Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Over the years I've acquired some pretty awesome Winchesters but as I was going through the gun safe today I realized I never use them. I am torn between just selling all of them including the Pre 64 featherweight 264 win mag, the pre 64 featherweight 270 that I just bought, the model 12 12 gauge and the model 94 .30WCF. I also have Roger Rules book and quite a bit of ammo and brass for the 264.

If I sell it all would it be better to just sell it all as a package or sell each piece individually? Talk me down off the ledge or push me off of it. I am just trying to organize everything and that includes getting rid of a lot of stuff.

If it's all right with you guys I may get some pictures up to help get a better understanding of value before I make a decision. I've always placed a value on the opinions posted in this forum and I know y'all won't steer me wrong

Thanks guys

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Pre 64 264 Win Mag featherweight...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More when I get to the house...

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice heater but I only do half of your original question.............. Collect em and "HUNT THE HELL OUTTA EM!" is what I do. smile

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you sell them, you will probably get more by sell them one by one vs selling as a lot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let me know if you want to sell the Rules book...

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Levers
If you sell them, you will probably get more by sell them one by one vs selling as a lot.

This.

I can't imagine getting more as a package. That 270 FWT will certainly sell quickly, if priced right. In fact, I would buy it back from you for what I sold it for.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Sell them individually for the greatest return. I sold all of my pre-64's a few years ago. I kept the nicest action, a '56 standard .270 that shoots well as is but is slated to become a custom rifle in the fullness of time. Frankly, I enjoyed the proceeds of those sales more than I enjoyed the thought of those rifles sitting in my safe.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Model 94 30WCF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roger Rule book...

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I don't have a lot any more but i am keeping what I have and continuing to hunt with them.

Not that I really ever stopped. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't panic, the feeling will pass.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure what they are worth, but I'd be interested in discussing the 264 if you decide to sell.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Keep em.. Use em. Enjoy.. They will make no more, and you are making money each day..

Molon Labe
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Sell them individually for the greatest return. I sold all of my pre-64's a few years ago. I kept the nicest action, a '56 standard .270 that shoots well as is but is slated to become a custom rifle in the fullness of time. Frankly, I enjoyed the proceeds of those sales more than I enjoyed the thought of those rifles sitting in my safe.

I appreciate the stocks I bought from you because of your selling off your pre 64's too... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Drummond, hopefully you will come to your senses. Whichever that direction may be. I agree with the others that said to sell them individually. You'll get more money from them that way. If you want more money, don't sell them to your buds here. Go to gunsinternational or gunbroker and let the ego maniacs bid the price up on them... laugh

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Drummond, I have a question. Are you thinking about going to 1 do it all rifle or a 3 rifle battery or something like that? If you could only have 1 rifle, what would it be???

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Drummond, I have a question. Are you thinking about going to 1 do it all rifle or a 3 rifle battery or something like that? If you could only have 1 rifle, what would it be???

I have other rifles that have more sentimental value to me because my dad gave them to me. Right now I'm thinking I'll keep the following:

223 Tikka Superlite
243 Remington 700 ADL
25-06 Remington 700 in Bansner stock
270 XTR Featherweight
7-08 Kimber Montana
280 Ackley Kimber Montana
300RUM Remington 700
45-70 JM stamped Marlin guide gun

This will cover me for the rest of my life and then some. I may sell some of these as well but for now I'll sell the rifles I don't ever use or see myself using and I may sell the 280 Ackley and the Marlin as well.

To answer your original question about 1 rifle I just don't know. That little 7-08 can "do it all" but so could the 270. I don't see myself going to just one rifle but I certainly don't need all I have in the safe. It's a bit ridiculous at the moment

Last edited by huntsonora; 06/19/16.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Gotcha, just had to test your "looney" status... laugh

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So if I list these on GB or Guns International do I need to set a reserve or how does that work?

I certainly don't mind giving guys here first right of refusal if I decide to sell them. I like the people here and I think they respect what they are. I'd rather sell to somebody that will keep them original. Any thoughts on pricing them? I'll start with the two featherweights

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
When I list on GB, I have a starting price. That price is the minimum I'd accept for the rifle: The no haggling price so to speak. From there, it should go up. Just depends on who's watching it, how many beers they've had, how late at night it is, and who's go the biggest ego and wallet... laugh The best thing to do as far as pricing them goes, is find someone that has a good rifle values book. I use the red book of Winchester values, as it is a very good example of "real world" values. This keeps you from getting burned. I also don't pay attention to what I paid for the rifle, but what it's actually worth. I know what you paid for many of your rifles, but that doesn't mean you can't sell them for more than what you paid. wink . This forum is also a great place for this kind of stuff to come up for discussion. You can ask us what we think the value is for each rifle if you want. Some of us may be high, some of us low if we don't regularly frequent gunshows or watch GB for final sales prices.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Don't get me wrong, I've passed on a few good deals to some buddies here on this forum and that can be rewarding in itself. Even more so than wads of money in the wallet..... laugh

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,841 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,707
Posts18,456,861
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.