Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If you guys think Jeff is really out testing eld's and shooting groups in the 3's, then you are as dumb as he is...didn't know he was a pothead, that explains the fictional world he lives in!

GB1

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
If you guys think Jeff is really out testing eld's and shooting groups in the 3's, then you are as dumb as he is...didn't know he was a pothead, that explains the fictional world he lives in!

Don't normally reply to your drivel but since you are essentially calling me a liar, here's reality for ya. Also, fück you.

I shot several 3-shot groups today right around that size (didn't measure them).... prone w/Harris and my uber-tac rear Crown Royal beanbag..... and from a Kimber 7 WSM to boot, not my heavy 7 WSM. 30 rounds through the Kimber, all 162's, and a couple mags through the AR as the Kimber's barrel cooled.

[Linked Image]

Here's one....

[Linked Image]

And here's another:

[Linked Image]

I'm not messing with ELD's? News to me!

[Linked Image]

All shooting pics are from this afternoon. All shot with the Kimber from prone at 100 yards. NF SHV scope.

Both groups were wrecked with subsequent shots, which was my reason for being there in the first place... It was my third time up shooting just since Monday.... have been chasing demons with the Kimber and today I caught a couple. A trigger hand wrist angle issue and a bipod pre-loading inconsistency. Flyers to the right. Last 9 shots today went roughly 1" group, maybe 1.1". I won't pat my own back too hard until I can repeat it over several sessions; a light 7 WSM is non-trivial to shoot that well. But I think I got them on the run now...

I can shoot tiny groups all day long from prone with the heavy 7 WSM and I'll gladly prove it in person.

I'm messing with ELD's in two rifles, the 162 "X" in the heavy 7 WSM and 208 Match in my '06. However none were fired today.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
while the argument is going to be not consistent enough to be .3 groups on average, that is showing promise!

I'd take the 195s any day if long is the goal... over 162s but thats just my lr background dealing with wind...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
PS, since its all stirred...

Voting Hillary this fall? LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Hey dog catcher.

You are a miserable POS. Give it a break.

Lefty C

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Jeff nice pics of bullet boxes on the floor, lol!!! You are the gift that keeps on giving.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Jeff nice pics of bullet boxes on the floor, lol!!! You are the gift that keeps on giving.

At least he is trying you're just constantly a Fphuuuk.

Last edited by fredIII; 06/19/16.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
the older I get, I realize that some folks are just born to be smart ass ass holes their whole life and will never get past that.

We are are supposed to deal with them but not others.

Don't get it. Never have really. Much more clear now that I'm a bit older and happen to realize I work for the same type of person. They just can't help themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Recently I decided life is too short to even read some of the posters here. Maybe they can't help it, but I don't have to look at their stuff.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Howdy folks. Sorry for my part in the drama here. Pretty good at ignoring these guys, but every now and then I fall off the wagon.

Anyhoo..... this is why this bullet (162 ELD-X) has got my attention. Shot this this morning with the Lite (my heavy 7 WSM); this is an aggregate of (3) 162 Amax and (3) 162 ELD-X, shot from prone with a Harris and my tactical beanbag.

[Linked Image]

Mainly, though, today I was working with the Kimber 7 WSM. It's keeping me humble. smile Still pulling flyers to the right but they are smaller and less frequent.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
tactical bean bag? I have a bean bag, never got a tactical one.

Off a harris thats not bad either btw.

if you are having fliers to left or right issue, and its taking a long time to sort it out, watch your recoil, is the gun coming straight up and back and then back down on target or does it recoil to one side and land on that side slightly... may well be lack of NPA and or some muscling.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Howdy folks. Sorry for my part in the drama here. Pretty good at ignoring these guys, but every now and then I fall off the wagon.

Anyhoo..... this is why this bullet (162 ELD-X) has got my attention. Shot this this morning with the Lite (my heavy 7 WSM); this is an aggregate of (3) 162 Amax and (3) 162 ELD-X, shot from prone with a Harris and my tactical beanbag.

[Linked Image]

Mainly, though, today I was working with the Kimber 7 WSM. It's keeping me humble. smile Still pulling flyers to the right but they are smaller and less frequent.

Jeff you Keep it up. Dogdick might have to eat his hat. laugh.
Thanks for sharing and no apologies needed. Never back down not for a second not ever.

Got some 208 AMAX's down range this morning 625 yards needed 3.25 moa of wind dope. Just a breeze but it went sub moa. target was to wet to peal and save.

Last edited by fredIII; 06/23/16.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Hey dog catcher.

You are a miserable POS. Give it a break.

Lefty C

Hey if Jeff0 can suddenly turn into a genuine rifle
Looney after an entire life supporting left wing anti gun policies more power to him
He even has a patriotic avatar now

We all know that people change their deeply held life long beliefs at the drop of a hat right?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FredIII,
I need to get down shooting with you soon.

Took my 208 amax's out again today. Still getting 3025fps avg with an SD of 5.7 from my 24" barrel. It's holding sub moa to 500yds which was the furthest target we had out. 3.25 wind hold sounds familiar as that's what it took to smack the rock was lazered at 1018yds.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Baby was born last week and mom is off all summer. So we need to pick a day and get it done I'm in. Be nice to let this rain pass let's try not this but next weekend.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What are the twists rates of your rifles? I've run the stability factors and they look marginal at all environmental zones I'd hunt in with a factory Remington 9 1/4" twist

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

JJ,

You should have no problems with the 162 in a standard twist Remington at 7RM speeds.

SD

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys, thanks for the good posts.

Yesterday I hit Cabelas to hopefully snag another box of the 162 ELD-X, which they were out of. However they did have 7mm 175 ELD-X's. Hadn't heard of that one. I was sorely tempted, for grins if nothing else, but I'm too enamored with my practice bullet (162 Amax) and a hopefully-decent controlled expansion bullet (162 ELD-X) having the same POI @ 100 and nearly identical BC. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Jeff, have you checked the POIs at your planned hunting range? Thought about the 162Amax for my 7mmRM, but then it got discontinued, so won't mess with it until the 160gr Partition fails me.
May not be the best paper puncher, but that is what I use 160gr Sierra SPBT GKs for, slight load change, but same POI at 300yd, good enough for my endeavours.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Guys, thanks for the good posts.

Yesterday I hit Cabelas to hopefully snag another box of the 162 ELD-X, which they were out of. However they did have 7mm 175 ELD-X's. Hadn't heard of that one. I was sorely tempted, for grins if nothing else, but I'm too enamored with my practice bullet (162 Amax) and a hopefully-decent controlled expansion bullet (162 ELD-X) having the same POI @ 100 and nearly identical BC. smile

I bought a box of 162s to play with but I changed my mind. I'm just north of Eugene, they're yours if you want them.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (338rcm, 160user, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 300jimmy, 2UP, 26 invisible), 1,719 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,610
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.