Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
M4's rule.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by KC

Every Viet-Nam combat veteran knows that the M16 is a POS in combat. I've never used the M4 in combat but it looks like an "accessorized" M16. Maybe it has been fashion designers that have made the decisions regarding our combat weapons.

KC

Thank you so much for that incredible bit of uhhhh, informative information. I did not know that.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I didn't realize my SRB was public knowledge.
You are obviously correct, you have pictures.
I guess my time in the Corps didn't equip very me with the ability to form a separate opinion without bringing my experience into question.
Please, continue to educate me...
Boy, do I wish we had cell phones cameras in 95.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M3 grease guns

Those things are a hoot. Loved to phart around with them, and carried one for a spell. Dunno why they had them but I found a stash of tracer rounds and loaded nothing but while packing that artifact. Smiles by the miles....

Their rate of fire was so s........l.............o.......w....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ringworm
I didn't realize my SRB was public knowledge.
You are obviously correct, you have pictures.
I guess my time in the Corps didn't equip very me with the ability to form a separate opinion without bringing my experience into question.
Please, continue to educate me...
Boy, do I wish we had cell phones cameras in 95.

Please then,

Feel free to tell us your experience at repelling repeated terrorist attacks at U.S. Embassies and Regional Embassy Outposts...

We are all ears.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
you of course realize that 95% of embassies are not in Iraq and Afghanistan, right?
your ideas are what got us in the desert wearing woodland the first time.
you assume your current conflict is what will be the next and equip accordingly.
what worked for you then...what works now on certain areas of current conflicts , are not what a Military the size of the US's bases it's future weapons development program on.

i won't bore you with my service tales. why? you'd not know if I were telling the truth since I can't link you to my Pinterest war dairy.
good day.
thanks for all you do.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It would seem to me that what primarily limits our troops in small arms deployment is our insistence on "playing nice" with the enemy rather than trying to actually win engagements to the best of our troop's abilities and equipment's capabilities.

Am I misinformed?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ringworm
you of course realize that 95% of embassies are not in Iraq and Afghanistan, right?
your ideas are what got us in the desert wearing woodland the first time.
you assume your current conflict is what will be the next and equip accordingly.
what worked for you then...what works now on certain areas of current conflicts , are not what a Military the size of the US's bases it's future weapons development program on.

i won't bore you with my service tales. why? you'd not know if I were telling the truth since I can't link you to my Pinterest war dairy.
good day.
thanks for all you do.

Did you just take your ball and go home after getting sacked on your own 2 yard line?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
if that's what you need to turn it into...

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz

In that same period, the United States has lost some 60,000 soldiers in small arms engagements, an approximate one for one exchange.

That's where I quit reading. That sounds like BS to me. \

After reading about the damage Luttrell and his buddies inflicted on the Taliban, what the SEALs did to the Somalis in Blackhawk Down, and what happened in Libya with Am. Stephens, I just don't believe those numbers. Sure, those weren't great moments for US fighters, but I'll bet they killed 10 or 15 or even 30 enemies for every American casualty. So I think the entire article is BS.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarryC

In that same period, the United States has lost some 60,000 soldiers in small arms engagements, an approximate one for one exchange.

After reading about the damage Luttrell and his buddies inflicted on the Taliban, what the SEALs did to the Somalis in Blackhawk Down, and what happened in Libya with Am. Stephens, I just don't believe those numbers. Sure, those weren't great moments for US fighters, but I'll bet they killed 10 or 15 or even 30 enemies for every American casualty. So I think the entire article is BS.

I don't know where that stat came from, but the casuality ratio over the past 15 years is not even close to 1:1. The M4 is fine, training isn't always what it should be, but the M4 does a good job. The gripes I've heard generally come from someone who never actually used one in combat and is trying to sound more informed than they actually are.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=ringworm]if that's what you need to turn it into... [quote]

What else is there to turn it in to?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BarryC

I don't know. Most of the casualties the US inflicts are from artillery or other supporting arms. No doubt we killed scores of Somalies, but most were probably killed by the helos doing gun runs. And most who were "killed" we're just wounded. And as for Lutrell, most of that story is highly exaggerated if not an outright fabrication.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of our club members is retired US Army Light Col (Infantry), three tours Vietnam. We've often discussed this issue, back then it was an M-14 V M-16 discussion. Without reservation, he favored the M-16. Much lighter, easier to carry AND lots more ammo. As to the M-4, I know they've ahd issues with slower MV with the shorter barrel when it comes to penetration, in fact, we had a significant thread on this in the past.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,339
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.