-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Going to a shoot this weekend. My son and his beautiful wife are coming in from Indiana tonight and Eric and I will be heading up to Pine City, Mn. for a shoot while the womenfolk do what womenfolk do-go shopping.

Eric's got a bunch of buddies who gather from all points for one weekend every year, a homecoming of sorts, to shoot their toys, swap lies, and just enjoy some time away from work. I went with these guys last year and just had a ball. As the resident old fart of the group, they treat me pretty good. I'll run a few through my AR and a couple other guns, and mostly just sit back and watch. Looks like I'm chief cook and bottle washer this year as I will be bringing a camp stove and about 4 billion cheap hot dogs.

These guys don't scrimp on their guns. Lots of neat stuff. Tons of AR's, Ak's, SKS's, FAL's, even a few Garands, M-14's and M-1's, not to mention any number of handguns. One guy last year had an AR with a slide fire stock on it, and I was surprised at how fast he could run it and was actually hitting an old fridge set up about 75 yards out.

The guys all agreed that the hotdogs will taste better than the MRE's everyone showed up with last year. It's a good bunch of guys and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
don't scrimp and SKS go together? LOL

Sounds like fun.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Had a great time yesterday in spite of the oppressive heat. It got up to 102 degrees. Lots of neat guns there. These guys really have some nice stuff. Everything from entry level PSA stuff like mine, to custom built AR's with very big price tags. My son gave me a FEG HP 35, which I've always wanted. Man, is it a nice old gun. We cleared out about 4:00, as we'd both had enough of the heat. They got dumped on about an hour later. 3 1/2 inches of rain in an hour. The road into the range crosses over a mile of swamp, and I guess it got a little sporty getting out of there last night. The road doesn't sit high above the water line on a good day. Add a good old fashioned gully washer to the mix and it switches over from a road to a mud trail to a ford. Everyone made it out, but I guess it was an interesting exit.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
sounds like a good time for all

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think when we do this next time, I'm gonna volunteer to be chief cook and bottle washer. Take up a grill, do some dogs and burgers. Let the guys have their fun, and just kick back and watch. It's a lot of fun just being in the background.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,738
Posts18,457,613
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.