Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Does anyone use, recommend the fiber optic sights supposed to help cure cross dominant issues? Does the barrel configuration make any difference (SxS vs O/U)? I am way too old to switch guns from righty to lefty.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The most effective way to deal with the problem is to put a Magic Dot on your shooting glass lens of the eye that is taking over.

The dot must obscure the eye's view of the shotgun bead. Installing it properly takes a shooting buddy with a bit of knowledge and common sense

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
rcamuglia has the economical, effective "cure" just right. After a while you don't even notice the "dot" if you put it right in the focus point of the lense. If you forget it some time, just use the sticky part of a Band-Aid cut to size, or anything that is sticky.

With regard to the choice of firearm, I'd say that if you are used to a single-barreled gun, auto or pump, an O/U will be easier to use well. If not, either double barrel should work well.

I was raised with single-barrel guns (single shots) and, while I have and use several SxSs, I shoot my O/Us noticeably better.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I have used chapstick at the focal point on my shooting glasses while doing sporting clays, but should have explained I was wondering about bird hunting. Not sure how having that smudge on my glasses would affect my vision while walking.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm a right handed left eye dominant shooter and it's been interesting. After trying lots of different things like the dot on the glasses and a little device on the end of the barrel to block my left eye from seeing the bead, I've just stuck with closing my left eye just as I pull the trigger.

I even tried shooting left handed and it felt so wrong I gave up on the first try.

I'm a competitive sporting clays shooter and most of my buddies can't believe I can shoot while closing an eye.

It takes practice but for me it works.

The dot on the glasses is a pretty easy thing to try but may bother you for hunting.

I don't think the fiber optic sight will help with dominance. I think you'll just see the sight better with your dominant eye.

Good luck,
Bob

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.