Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
McMillan Group Announces Launch of Grayboe LLE

Phoenix, AZ–– Ryan McMillan and the McMillan Group, worldwide leader in firearms industry innovation, announces the launch of Grayboe Stocks in association with the McMillan Group of companies. Utilizing new materials and processes, Grayboe continues the legacy of industry leadership that the McMillan Group has pioneered for more than 40 years while advancing stock technology throughout the entire firearm industry.

"When running the rifle company, we saw an opportunity in the mid level price range of stocks that are available to gun builders and OEMs." Said Grayboe CEO, Ryan McMillan. "We had conceptualized the idea of creating a high quality, high volume, and low price stock in the past, and Grayboe brings that conceptualization to reality."

"We have worked for several years to provide the industry with an affordable off the shelf fiberglass and epoxy stock." Said Kelly McMillan, CEO McMillan Group International. "It took Ryan's background education and experience in the firearms industry to perfect the process and bring it to the market."

The idea behind the creation of Grayboe began over a decade ago when McMillan Fiberglass Stocks realized the need for a more efficient and cost effective way to make high quality epoxy based stocks.

Grayboe is the culmination of two years of intense R&D, which began by building on McMillan's earlier successes and research. Having adapted cutting edge engineering and materials from various industrial sectors, Grayboe innovations led to the development of a manufacturing process that produces rifle stocks unlike any others before. The completely new process has established a high benchmark of strength and stiffness that others will want to follow. This newly developed method of manufacturing brings together high volume and low costs to the well established Epoxy based rifle stock market. Thru these efforts, Grayboe has revolutionized the way in which thermoset stocks are produced, filling an industry void that has been left empty for decades.

Grayboe Stocks cannot be equaled in durability, accuracy, or price.

For more information on Grayboe Stocks, please visit: grayboe.com

About Grayboe
Grayboe LLC 's core business is dedicated to creating high quality, strategically priced off the shelf fiberglass stocks for large OEM's, chain stores, distributors, and end users. Every Grayboe stock is made exclusively in the USA and carries a lifetime warranty. Based in Phoenix AZ, Grayboe LLC is a privately held company that is closely affiliated with the McMillan Group of companies.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting website. Looks like their first and so far only product is a copy of the Remington Classic but without checkering.

They offer free 3 day shipping, hopefully that's not after a 6 month wait... wink

Price looks good but that "average weight 2.6 pounds" which is 38 ounces might be a deal killer for a lot of folks.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am guessing they are trying to get the customer who doesn't want to spend $500 for a stock. Their choice of name is strange. You could drop the "R" and paint rainbows on it.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I wonder what there "more efficient and cost effective way to make high quality epoxy based stocks" is? Just getting rid of all the custom options? or have they found some real streamlining of the process? Let hoped that they aren't chopped glass.

While the 38oz is a little concerning, a $300 McMillan sounds like a good start.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to read better. 2.6 pounds is actually 41.6 ounces.

The tactical stock 3.9 lbs or over 62 ounces.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trying to take some of that Bell and Carlson type middle of the road business I'd say.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I also wonder if it is a play on Greybull?

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JeffP40
I also wonder if it is a play on Greybull?

My immediate first thought. Probably proprietary!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Weatherby has its Vanguard, now McMillan has its Grayboe. It's a smart marketing move to expand the business.

Last edited by czech1022; 07/06/16.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks like a very nice stock. Mid priced, common configuration, hopefully readily available. Great move.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.