Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
i like him, but so far, nobody seems to EVER be held accountable.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I thought at first he was really going to hold people accountable but like all politicians these days he's all take and no action!

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Typical bullshit artist.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I thought at first he was really going to hold people accountable but like all politicians these days he's all take and no action!

EXACTLY!

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep....the fuggin republicans need to stop pursuing these endless hearings and investigations that end up going nowhere....
It's like the little boy that cried wolf....eventually people just shrug them off or assume it's a witch hunt depending on which side of the fence they're on......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bluster without action.

Pretty much what the dims did with their sit in the other day.

People are getting tired of inaction.

Time for some accountability.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JDK
Typical bullshit artist.

Exactly............Gowdy has become the master at talking tough & doing nothing.

All blow, no go; talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

MM

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
What else is it that he is supposed to do? He is a congressman, not a prosecutor. It seems all he can do is try to expose the truth about what happened. Hard for me to believe that he doesn't want to put people away, but his hands are tied to a great extent. What am I missing?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nobody can make a Democrat tell the truth. It can't be done.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, curious here what his job allows him to do about the injustices besides exposing them. Is he falling short?

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The lack of appreciation as to what a Congressional committee can and can't do is staggering...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No reason to pick on people who are generally with you...gotta close the ranks people.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
What else is it that he is supposed to do? He is a congressman, not a prosecutor. It seems all he can do is try to expose the truth about what happened. Hard for me to believe that he doesn't want to put people away, but his hands are tied to a great extent. What am I missing?

He's not a federal prosecutor but why doesn't he go on all the major media outlets and state that his committee recommends charges be brought against her then lay out his case!

Last edited by Elkhunter49; 06/23/16.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Other than being in contempt of court, I am not aware of any mechanism to hold someone (how else are you going to make them accountable)until they cooperate. Congress does not have a jail cell in the basement to hold those folks until they comply.

Does Congress need some effective way to hold someone responsible or to answer questions for bad behavior or questions of bad behavior? We found out with Lois Lerner, who is a public employee that we cannot even fire, hold them in contempt or even suspend them without pay for bad behavior.

This is Congresses fault for not creating a system to ensure cooperation.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
At least he is a voice for the constitution.I would like more also.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I am fully aware that the legislative branch cannot convene a grand jury, issue search warrants, or conduct criminal investigations. I actually like the guy but let's be honest..his Benghazi investigation was a loud and expensive nothing.

Typical bullshit artist.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JDK
I am fully aware that the legislative branch cannot convene a grand jury, issue search warrants, or conduct criminal investigations. I actually like the guy but let's be honest..his Benghazi investigation was a loud and expensive nothing.

Typical bullshit artist.

You or him?

Benghazi is not settled science yet. Not by a long shot.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I actually like the guy but let's be honest..his Benghazi investigation was a loud and expensive nothing.

The investigation didn't help hillary at all. In fact it pointed directly to collusion between her and the whitehouse.

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I would venture a guess that he is doing just about everything he has the power to do.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
I would venture a guess that he is doing just about everything he has the power to do.

and there's that little thing called evidence.

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Don't know if that's a typo, but I agree

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder what crooked hillary did with those emails? grin

MOLON LABE

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by dassa

Don't know if that's a typo, but I agree
I wondered if anyone was going to catch that! wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I can see how the majority leaders can hold him back from actually going forward with prosecutions, but I think his greatest gift to the public is bringing the facts to light.

Regardless of how corrupt the leadership is (yes, small case "l" because they are truly not Leaders) I see him doing everything to show how corrupt this administration is.

Through his superb questioning, we, the people, have learned much more than we could ever have by any other Rep. in Congress.

He isn't just cursing the darkness, he's lighting a candle.

It's up to the American people to make the conservative (relatively speaking) members of Congress do the right thing.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good Words, Ed.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I can see how the majority leaders can hold him back from actually going forward with prosecutions, but I think his greatest gift to the public is bringing the facts to light.

Regardless of how corrupt the leadership is (yes, small case "l" because they are truly not Leaders) I see him doing everything to show how corrupt this administration is.

Through his superb questioning, we, the people, have learned much more than we could ever have by any other Rep. in Congress.

He isn't just cursing the darkness, he's lighting a candle.

It's up to the American people to make the conservative (relatively speaking) members of Congress do the right thing.

Ed
Well said, Ed. I fully believe Trey would take these traitors to the woodshed if allowed to, by either his position or handlers. He's making a name for himself that should allow him to move to that level should a R get elected in the next election. We can only hope and pray!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who would actually appoint a special prosecutor?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And after all his bluster and BS, all congress can do is recommend charges be brought.

Guy's lightin farts, not candles.

Special prosecutor hasn't been requested by the RINOs *on purpose*.

Puzzies, all of em.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gowdys a great Politician working hard LOL !!

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Exactly.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RAS

Exactly.

I like him. Maybe we should remember how long it took to get Nixon with the endless hearings but in the end they got him. Nixon didn't do anything any of the other presidents probably did. I actually liked him and voted for him. He just got caught. He was certainly ahead of the lunatics this country has progressed to. My only regret is that Nixon and Kissinger had that friggin' ping pong game with Red China.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kwg020

Other than being in contempt of court, I am not aware of any mechanism to hold someone (how else are you going to make them accountable)until they cooperate. Congress does not have a jail cell in the basement to hold those folks until they comply.

Does Congress need some effective way to hold someone responsible or to answer questions for bad behavior or questions of bad behavior? We found out with Lois Lerner, who is a public employee that we cannot even fire, hold them in contempt or even suspend them without pay for bad behavior.

kwg

Check this out -->> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/opinion/04tue4.html?_r=0

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
EXACTLY..

All saber rattling - nothing else..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read Ed too many letters post

Then read it again

Well stated sir & spot on imo

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Literally saw him 15 mins ago.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobWills
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Check this out -->> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/opinion/04tue4.html?_r=0

Then Congress needs to grow a set of balls and use it. Witnesses have NO rights. They have obligations to speak truthfully when compelled. Only the accused have the right to remain silent. Witnesses can be held in contempt until they talk or they are no longer useful.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jdm953

True but his committee is a toothless hoax.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by JDK

Typical bullshit artist.

I'm guessing all you liberals that are critical of the Benghazi investigation have watched very little or none of the actual investigations that were televised and form your opinions from the little snippets that your liberal media feeds you. All the Republicans and especially Gowdy have done an outstanding job even though they are only allowed 5 minutes to ask questions and are constantly interrupted by the Democrats on the committee. I watched ALL 13 hours of Hildebeast's testimony and your liberal news media reported how she really put it to the committee. The exact opposite was what happened. She did like she always does-she lied constantly , wouldn't answer the question asked, she stalled until the questioner's time was used up and the answer to many questions was "I don't recall". "I don't recall" has always been one of her favorite answers. Gowdy also did an excellent job with the "Fast and Furious" investigation. THE BULLSHIT ARTIST IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN HILDEBEAST.

Last edited by victoro; 06/25/16.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
In 1996 Hillary (1st First Lady to be subpeonaed before a grand jury in American history) " could not recall" anything during the Whitewater hearings. 20yrs of not recalling anything.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jdm953

True but his committee is a toothless hoax.

I got "true" figured as you being a whiny defeatist that will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, if anybody's ever stupid enough to trust you with ANY mission where morale is a factor.

GFY,

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ringworm
Literally saw him 15 mins ago.

saw WHO ?

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think its funny as [bleep] that you dopey Teabagggers are waking upto the fact that this was a just a Political Witch Hunt designed to take down an opponent.

Ultimately its been a distraction and a waste of resources for the GOP and it meant you accepted a Draft dodging, fraudster and a hysterical ex Bankrupt as your nominee.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
741 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.