Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 33 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 32 33
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well - the naked rattle-shaking rain dance out on the work deck was exhausting and the elk in the near pasture seemed mystified by all of that - but we are right now (5:45 PM MDT) having a gentle light downfall. Some rumblings continue in the distance, so maybe the output will improve. Let's hope this to be the start of a continuum.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F
Trailer repair is estimated a little over five grand and it is covered by insurance. The bad news they will not get the parts until after we are back home so it will be a tent for us. We will sleep in the car or find a campground for the two nights it takes us to get there.

Too bad, Scott. I guess timing is everything, huh.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It sure can be but we will make the best of it. Just going to cut way back on what we bring.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Trailer repair is estimated a little over five grand and it is covered by insurance. The bad news they will not get the parts until after we are back home so it will be a tent for us. We will sleep in the car or find a campground for the two nights it takes us to get there.

Bummer on the timing. I did see a trailer similar to yours for sale in the parking lot of the grocery store yesterday for $1900. If I had the $$$ I would have bought it. I didn't get the phone # and it wasn't there today. frown

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We really like ours and look forward to getting it back.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Tell ins you want a loaner for the trip

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Tell ins you want a loaner for the trip

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Already tried that. If it was a car we would have a loaner but not for a trailer. We are looking into renting something like a teardrop.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Well - the naked rattle-shaking rain dance out on the work deck was exhausting...Let's hope this to be the start of a continuum.

The rain, or the naked rattle-shaking rain dance? eek shocked

Please tell me that you will desist from such activities during the Gathering! laugh

Or, was it Maddy on the work deck????? shocked

Sorry, couldn't resist... grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Looking at radar tonight! Looks like a little Moisture around the area!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ed - had to press all troops into service - so we both were out on the deck shakin' and rattlin' away to the rainmakers. Except for the elk and eagles, there is lots of privacy out here,

Got results too - nice 1/2 hour drizzle to get the pre-monsoon continuum started. Hope the rest of you guys in the SW are doin' your part.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CCCC
Well - the naked rattle-shaking rain dance out on the work deck was exhausting and the elk in the near pasture seemed mystified by all of that

Dang, who woulda thought...

Now we know what causes the mournful howling of the wolves and coyotes... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old Indian saying:

Success of the rain dance has a lot to do with timing!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Will bring lots of drinks for the whole crowd. Strawberry soda seems to be a big hit even though no one admits it.

By the way. Have friend looking for an M1 carbine. If you have one to sell let me know or bring it along.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You guys just keep makin' fun of the rainmaker don't 'ya - but he's savin' 'yer Campfire up here. We got more rain yesterday - good downpour.

Last edited by CCCC; 06/28/16.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's great news Paul. Glad to hear that you're being blessed with a little moisture.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100
Old Indian saying:

Success of the rain dance has a lot to do with timing!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Will bring lots of drinks for the whole crowd. Strawberry soda seems to be a big hit even though no one admits it.

By the way. Have friend looking for an M1 carbine. If you have one to sell let me know or bring it along.

Mark, glad to hear you're going to make it. Looking forward to seeing you and the missus again.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Trailer Update.

Insurance put the repair money in our bank account 4 days after we told them about the trailer damage. But it looks like their estimate was a little off. The said it would require both sections of the roof be replaced but it looks like only the front section is beyond repair. A new window in the back, something I can do myself may be all the back needs. The parts to repair everything have to come from Indiana and after ordering it ill take 6 to 8 weeks to get them. But the best news is If I do a little work cleaning up and removing limbs sticking through the roof then screwing down to pieces of plywood and sealing with some silicone caulk the trailer will be good to go at least for Quemado. It won't be pretty but it will be dry and a good place for two old people to sleep in.

We are at the farm now and have the inside drying out. The weather even has been cooperating. My son will be here tomorrow and after my daughter's wedding Saturday we will have three days to get the trailer road ready.

Quemado, here we come! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It will be great to see you again, Scott, and we're all looking forward to meeting your Missus!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mudhen
It will be great to see you again, Scott, and we're all looking forward to meeting your Missus!

I wish I could meet her. I've never met a real, honest-to-goodness saint (other than my Mother, of course). grin

(Almost forgot, I have met another saint. She's married to Mark Shubert... laugh )

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 06/29/16. Reason: added text

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by mudhen

I wish I could meet her. I've never met a real, honest-to-goodness saint (other than my Mother, of course). grin

(Almost forgot, I have met another saint. She's married to Mark Shubert... laugh )

Ed

I hope your wife does not read this. eek

Page 15 of 33 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.