-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone use one? How do they hold up? Suggest a brand that your happy with. Looking foe a light weight ,tough trailer. Thanks for all answers

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I use a Triton Aluminum trailer that holds two ATV's. I like it a lot. The ATV's sit on the trailer sideways and they can be loaded and unloaded on either side with the removable ramp, or the ramp can be used at the back.

I also carry my 14" Maravia Fishing Raft on this trailer and it works great.

http://www.tritontrailers.com/atv-utv/aluminum-wood/value-plus/

Last edited by VaHunter; 05/04/16.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a Triton single-ATV trailer that I used to haul around my Sportsman 500.
After 15 years or so, it began to show the wear and tear severely, and I had to replace wood sides, redrill holes for new bolts, completely rewire the trailer, etc.

It is lightweight, for sure, but I wouldn't give it a high score for durability.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bighorn
I had a Triton single-ATV trailer that I used to haul around my Sportsman 500.
After 15 years or so, it began to show the wear and tear severely, and I had to replace wood sides, redrill holes for new bolts, completely rewire the trailer, etc.

It is lightweight, for sure, but I wouldn't give it a high score for durability.
Wood sides & wiring aren't part of anything aluminum. 15 years is actually pretty good for wood and wiring. How did the Al part hold up?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wood and wiring may not have anything to do with aluminum, but overall it does speak to the quality of the product.
The aluminum didn't rust, if that's what you are asking.....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
But how about cracks in the aluminum? By the welds?

That's usually the problem with aluminum trailers.

Something clever here.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Well my Triton is around 12 years old and it needs the wood deck replaced. That is to be expected on any trailer but especially on a light weight aluminum trailer that uses a plywood deck.

If you have not owned many trailers you may think that replacing wood after 10 to 15 years is a bad thing, but let me assure you it is normal. I own three trailers personally, from the ATV trailer to a 14,000# 20 footer, plus my company runs three others.

My ATV trailer wiring is fine but I did replace a tail light bulb once, that may disappoint some but again that is normal wear and tear.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Newman's Sled Bed out of Royalton, MN makes a good aluminum trailer.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have a 10 year old utility trailer that I built. I used 2x6's for the deck and I painted them with the best deck paint I could find on all 4 sides before I installed them. They're still in excellent shape. That paint really works.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.fthr.com/products/recreational-trailers/atv

Outstanding quality trailers, but like anything good, it's expensive.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Aluma makes a nice trailer.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have Aluma trailer for 8 years now no problems. Holding up very well. I have the 12 footer can get 2 atvs or sled and atv on there. Mainly use it for ice fishing, been over heaves,cracks, up and down launches in bitter cold. Knock on wood shes been solid.

I like when the trailer is empty its easy to move around in the driveway by hand, with one atv on the trailer it still can be done, its getting a little tough cause i am not 20 anymore.

Hope this helps.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by noduck
I have Aluma trailer for 8 years now no problems. Holding up very well. I have the 12 footer can get 2 atvs or sled and atv on there. Mainly use it for ice fishing, been over heaves,cracks, up and down launches in bitter cold. Knock on wood shes been solid.

I like when the trailer is empty its easy to move around in the driveway by hand, with one atv on the trailer it still can be done, its getting a little tough cause i am not 20 anymore.

Hope this helps.

Hi None duck meister! How are you?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a 12 foot Bear Track aluminum trailer for the past 13 years. No cracks, no problems and it gets used a lot, from hauling my ATV's to moving furniture and firewood. As a plus, it's made right here in Minnesota.

Bear Track Aluminum Trailers

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by noduck

Hope this helps.

Hi None duck meister! How are you?

Been good Rooster,busy running around with the kids sports.
Hockey,Lacrosse,Basketball and gymnastics. I am becoming a world class chauffeur..

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Anyone use one? How do they hold up? Suggest a brand that your happy with. Looking foe a light weight ,tough trailer. Thanks for all answers
I have Aluma brand trailer.No regrets after 10 years of service.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have an R and R aluminum 12 foot and its about 10 years old. No cracks. I carry by little kubota at about 1500 pounds pretty often. also a gravely zero turn that weighs less than the Kubota. Have had zero issues with it. They use a 3500# Dexter torsion axle. nice trailer

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an EZ Hauler 7x14 Aluminum v-nose cargo trailer that I bought to house and haul my Yamaha Viking VI UTV. Only weighs 1480 lbs. but has a capacity or GVW of 7k. Great trailer. Viking fits with a few feet to spare. Tight but adequate.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My buddy has had two aluminum trailers that have hauled nothing but a Polaris ranger. IF you keep them on the pavement they hold up fine. If you take them on washboard dirt roads they crack like rotten ice. They were welded under warranty 10 times. He finally got rid of them and bought a steel one again.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.