's who come up and hunt Dall Sheep.

Doubling the cost of a sheep tag won't slow a NR down in the least. You hit it on the head, its minor in the scheme of a guided hunt..... my buddy did a bit of helping on some hunts and the folks he was helping then only charged him 10K to shoot a sheep. Compared to other costs it was a good deal. But 10,000 for a hunt and more, even an extra 1000 for a tag won't make a difference.

Even with Carolyn and I hunting on the cheap, partner airfair, borrow a truck, pay for fuel to drive to an area and ATV fuel, the tag increases simply mean we won't buy as many trinkets to take home, and may as well not as we'll be living there in a few years anyway and home will be there not here...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The list shows for NR annual fish it's still $145 next year. For Res it is going up a few bucks though.

Last edited by Wahnsinn; 06/16/16.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I do the 14 day NR fishing. It's now $80---2017 it's $105, I think.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ah, I didn't look at annual.... just partials as we aren't lucky enough to be there year round yet and unfortunately normally not more than 14 days...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Ah yes, the shorter ones did go up.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sounds like a good reason to make more time for up here, just think of the value you'd be getting from an annual license grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
no doubt. Not enough vacation. Hence semi retire early in a few years and risk it all if we can afford to buy insurance...

Causing me to hate my daily job worse and worse every day.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
---Wife likes to fish for reds on the Kenai. We have a cabin there, go every year. What has change is going to Homer for a halibut charter, don't do that as much. It still is on the bucket list to catch a big old barn door. The other bucket list is a grizzly, hopefully in 2017.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A few things chap my ass on this deal.

Low income still stands at $5. Bullsheet if you ask me. The working fella has to pay $94 for his hunt/trap/fish+ king stamp and the guy sitting on his hands gets off at $5?

Second is what are we going to get in return for our increased $ we pay in? If we pay more, we should get more, right? I bet it'll just end up going into government coffers and we'll end up getting cut back MORE, with no increased gain for our $. Just my opinion of seeing the state do some pretty crazy stuff with fish.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
well, one side says, just like we need more salary to keep up with things, every now and then fish and game should need more to keep things status quo so to speak.

But how .gov operates never ceases to amaze me.

a local example, not even fish and game but .gov, guy has a 4th child and no raise. Gal thats not married adopts one. Gets a raise. Adopts 2 more gets another raise. Then gets a raise on top of that.

Just flat azz amazing.

So you may well be correct. More money may well mean even less services.

I'm glad I bought a lifetime license in TX years ago. 800 was well spent. Even still valid when we move north and are then TX NR hunters.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If Hilly wins, it'll all be free or banned. So get in while you can and get an extra chest freezer.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fees for state services are by & large going up

There's budget shortfalls

NR tags & license increases are a no brainier for those in Juneau. The increases make some residents happy & the folks effected by the increases don't vote here. Win win for Juneau politicians that lack the brains & or balls to rein in spending to sustainable levels

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Moose = $2,084
Mtn Goat = $2,084
Desert Bighhorn = $1,389

I find it interesting people think its OK for a state government to set the price of a game tag at an unrealistic amount because there ONLY a few of the animals to be harvested.

The tags are limited to a number deemed acceptable by DNR, so why price them out of reach of the retired, kids or low income people.

Last I heard you couldn't put a scope on a muzzle loader in CO. I guess the state feels its Ok to discriminate against people with poor eyesight too. My fathers side of the family live in CO.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If tag fees are used for anything other than fish and game use its nuts.

but it does happen.

IIRC TPW is funded by other funds also obviously, since TPW does more than just game and fish, but its also noted that any tag fees and the like can go NO other place... which is a bit of peace of mind at least.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you want to bitch about tag price, California Resident Hunting and Fishing license and tags are almost as much as Alaskan NR licenses and the success rate is only around 10% on Deer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by coyote268
If you want to bitch about tag price, California Resident Hunting and Fishing license and tags are almost as much as Alaskan NR licenses and the success rate is only around 10% on Deer

Exactly

Go over to POW and you could fill as many deer tags as you have money for as a NR. With quality deer too.

It's still cheap IMO

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
quick google at least showed us for NR here in tx at 315. Of course you get all hunting, except trapping, 5 whitetail and 2 mule deer and 4 turkey tags with that as I recall.

but you ain't hearing me complain, other than my normal complaint, seems everything but salary goes up, but thats my fault for a stupid job choice, from the desire to remain rural.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 1,215 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.