Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You are new to the state without a ATV, Snogo, jetboat, raft or any other collection of stuff. Get your pilot's license this year. Get your hours in next year and save for a 180 or a cub. You will not miss opportunities. When people ask about hunting you will just wink and smile! You will have saved money over the long haul.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VEK

Your moose is one that is hard to judge in the field as the bases extend way out before splitting or palmating. There's 30"+ of shaft prior to dividing. Interesting!.....and yes, a canoe is an inexpensive and capable moose getter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK
VEK

Your moose is one that is hard to judge in the field as the bases extend way out before splitting or palmating. There's 30"+ of shaft prior to dividing. Interesting!.....and yes, a canoe is an inexpensive and capable moose getter.

A bit of a throwback to the ancient Irish Elche.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zackly!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
hard as heck for me to guess but I'm going with a wide margin.... 58-62 depending on the angle...

Lets see how far off I am.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
hard as heck for me to guess but I'm going with a wide margin.... 58-62 depending on the angle...

Lets see how far off I am.

A mile off! wink

That sucker is WAY wide.

High to very high 60s, might nudge over the mythical 70.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
When I got him to the office, our redneck IT guy measured him at 70 on the nose, and our redneck VP said that I'll never top it. I could never get more than 69.75 out of him.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
He looked wide wide. From the pictures I just can't get more than 62 out of it, but thats not fair either, sometimes photos just don't work.

Or maybe the fact I"m scared to death of shooting a small one... LOL... brow tines rule.

I"d still be arguing over the .25 inch... not...

Great bull for sure, would have been really grand if not folded, but to be honest I love the character of that bull!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look at the hand on the moose, nearly dead center of the antlers on the edge of the hand. The hand on the antler is spread out a ways... between them there is topography...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
yeah, now I noticed that, I did not originally... hand to hand, if it were 3 feet, thats 6 feet of spread....

But then how does I know what hand to hand is.

OTOH I'd never even look twice at that bull, bang. Worry about the rest later.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
He certainly does have a different shape with those bases extending out so far. I though high 60s was a pretty easy guess!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by rost495
He looked wide wide. From the pictures I just can't get more than 62 out of it, but thats not fair either, sometimes photos just don't work.

Or maybe the fact I"m scared to death of shooting a small one... LOL... brow tines rule.

I"d still be arguing over the .25 inch... not...

Great bull for sure, would have been really grand if not folded, but to be honest I love the character of that bull!

My wife wonders why I can't shoot anything that's normal...my best muley is a big heavy long typical 3 on one side, with a 2-fist-sized knot on the other with 4 big long tines poking out. Better dall sheep is broomed way back.

The bulls death was out of a pat McManus story. I turned around to pack up to leave, and my wife peeks out over her novel from under a poncho and sees the bull waltz out of the woods and maim an alder. "Bull...shoot him!"

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thats a great story and glad to know there are others out there that appreciate different....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 6 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.