Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by kingston
I can't stand Lebron James.

Who dat??

L.W.

Was one of the main attractions at the Cincinnati Zoo until here recently I think.

LMAO laugh

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
I'm not a fan
But then again
I don't see his name mentioned in shootings, drugs, or other thug activities

He doesn't get enough credit for that either.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What little interest I had in the NBA was totally quenched when they finally admitted that they charge fouls to the wrong players to keep the stars in the game. While the players are athletes, no doubt, the games are about as straight as harness racing.

I'm almost out of patience with the NFL as well, with all their touchy-feely inclusionary crap and pink cleats.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You might not like him, but he's a whole lot better then that Steph Curry wannabe a basketball player.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't see much except some highlights but have to admit that in them LeBron seemed to be the man among boys on the floor.

I did bandwagon the Mavericks when Dirk N. was on his roll a few years back. Guy was playing in another world at the time.
Swept Lakers and made Kobe cry then outclassed LbJ in every way. Pretty sweet and a deserving champion.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A human being don't look like LaBron without pharmaceutical assistance... wink

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I can't stand Lebron James.

Oh c'mon..... smile

I know he's no Michael, nor Bird,nor Hondo, nor Russel, nor Oscar, nor Baylor, nor West.....nor..........

And he plays in a diluted league with diluted talent and the league is not what it used to be.

But they are still pro's and he really is a good player,even if sort of spoiled.

If the Cavs had played against Michaels' Chicago or Birds' Celtics there would never have been a 7th game.

But LeBron is still pretty good. He's just like most things today from moral standards to the quality of the leadership...uninspirational, and somehow....lacking. Under achieved and over paid.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

LeBron is a phenomenal individual talent, he can pretty much put a team on his back and win games.

What he isn't is a good team basketball player. Jordan, Bird etc, all were equally talented individually, but you couldn't stop their TEAM cause if you focused on them, they'd just burn you with team play, passing etc.

You stop LeBron, you stop his team.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I don't like or dislike him and rarely watch NBA, but I caught the latter part of game 7 last night as I was going through the channels. And I saw him play in Cleveland live a few times in the mid 2000s when he came up from high school. I was working in Cleveland at the time and company had tickets so it was a freeby.
Say what you want about him, but he can play basketball and he carried a good team to beat one of the best teams ever in the NBA.
Compare him to Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilt, etc if you like.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
I can't stand sports so I'm all good on issues like this.

Good, we're happy you weighed in - the entire campfire was on pins and needles awaiting your "hate-for-sports" response.

If you were a trophy deer, you'd be slain on opening day due to your inherent predictability.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06

Say what you want about him, but he can play basketball and he carried a good team to beat one of the best teams ever in the NBA.

Yep. I can take him or leave him but there's no denying he's got skills.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And WILL.

And the courage to acknowledge, and take active responsibility for, his own tremendous talent.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane

Agreed.

They did not cure cancer though......by the way some of them talk and act you might think they did something really important....

Last edited by centershot; 06/20/16.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I can't stand sports so I'm all good on issues like this.

Good, we're happy you weighed in - the entire campfire was on pins and needles awaiting your "hate-for-sports" response.

It was the keyboards fault for being in front of him.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i wouldn't care if anyone who played for, worked for, or watched the NBA would cease to exist.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a big basketball fan, but we usually enjoy the playoffs and finals, even if they're just on in the back ground.

LeBron's athletic ability isn't in question.

I'm put off by his lack of grace, his arrogance, his being a poor winner, his flopping, goading, taunting, holier than thou attitude, and smugness.

Early in his career, I was a fan. Anymore, I'm disgusted.

I'm guessing, you don't like Fig Newton either!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by centershot

Agreed.

They did not cure cancer though......by the way some of them talk and act you might think they did something really important....

Tom Brady ain't cured cancer or anything else important but he seems to get even more of the media worship and no one here bitchez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not a big basketball fan, but we usually enjoy the playoffs and finals, even if they're just on in the back ground.

LeBron's athletic ability isn't in question.

I'm put off by his lack of grace, his arrogance, his being a poor winner, his flopping, goading, taunting, holier than thou attitude, and smugness.

Early in his career, I was a fan. Anymore, I'm disgusted.
So I guess you had no problem with Curry pouting like a little kid and chucking his mouthguard....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems LeBron also fashions himself some kind of genius. In reality, I doubt he's even as smart as Steelhead.
That would make him the SECOND living brain donor.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,295
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.