Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi all,

Local retailer has Daudson SxS shotguns in 12 and 20 gauge. I have only seen the pictures of their stock online, but they appear to be nice looking pieces. The only information I can find on them is that they are made in Pakistan and that they do some high end custom work for European shooters.

Does anyone around the fire know anything more about these guns? I thought I would ask before I made a trip to check them out.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I find the idea of high end custom work being done in Pakistan to be ridiculous.... At least to anyone who knows what high end custom work looks like.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Agreed, just saying that is all I have found on the web.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see some stuff posted on Prophet River Firearms website.

Are those the SS's that you're refering to? $749 ?

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes, those are the ones.

-Henry Van Dyke
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've just been searching them.

Seems that they have some custom scatter guns that have sold in th UK for upwards of 600k. NOt sure if that is Euros or British £'s

Also saw a few articles stating that quality for the avg shotgun is a hit and miss thing.

Maybe you ought to call the retailer to see if they have a few in inventory that you could look at.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I think they are referencing 600k Pakistani Rupees, which would be around 4k British pounds. Seems far more reasonable.

SS

-Henry Van Dyke
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mesabi
I find the idea of high end custom work being done in Pakistan to be ridiculous.... At least to anyone who knows what high end custom work looks like.

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Owl
I've just been searching them.

Seems that they have some custom scatter guns that have sold in th UK for upwards of 600k. NOt sure if that is Euros or British £'s

Also saw a few articles stating that quality for the avg shotgun is a hit and miss thing.

Maybe you ought to call the retailer to see if they have a few in inventory that you could look at.

Hit and miss quality has been the plague of Turkish guns. I don't doubt that these are the same.

Honestly in that price range I would be looking at a used Ugartechea or SKB. Don't get in a hurry to buy and you can find a deal on a quality gun that will increase in value instead of decrease. I mean the $700-$800 range. I lucked out and bought a nice Merkel model 8 a few years ago for $650.

Here are some places to look besides the norm.
http://gun.home.cyberverse.com/

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 06/22/16.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks R H. I'm in Canada, so importation from the US makes the deals in the US unattainable for me.

SS

-Henry Van Dyke
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SamSteele
Thanks R H. I'm in Canada, so importation from the US makes the deals in the US unattainable for me.

SS

Well crap, I didn't even look at where you were. I think Beretta imports a lot into Canada. They did make some very good SXS guns of you don't want an O/U. I remember researching them some time ago. I remember that some models were much more desirable than others. The guys at www.shotgunworld.com can fill you in. Good luck,hopefully you can find something local.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys. Just talked to a friend who said he was given a 101 that he didn't need. Offered it to me. I haven't seen it yet but took him up on the offer.

-Henry Van Dyke

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,734
Posts18,457,575
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.