Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What's the story on this! My mpg is 2.5-3 mpg better in the mountains pulling my 7000 lb trailer and hill climbing is by a margin better and very noticeable.

What's in this stuff? It's about 20 cents a gallon more then regular diesel

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.shell.ca/can/en_ca/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-v-power-diesel.html

It looks like it has an "advanced" adative package improving the Cetane rating, etc. They don't list the actual Cetane rating, but I'm pretty sure 40 is the minimum specified for North American fuel.

I'd certainly be a consumer of premium diesel fuel if it was consistently available and labeled in a meaningful way.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Google says added detergent package. Most good retailers also use an additive in their deisel. I wonder if the Canadians have the ULSD. The removal of sulphur made the fuel lighter, reducing BTU/gal, along with several other bad effects.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I would pay 20 cents a gallon more every day for this fuel. It's a noticeable difference.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So what additive in the states can I add to get the equal or close to this V power diesel?

I miss it already! That's really great fuel!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Betting your mileage increase was not hand calculated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is the sulphur content of the fuel. When we went to <15 ppm sulphur the fuel became lighter per gallon, losing btu/gal, =less mpg and a reduction in performance for engines that cannot compensate (mechanical pump). In the US most diesel sold is unbranded, it is sold at a branded station but the diesel pumps are not marked with a brand name. This fuel is just a basic commodity, and is not treated unless the vendor adds treatment at the loading rack, or puts it in the tank before dropping the fuel in. Winter anti-gel, cease boosters, lubricity improvers, anti-algae agents are included in the package that should be added, but often are not.

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You would lose that bet!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No joke it's a gimmick. My cousin hauls gas/fuel and he said if the mixing machine is broken at the loading rack for these "additives" for the name brand stations (BP,Shell,etc) they pour a 5 gallon bucket in the tank at the gas station of the additive. So 5 gallons of additive into 9000 gallons of fuel. Must be some pretty potent stuff............. He always says people comment on how this fuel or that fuel from a brand runs better in their car or pickup. He says whatever makes u feel better cause it comes off the same damn boat. Dillonbuck is very correct with the branded/unbranded it correlates with what my cousin tells me. Also mid-grade gas u can also be ripped off by. Only at least in his region 93 octane and 87 octane are available and the "mid-grades" are mixed at the pump. So basically your at the honesty of the station owner.

Last edited by k20350; 06/16/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our summer fuel treatment is 1 quart/k. The antigel is 2x that. We dump and it mixes with the fuel being dumped. I cant really test this stuff, but we offer a guarantee if you gell up. The stuff costs us several cents/gal, I think $2K for a drum.

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Shell is a badazz company. Pretty simple. grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
in the states , try Optilube or Stanadyne performance formula in plain ol #2 fuel

dont think you will consistently see the kind of results you are talking about now , but I do think a good additive will more than pay for itself in a common rail motor....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 48 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.